Leveling up to 10 is almost impossible for me

7 hours ago, batiskafo said:

I started playing in April, late wipe. It was a real hell to level up to 10 to get access to flea market, it took me about 30h in-raid (100h in-game), I was on a verge of stopping playing this game becase I was loosing constantly, and only PMC kills were due to HUGE mistake of the enemy and my pure luck.

After the wipe I thought it will be faster, I was playing like 2h daily basis only to see that MOST of other players I meet in the queue are leveling MUCH faster.

Fine, I can win most of normal SCAV AI fights and occassionally kill a PMC. Buti still this game is so frustrating: it is all about loosing your stull, not unlocking it. It is the opposite of most other FPS and RPG games.

I have a very mixed filings but I still play and try to "get gud". I learned Customs, Woods and Factory and try to use this knowledge, with mixed results.

Its a multitude of changes they made that appear to be causing this issue....

1) Raising flea market to level 10

2) Changing the ammo/armor system. High-armor targets now take tons of shots to kill, whereas before it was a bit more realistic (only requiring a few hits). Newer players, while at a disadvantage, could actually stand a chance before.

3) Eliminating hatchlings

Every change they are making is making it more difficult and frustrating for new players, while satisfying veteran players/streamers/encouraging hackers.

Edited by GymTime
  • Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GymTime

• H4zeMnesia

• Wolfsb4ne

• RemedySeven

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my final post, just uninstalled this game. I don't know why it's changed to level 10 to be able to use flee market, and how they evaluate the result of it. But it's just too hard for me.

I'm sorry that you had such a difficult time getting to 10. If you do come back to the game, let me reassure you by doing tasks given out by the traders with friends helps get really easy exp. Also, l

took me about 70 in game hours, once you hit 10 though it doesnt fix anything you need to be 20 or so to actually start playing the game because ammo is poo till atleast level 3 traders.

Wolfsb4ne
48 minutes ago, GymTime said:

Every change they are making is making it more difficult and frustrating for new players, while satisfying veteran players/streamers/encouraging hackers.

The problem is that most modern games have no tangible punishment for failure. So when new players come to Tarkov, they're just in perpetual crisis because they can't handle the fact that bad things are happening to them in a video game for the first time in their lives.

And they are disappoint in what they expect of a video game.  If you listened to everything new players wants Devs have to transform the game into BF5 or COD Warzone. And after you did that, they get bored and quit..

Tarkov isn't like any other game on the market, it's hard learning curve and will stay like this! And even get harder with time...

And they don't encouraging hackers! Devs fight them every days!

Any new player will became a veteran at a point of they just leave because Tarkov isn't for them.

• Sad 1
27 minutes ago, Wolfsb4ne said:

The problem is that most modern games have no tangible punishment for failure. So when new players come to Tarkov, they're just in perpetual crisis because they can't handle the fact that bad things are happening to them in a video game for the first time in their lives.

And they are disappoint in what they expect of a video game.  If you listened to everything new players wants Devs have to transform the game into BF5 or COD Warzone. And after you did that, they get bored and quit..

Tarkov isn't like any other game on the market, it's hard learning curve and will stay like this! And even get harder with time...

And they don't encouraging hackers! Devs fight them every days!

Any new player will became a veteran at a point of they just leave because Tarkov isn't for them.

I understand its a hardcore and punishing game. I don't want a BF5 or COD. 

But what's wrong with having the flea market accessible at level 5 vs level 10?

The issue is they are focusing on all of these changes that slow progression drastically for new players and further reward veteran players (who have been playing for years), to an extent that goes from challenging to just plain frustrating for beginners. 

This results in a game where currently the top 20% of players hold the vast majority of the wealth while the remaining 80% are trying to grind by on scraps...the ones that are nearly untouchable by new players because of the armor/ammo changes they made who can cheaply rock kitted out ARs and level 5+ armor every raid and mow me down in one shot, whereas my crap ammo bounces off them like gummy bears. These same players are already level 40 after the most recent wipe and will probably demand another wipe soon because they're bored.

The question is...do you want a hardcore/realistic looter shooter or do you want a grindfest of a game that requires thousands of hours of commitment just to equally compete with other players in gunfights....the truth is the game will need fresh players to survive, and if you alienate fresh players eventually you're left with empty servers and dwindling veteran players who will grow tired of the same old grind.

I don't see what is wrong with giving people more equal market access earlier on.

