Sign in to follow this  
Bradinal

Sub sonic Ammo

Would be something to see if you guys were able to implement sub sonic ammo. Giving that 100% stealth to other people. They could be over powering so maybe set a effective range at like 15 - 20 meters so that we wouldn't end up with a player sniping everyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like this idea. One of the best parts is the fact it's so hard to hear these rounds traveling. I've never been shot at with subsonic rounds but I assume that would decrease the crackle heard from rounds flying past you. If this was implemented it could be used to adjust and aim for another shot while the enemy player tries to figure out if he's the one being shot at.

The thing with subsonics is they have a very limited range (1-200 metres). If this could be made realistic it would be amazing. Another thing with subsonics is that they have little penetration, so would be ineffective when shooting at an armoured player.

Would also need subsonic guns like the .22LR ;)

For the AK74 they have a US round that only moves at about 350/fps, that's probably as close as we're going to get unless they implement racking the slide to manually chamber more sub-sonic ammunition.

On 7/5/2017 at 5:36 PM, NateLB said:

For the AK74 they have a US round that only moves at about 350/fps, that's probably as close as we're going to get unless they implement racking the slide to manually chamber more sub-sonic ammunition.

Seeing as jamming and stoppage animations are already done for all weapons supposedly (just not implemented for whatever reason) I'm sure they would just play the animation of a failed ejection every so often. They could even add a modding option with most weapons for the buffer/recoil springs with lighter alternatives, so to allow for fewer stoppages with subsonic ammunition.

• Upvote 1

Weapon makes 3 sounds:  -Metal parts sliding and coliding with each other.

-Powder burning inside of bullet.
                                            -Bullet breaking sound barier.

Supressed weapons usually use some kind of special ammo(like those fancy stuff in Ots revolver or NRS knife) that is really heavy and subsonic.Really good example is SKS,silencer is removing muzzle flash and most of sound you hear is actually gun itself.With regular ammo you get "THUMP" but you cant locate shot.I think they just need to improve US ammo and that is done deal.