Sign in to follow this  
Xeraphas

What even is armor

Xeraphas

Kiba alarm goes off and I'm in adik, hear footsteps running and get ready to fight. Instant death slide from around the corner.

>killa

4 shots penning my arm into my chest why should I even wear armor?

also most of this patch BP to the chest basically feels like anything less than lvl 4 is pointless

temp.png.10985fa1938441c9cbaae6d231f91bdf.png

Caster89Actual

I had a player scav two tap me in the thorax last night with 5.45 PS while i had a level 4 Uley on.

GG BSG

GeneralBrus

armor is an overly expensive noob filter

ZYFCommand

It is said that cheaters are now using "magic bullets" .

• Like 1

Qual_ex
vor 8 Stunden schrieb Xeraphas:

Kiba alarm goes off and I'm in adik, hear footsteps running and get ready to fight. Instant death slide from around the corner.

>killa

4 shots penning my arm into my chest why should I even wear armor?

also most of this patch BP to the chest basically feels like anything less than lvl 4 is pointless

temp.png.10985fa1938441c9cbaae6d231f91bdf.png

You got hit by 8 Bullets, each doing 62 damage, the first 2 bullets in the chest where blocked my your armor.

T45M does nearly 50% armordamage, so after the 2 chest hits ur armor was wasted.

The first Arm hit blacked ur arm the next 2 hits on your arm did 9 damage each to all of your bodyparts.

so to summ up

1.Bullet, -62 Arm black

2.Bullet 30 damage to armor

3.Bullet 9 damage overall

4.Bullet  30 damage to armor

5.Bullet 9 damage overall

6.Bullet 62 damage to thorax

7.Bullet 9 damage overall

8.Bullet 62 damage to chest

> Dead 

So you armor did let you survive 2 more Bullets than you otherwise would have.

The damage on your arm was totally irellevant, since the 4 Bullets to your chest are what killed you.

I dont see your problem, you vest enhanced your Survival time by 100%. What more do you want?

Greeting 

Qual_ex

• Like 3

Xeraphas
Posted (edited)

It was 4 hits. Bullets went through my forearm that holds up the front of my gun and did damage to my arm then penetrated my arm and still hit my armor it essentially drained my health pool from every hit to my arm while draining my armor doing full damage since the bullets were damaging me twice. It basically makes armor suck since half your thorax is still arm hitbox and you can take damage 2x from the bullet. My armor did prevent me from getting 2 shot because they would have done 100% damage 2x to my thorax while also hitting my arm but it still is absolute suck.

The real problem is that some ammo that would near 1 shot your thorax will still ignore most armor and damage your arm and do a little overflow into your thorax while then penning your armor behind your arm and make you get 1 shot from something that wouldn't have 1 shot you if it directly hit your chest. 

I understand this is a game mechanic but with armor above level 3 being harder and more expensive to get and the over abundance of armor piercing bullets it's been feeling like too much of a gamble unless you can afford the top of the top tier gear. It has gotten to the point where I will only really use armor if I find it in raid and usually just run the dick helmet since nothing else seems to help or tends to block hearing.

Ironically pestily himself just posted a video about armor sucking today.

Edited by Xeraphas

Xeraphas

Welp there was another fun video posted today too and apparently some rounds are registering 2x per shot which further shows why it's frustrating and useless to use armor.

Overkill_Reaper

The problem isn’t armor per say, the problem is the all too available overpowered armor piercing rounds. 
If they made the higher tiered AP rounds more of a rarity the value of armor would go up. 

• Like 1

Van_Hellspit

I have a task for you. Let someone shoot you in the chest with a 7.62 and report back if the forth round killed you.

Much love.

Cloak
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

The problem isn’t armor per say, the problem is the all too available overpowered armor piercing rounds. 
If they made the higher tiered AP rounds more of a rarity the value of armor would go up. 

I think once they add plates. I think it's going to fix a lot of problems people have with body armor right now.

Or not. Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Cloak
  • Upvote 1

KlLLABUDZ

Everything up to and including t4 is just to protect you against scrubs, but you can still get 1 tapped by a macarov to the face. Arm gives you an extra chance, not temporary invulnerability or a flat amount of extra HP.
I typically run t4 armoured rigs I farm off scavs and fill up with loot to carry out, or else I run Gzhels or Gen4 I take of the corpses of my enemies. Even running the best gear in the game which is t6, SNB, m61, and 7n39 is too common and a player with a 60k r AK or SVD or mosin can 1-2 tap you from any bush or dark corner.

• Upvote 1