Instead of stuff like this, they should be focusing on the elephant in the room which are the servers/desync issues.

Edited by GymTime
  • Like 1
Wolfsb4ne
2 minutes ago, GymTime said:

But what's wrong with having the flea market accessible at level 5 vs level 10?

Devs change this to fight Hackers and RMT

3 minutes ago, GymTime said:

The issue is they are focusing on all of these changes that slow progression drastically for new players, to a level that goes from challenging to just plain frustrating.

You never go for a challenge in your live? Every time you have challenge you get frustration from it? Good luck with life then... Life is also hard sometime...

7 minutes ago, GymTime said:

This results in a game where currently the top 10% of players hold the vast majority of the wealth...the ones that are nearly untouchable by new players because of the armor/ammo changes they made who can cheaply rock kitted out ARs and level 5+ armor every raid and mow me down in one shot, whereas my crap ammo bounces off them like gummy bears. These same players are already level 40 after the most recent wipe and will probably demand another wipe soon because they're bored.

I'm level 30 and also geared full T5 or T6... You will also be like this at an point in the game. And about wipe players never know when it well happen or ask for it! It's Nikita that choose when wipe happen! The COO of TARKOV.

12 minutes ago, GymTime said:

The question is...do you want a hardcore/realistic looter shooter or do you want a grindy game that requires hundreds of hours of commitment just to equally compete with other players in gunfights....

Yes!!! Most of us want this! I don't want easiness! I want hours and hours of grind! Or I get bored after a time...

4 minutes ago, schubbey said:

agreed, game is way too hard

1/10 its not fortnite

The game will still be hard and punishing by having the flea market accessible at level 5, like it was before.

It won't turn into Fortnite. That's a strawman's argument. 

15 minutes ago, Wolfsb4ne said:

Devs change this to fight Hackers and RMT

You never go for a challenge in your live? Every time you have challenge you get frustration from it? Good luck with life then... Life is also hard sometime...

I'm level 30 and also geared full T5 or T6... You will also be like this at an point in the game. And about wipe players never know when it well happen or ask for it! It's Nikita that choose when wipe happen! The COO of TARKOV.

Yes!!! Most of us want this! I don't want easiness! I want hours and hours of grind! Or I get bored after a time...

I like a challenge. I want realistic, hardcore combat with the risk of losing your stuff. That alone is pretty challenging.

So far I've put in an 85 hour commitment and I'm level 7.

I don't see people saying make the game easier, the argument is the disproportionate grind for beginner players vs veterans. These changes are recent, and unless you are a new player, you haven't experienced them.

Stuff like raising the bar to access the free market, making high level armor stronger that is impenetrable by rifle rounds unless they are a certain level only purchasable in the flea market  (i.e. less realistic since even Level III plate armor in reality won't be able to withstand more than 2-3 rifle rounds) are changes that go against realism and just disproportionately benefit people who have grinded thousands of hours more.

I like the game, I just don't understand the changes they are making.

Edited by GymTime
Wolfsb4ne
15 minutes ago, GymTime said:

The game will still be hard and punishing by having the flea market accessible at level 5, like it was before.

What you need to understand Nikita has a vision of this game... We are still in a Beta... When the game will come out in full release, it will be a different game that we have now... Then you will not have all the maps unlock, you will need to progress map by map... And Dealers will be on maps and you need to meet them there, no access from you hideout even the market will be on a map! And you will need to go in raid to go to an dealer of even to the market... And will have to carry all you stuff that you can lose at anytime, that you buy or sell in raid... So, Yeah it's pretty easy now! After you have access to the open world... No time limit you will nearly live in raid then... Only when you die you spawn back in the hideout!  

Even is Devs chose to change the market access to level 20 you must adapt...!

Edited by Wolfsb4ne
Wolfsb4ne
8 minutes ago, GymTime said:

These changes are recent, and unless you are a new player, you haven't experienced them.

I start like everyone at level 1 from first day of wipe like most of players... And I start playing the EFT the 28 February 2020 so in middle of a wipe... Everyone where in full T6 then and above level 40... It was hard first month... I had in begin 8% survival rate... and at the end of the pre-wipe event I had 40% survival rate. Now this wipe I have 47% survival rate... I learn a lot, I played in squad but now most of the time playing solo... Because solo is more my style of game-play.. And I love fight squad and fck with them.... Solo you are more flexible and can harasses them... Flank them like hell causing chaos... Sometime I die like everyone!  But I also win... And wiping an squad of 4 or 5 is so satisfy! I even get third party most of the time... So sometime I fight 8 players at once...!

