Twitch drops missing

CmdrLudwig

Hi!

I've been collecting my drops since day 1 of the twitch-event. Since there was no timer on when I needed to claim them I just let prapor store them all up until today. However when I checked all my drops today 9 drops had gone missing. All of the drops are from 8+ days ago and I can easily see what's missing based on the history of my drops from twitch. But they have disappeared from prapor, the messages with the "Get" button is not there either.

Are the drops supposed to just run out like that? or what happened?  

Same here. Pissed off as a dropped gun had vital parts over 200k on the Flea. Pretty sure we lost it, they just set the claim time in favour of the no-life players and those with already gigentic stash size. You know how EFT's sadistic logic works: the gap between players needs to get bigger, not smaller ;)

For a change, they had rules written down, but the rules did not mention any of this. Which would make one assume thatit works just like the account-based gifts, that you can take any time you want until next wipe. Just another way of BSG showing they don't care for rules, do whatever they want.

Fanboys will soon be commenting with "you should have ...", that's the EFT community for you.

Screenshot of both the official rules, as well as the in-game pop-up window.

In-game it literally says you can get back to it. There is no time window, nothing.

541985607_Dropsrulesandpop-upin-game.thumb.jpg.1adb81f0accc30ccba61c627f7335347.jpg

i am having the same issue was hoping to take a screenshot of all the good loot i got at the end of the event but 1/2 has gone missing today only goes back the the 13th in the mail log. Hopefully we can get  that stuff back

If this relates I had all 30 some of my drops gone because I didn't start my account after the wipe and finally had the chance to log in. Only started to get my twitch drops from that day after account was reactivated from wipe. If that makes sense and applies to you, you don't get anything unless you have your in-game account set up with your character of either USEC or BEAR chosen. So no keytool or docs case for me. Idk if BSG will be able to help any players with this. I have sent an email out but have not created a post just yet. Seeing what players are experiencing for now. Here were my drops and proof if anyone was not sure what I meant. Had the game running and played one raid. Still nothing and the next day's drops were in. If this doesn't apply to you then something else is the issue if you did not link your twitch account.

received_255186115768354.jpeg

received_3052213558231971.jpeg

received_924710081285663.jpeg

received_2576650795942063.jpeg

received_1108509546210297.jpeg

received_732958544139757.jpeg

On 6/20/2020 at 7:15 PM, CmdrLudwig said:

Since there was no timer on when I needed to claim them

15 hours ago, WeaponX32843 said:

This also happened to me

13 hours ago, Barangolo said:

Same here.

So since all your problems are the same i marked you.
There is no timer appearing on drops, but drops have 7 days "hidden" timer, if yuou don't claim them befora that time go to 0, u lose drops, same as it is with insurance. 

Really unfair!

No timer, so left all drops to Prapor messages. Now can not login for couple of days due to work - so it is all gone?

Very informative rules from game developers - sounds top familar in this game...

Some of us must also go to work, s.o. Can*t be here every day...

And the missing timer really pisses me of!!!

Edited by Uncley
  • Upvote 2

I feel you Uncley there was no timer no message no warning like other items received like quest rewards or insurance returns have.  I lost out on a bunch of stuff and now have no inventory space for fears of losing the rest of my items entirely.

Being a new player, I was unable to play due to PC being super outdated, I don't know the "special 7 day magic rule" and items in messages and none of the people I played with ever mentioned it to me either.  

lost items.png

i think its not a drops issue and more the inbox has a size limit because i'm pretty sure i never accepted all my reward from a task and its gone too

10 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

There is no timer appearing on drops, but drops have 7 days "hidden" timer, if yuou don't claim them befora that time go to 0, u lose drops, same as it is with insurance. 

No sh*t, Sherlock! :D I think we concluded as much, but thank you for stating the obvious in defence of something that cannot be defended.

The issue is COMMUNICATION, again. Twice over, BSG is failing in this:

1. By not stating this in the rules.

2. By not adding the same expiration message it does for the regular insured and quest items.

Players cannot GUESS regulations, but can read well enough to understand them. When rules state something, one should adhere to them. Drops did NOT have the rules you just described. Of course we understand these UNWRITTEN rules know, but this is not part of the "learning curve" of the game, is it? It is plain, simple RULES. Which BSG could easily have written down, in which case everyone would have claimed their drop in time.