5 minutes ago, Wolfsb4ne said:

I start like everyone at level 1 from first day of wipe like most of players... And I start playing the EFT the 28 February 2020 so in middle of a wipe... Everyone where in full T6 then and above level 40... It was hard first month... I had in begin 8% survival rate... and at the end of the pre-wipe event I had 40% survival rate. Now this wipe I have 47% survival rate... I learn a lot, I played in squad but now most of the time playing solo... Because solo is more my style of game-play.. And I love fight squad and fck with them.... Solo you are more flexible and can harasses them... Flank them like hell causing chaos... Sometime I die like everyone!  But I also win... And wiping an squad of 4 or 5 is so satisfy! I even get third party most of the time... So sometime I fight 8 players at once...!

You have a chance against them (and squads) because you are high level now and have access to the same gear they have. It comes down to skill and tactics which I think is fun. Eventually that's where I hope to get, so I can engage players like that instead of hiding and running away.

How many hours in-game would you say it took you to get there?

Wolfsb4ne
18 minutes ago, GymTime said:

You have a chance against them (and squads) because you are high level now and have access to the same gear they have. It comes down to skill and tactics which I think is fun. Eventually that's where I hope to get, so I can engage players like that instead of hiding and running away.

How many hours in-game would you say it took you to get there?

I have a total of 654 hours from when I started... But I take like 250 to 300 hours to get better and not to be a noob anymore... But everyone is different... Maybe it will be longer or short for you... Everyone has a different skill-set and play-style... But if you persist you will be there or even be better! 

But if you meaning from this wipe to be level 30 I played maybe 100 to 150 hours... This wipe I evolving faster that when I start in middle of last wipe... And it's normal I know the game now 

And from level 1 to 10 this wipe it did like 18 hours to 20 hours maximum I did it in 2 1/2 days

Edited by Wolfsb4ne
schubbey
vor 10 Stunden schrieb GymTime:

i didnt say it would, i just say people want it easier whenever they make something harder

also the game seems to be way harder with flea level 10 as so many people ask to lower it...id hide it behind a quest at level 15ish but thats just a personal preference (casual gamer over here, didnt reach level 15 this wipe yet as im working and also playing other games, still i think flea level 10 is to early...)

MAAAAAAAAAAAAST
14 hours ago, RemedySeven said:

You want a cookie? nobody thinks you are cool.

You seems a bit pissed right there. Just telling that its easy to level up, you just have to PLAY THE GAME and SURVIVE

True!

Really hard to level trough Task cause there is always some snipers waiting along quest routes. Have been one shotted several times while trying to entre for example cottage in Extorsionst...

batiskafo
14 hours ago, GymTime said:

I'm having the same issue as OP. I have 80 hours in-game so far and I'm almost to level 7. I'm trying to the tasks but I'm stuck on the kill 15 Scavs on Woods task. The spawns on this map are so terrible, combined with me spawning in with geared-to-the-teeth PMCs with thermals and the best gear on Woods, meanwhile with me in crap gear and guns, ends up with me insta-dying before I can even get to any Scavs. I've tried sprinting, I've tried sneaking around...I even tried hiding until the timer was down to 5-10 minutes and by that time I couldn't find any Scavs alive.

I had similar problem previous wipe; this wipe it went a little faster. I studied the map and remembered SCAV spawnpoints (yes, you can find maps that have such info), watched some YT videos about SCAV AI limitations (time to lock, time it takes a SCAV to forget where you are if you are hidden and moving without noises) and it helped a lot.

In the same time I stayed out of high traffic areas where other PMCs are rushing, becasuse with low level gear and no skills only pure luck can help you win a gunfight with senior PMC.

I remember first time I killed enemy PMC that was +30 level than my under 10, and I shot him with my mosin because he didn't notice me hidden behind the rock. Seems this rock was not so often used by other players and it was the reason he didn't check it properly.

• 6 months later...
dead_sunbro

I'm having the same problem getting shot by someone i can't even see.  (100hr/s gamplay)

Starting off on customs (where most of the starter quests are) it's nigh on impossible for me to get from one end of the map to the other without dying. Starting customs side most of my raids.

- Tried running and gunning it, i get dropped by another close spawn pmc before i even get close to a scav spawn point.

- Taking it slow and waiting for people to do their thing (last 10 minutes of raid) so i can mop up remaining scavs and get a bit of loot is pointless too. All the scavs are dead, remaining loot is scattered and my pmc is dying of exhaustion even though he's been laid down for the past 30 mins.

Tried multiple tactics and I'm running out of ideas. Getting sick of being dropped by bush lurkers.

Scav runs are good but i find difficult because 90% of the time you don't even have ears. So everyone can hear you coming and you can't hear bugger all. It's more luck than skill i find on a scav run.

I like difficult games and find them rewarding. I've played a lot of the From Software games and enjoy a challenge, probably what drew me to this game.

I'd like to play the game more but in it's current state the amount of hours involved to "git gud" and get a bit of luck so i can stop doing rat runs, seems too big of an investment when everything is stacked against you.

As a new player i'd like to have a go at some of the bosses without being PvP'd in the first minute of a raid. I'd like to have a go at Killa or something but i don't have a viable gun/ammo or armor to even practice in offline mode.

I like the idea of modding the guns and the way the game plays. Think I'd enjoy the quests a lot more if there was a no pvp option where you can gain experience, loot and be able to fight the bosses and learn before your lined up against another player.

My experience of it is that noob's like me struggle get to a point (where flea market unlocks) so you can get a 1 or 2 shot weapon of your choice. We're all trying to use quiet routes to keep away from people and going down the "if you can't beat them join them route" (becoming a bush lurker).

Looking at experienced players seems like the game just gets easier when you get past a certain level or have certain items. e.g. Unlocking bit coin farm opening eft up each day and "oohhh another 10 million which i can lose" yet us lot are fighting for scraps and can't afford a basic loadout.

I followed Pestily's advice of insuring everything but there's that many people in the same position as me, i can almost guarantee 90% of my basic loadout i'll never see again when i die. Insuring is pointless at low level. Can't vouch for high level because i've still not made it there and probably won't.

Higher level players can buy better stuff, survive more shots, hear further, run faster and longer. I get that there should be progression in the sense of playing the game for longer you should have better stuff.

I don't know what the answer is for this, but until something changes I'm going to give it a break for a bit.

I imagine i'll return to it again at some point. There's something about the game i really like, just tired or rat runs and want to play the game with a loadout of my choice.

H4zeMnesia
On 6/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, Wolfsb4ne said:

YES !! Stop going to your job, spend 10 hours per day in the game before starting having fun !!

Play all thoses days without fighing others peoples, its an FPS (S for shooter) but first 300 hours, hide your ass and dont fight others !

After that, some random players here explain to you is so cool to versus high level player because if you beat them (1% chance) you will have a good weapon !! Ho waiit !!!! Remember, you will can not buy any magazine or parts for this gun because your lvl is too low !

So, go play with one mag and some poor bullets and go lost you brand new hardcore weapon with you classe 4 protection !

Edited by H4zeMnesia
  • Sad 1
ImMelons
On 6/25/2020 at 1:41 PM, Uncley said:

True!

Really hard to level trough Task cause there is always some snipers waiting along quest routes. Have been one shotted several times while trying to entre for example cottage in Extorsionst...

you are not taking a good route that is safe. practice the map before u commit all ur gear easy as that 

5 hours ago, H4zeMnesia said:

YES !! Stop going to your job, spend 10 hours per day in the game before starting having fun !!

Play all thoses days without fighing others peoples, its an FPS (S for shooter) but first 300 hours, hide your ass and dont fight others !

After that, some random players here explain to you is so cool to versus high level player because if you beat them (1% chance) you will have a good weapon !! Ho waiit !!!! Remember, you will can not buy any magazine or parts for this gun because your lvl is too low !

So, go play with one mag and some poor bullets and go lost you brand new hardcore weapon with you classe 4 protection !

i mean i didnt need luck to get 7million before level 10. you just are at a level of skill in the game that u lack. cant be good at everything day one ive been playing since the game was ever announced. and u are complaining about being bad and ignorant (roast yourself some more makes me laugh).