Let me spell it out for you, how this should have been added to the RULES:

"Drops need to be claimed within 8 days or they expire."

Wow, this cost me a whole 10 SECONDS to write down! Now tell me this was too much effort to add to the rules ;)

If you come with the "should have known" card "because this applies to all items to be received", you're wrong again: the Xmas gifts have no expiration either and logically one assumes that therefore the drops do not have it either.

The worst part is that for insured and quest items at least there is the countdown timer when you get close to half a day before expiration. If the same expiration applies to drops, why didn't they apply the same system? Logic states that since there is a countdown timer to expiring items, drops would have them too.

It really feels as if either the one in charge of this is deeply incompetent or whether BSG is tricking players on purpose by not giving any warning. The issue with this is that AGAIN those who have been around for ages have an advantage over those participating for the first time. BSG is just endorsing an elitist attitude and people like you just love to rub salt in the wound.

10 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

So since all your problems are the same i marked you.

How gracious, except these are not isolated events, I am guessing screwed players go in the hundreds or even thousands. You'd do well by watching streams where this was mentioned, so you'd understand the impact of such silly negligence (or plain badwill?). A huge amount of players immediately reacted they had no clue, many ground their teeth on stream on the items they lost. I was watching Smoke as he lost his KIBA key drop for not knowing.. It may not matter to him, but others who literally have the same stash cash as a single drop item, are rightfully pissed.

2 hours ago, Shadow_Hornet said:

i think its not a drops issue and more the inbox has a size limit because i'm pretty sure i never accepted all my reward from a task and its gone too

No. You lost quest reward items because they have an expiration date of less than 2 days. They show an expiration countdown and belong to a different category.

There are 4 types of "gifts", each with different BSG mechanics. None of them have anything to do with your stash size. The whole purpose of the gift stash is that you don't have an endless stash size, so there is a time "buffer" before you stash these away, otherwise you would loose items before you ever got them. Each of these groups works differently:

1. Christmas gift: this sits in the gift stash until next wipe, you can retrieve it any time you want, no expiration date.

2. Insured items: these have an expiration date, depending on whether you insured via Prapor or via the Therapist. The wiki explains it here: https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Insurance

3. Quest rewards: Used to be the same like the Xmas gift with no expiration date, since this patch it is 1-2 days, do not recall the exact time. The wiki is not up to date on this topic yet either.

4. Drops: many of us participating for the first time just found out that it has an expiration date, 7 or 8 days (not sure which, as there are no rules written down, so depending on timezone or countdown on hourly/daily basis?). No countdown timer is shown, the item just disappears once you are beyond the time limit. Again, has nothing to do with stash size, as my drops for example occupied much more space than my free stash size, but less than my total stash size. The time-expiration however is clear and many players will confirm that.

3 hours ago, Barangolo said:

I think we concluded as much, but thank you for stating the obvious in defence of something that cannot be defended.

i knew that drops had 7 day timer, before u started "losing them" so ye, it was even more obvious for me that it has timer than for you.

• Sad 3

i would say something in the lines of "the sooner you realize its more of a marketing scheme to get more $ in BSGs pockets, the better", but whats the point...

I realized this today also. I saw that the request rewards now had a timer so I made sure to get them back in time but for the drops, it was never mentioned anywhere that there was a 7 day expiration otherwise I would either have used them or sold them. This sucks really not because I lost those as this is part of the game but because it wasn't my fault. I can accept when I make a mistake (I did loose 20mil at some point) but this is unfair. Anyway I guess this is a lesson but damn I lost a lot.

All twitch drops have expiry-dates, all insurance-returns have expiry-dates, all quest-rewards have expiry-dates. No items that are claimable will be held, or work as a "separate stash" indefinitely. Nor will any items "lost" due to not claiming these be returned.

Make sure to claim your returns and rewards in time.

As the subject matter of this topic has been answered, the thread is now locked.

• Hot 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10
  • Upvote 2