• Sad 1

This video can teach you how to be a better guitarist AND Tarkov player (It's applicable to actually everything you do, wow), give it a watch, i'm sure you'll be suprised how easy it is! :o

H4zeMnesia
1 hour ago, N1mbuZ said:

This video can teach you how to be a better guitarist AND Tarkov player (It's applicable to actually everything you do, wow), give it a watch, i'm sure you'll be suprised how easy it is! :o

And for learn the guitare, directly go into a pro level contest, but you will be eliminated if you dont play perfectly fine the first session, and of course you will loose your guitar and you need to buy another one and learn in first next session how use this new one !

For being serious and stop trolling, if you have you driver licence, did you have learn in formula 1 race or with other peoples who learn too? If you play some "real" sport, did you play with people in same level or versus the national team?

We have nothing against peoples who love the game like this, we just try to say a lvl MM could be welcome and better if people can have choice of game type.

For the love of god, peoples always say "NO MM, already asked million time", so maybe million people are completly retards like you indirectly say, or maybe is just a subject to think and share opinion about.

Just try to open your mind to the world

Edited by H4zeMnesia
viper921
On 6/25/2020 at 2:34 AM, Wolfsb4ne said:

I played DayZ when it was an arma2 game, I played video games before save checkpoints, etc. Tarkov's issue is that the trader system heavily favors high level players and has a really high knowledge level to be competent.

1. A new player can watch all the guides, spend hours in offline mode learning maps, etc. All of that knowledge isn't very useful without the right gear, because that knowledge is the baseline everyone playing for a while has, and they have gear.
  2. Higher level players risk less of their net worth per raid than new players.
  3. This leads to people giving new players advice to "avoid fighting other players until X" where X can be level 10, finishing quests, etc. This make Tarkov a very anti-pvp game.

The nice thing about DayZ was that when you fought someone you both were risking it all. No permanent stash, you raided someones tents their stuff was gone, they had to start from square one.

H4zeMnesia
21 minutes ago, N1mbuZ said:

I did actually and i found out that to get better you need to PRACTICE

You need to invest TIME AND EFFORT to be good at something

You should be concerned about your 1st world nanny comfort levels of cope and realize that to be good at something you need to invest
But i can tell the way you are argueing this that you are probably too young to understand ;)

Listen to me kiddo, i dont know your age and i will not judge you like you do. 

I play one hour max per day at this game, and max 2 on weekend, why? i have a job, i have kids and i build my own house for my family and they'r futur and you come trash talk to me like a street dog, about time and effort? Did you parents teach you respect ?

Who you think you are? just a random guy behind a screen who have too much trust behind his computer.

Respect peoples, respect they'r ideas, stop trolling and talk later.

i will not tell what i think about you, i dont want to be ban.

EDIT :

See in your history post..

"Your issue is not the gear people are rocking, your issue is that you don't have the hours put in into a game that takes ~500-1000h to learn"

I understand what kind of life you have.

Edited by H4zeMnesia
viper921
2 hours ago, N1mbuZ said:

I did actually and i found out that to get better you need to PRACTICE

You need to invest TIME AND EFFORT to be good at something

I play guitar, have for years. Practicing guitar doesn't risk me losing the tools to practice guitar, the worst case is I replace a set of strings every so often. A new player "practicing" Tarkov risks them losing the starting money / gear to keep practicing.

Also there are various tiers to guitarists, all the way from garage bands, full time amateur and pro. This is essentially match-making, the band playing at a bar or club isn't competing with the band touring the nation, they are competing with other local bands. Eventually those musicians get better over time and some go pro.

2 hours ago, N1mbuZ said:

You should be concerned about your 1st world nanny comfort levels of cope and realize that to be good at something you need to invest

While I wouldn't normally say it, using your logic the people you have replied to have invested a lot more into their grammar skills than you have. Perhaps you should spend some extra time practicing spelling and sentence structure?

• Like 1
juliangaming2

Tip: Go factory on OFFLINE, Horde scav count, Easy difficulty, (scav war for easier awareness) and blast it 10 min. Got me 15-20k exp per run. 

Eisenwanst

C'mon guys. Im an older player like you. I have 2 jobs, wife, dog and other hobbys too. And i still invest time in this. And yeah, englisch is not my first language, so sorry about that. The point in my opinion is this: If you wanna play tarkov, it means you have to invest more time than in other games. I cant compete with players who play 8 houers a day. But i can learn over the Months. First wipe, i get level 20. Second, 30. Most of the vets reach 1000 houers over years. You can play guitar as long as you want. Play 30 minutes a day und you will grow over years.