HALLAH

Why not ban VPNs?

HALLAH

Wouldn't this curb the number of china cockroaches and hackers infesting the community?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

schubbey
vor 7 Minuten schrieb HALLAH:

Wouldn't this curb the number of china cockroaches and hackers infesting the community?

they are searching for a method atm

• Thanks 1

traumacode

Because they lose money if people can't buy new accounts after they get caught cheating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

DukeLander

^ Point.

And servers upkeep costs money... a lot of money....

behi09ma
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HALLAH said:

actually with the 155 ping limit, vpn or without it, they can't play on other servers anymore, except their owns. 

1 hour ago, traumacode said:

Because they lose money if people can't buy new accounts after they get caught cheating.

1 hour ago, DukeLander said:

^ Point.

And servers upkeep costs money... a lot of money....

you 2 are brilliant, just saying 🙄

Edited by behi09ma

htanmsa
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

actually with the 155 ping limit, vpn or without it, they can't play on other servers anymore, except their owns. 

Better than spending resources on researching vpn ban they can set limit to 120 or 80 as default so it’s really impossible to play. Then provide us option to increase ping limit to whatever you like. So that we would be matched with similar players. If you worry about Chinese (that they are the only hackers out there)  then only those who increase ping will face this. You don’t need to worry about it but it also provides opportunity to all other locked out and can’t play with friends out there. It also helps legitimate vpn users because they use vpn to increase game quality. Vpn is not only for hackers. I use vpn to increase my quality of game . It takes 3 connections(Lan,4g Through usb, WiFi) and provide ultra reliable connection and quality unlike single connection.

speedify uses channel bonding the one I refer to

Edited by htanmsa

kingt
2 hours ago, htanmsa said:

I use vpn to increase my quality of game . It takes 3 connections(Lan,4g Through usb, WiFi) and provide ultra reliable connection and quality unlike single connection.

that makes no sense, you are putting more hops onto your route to any server using any sort of VPN, let alone a 3rd party app to frankenstein some sort of redundancy into your network connection   

this is just adding extra latency onto your Internet connection 

• Upvote 1

DukeLander
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, behi09ma said:

Knowing how real world works is brilliant for you?

Oh boy, I knew we have kids around but 10 years old...

Edited by DukeLander

skyflashde

The people that do professional cheating can create new VPN tunnels a lot faster than BSG can ban them. Banning VPNs only gets rid of the stupid people.

And if I say VPN, I dont really mean VPN. They dont need a full VPN to play, a proxy with some magic inside works just fine. It can also stop the ping kicks for them.

behi09ma
13 minutes ago, DukeLander said:

Knowing how real world works is brilliant for you?

Oh boy, I knew we have kids around but 10 years old...

that's why i said you are brilliant for knowing how the real world works. 

how you guess people's age omg, you just hit the exact number, good for you boy.

DukeLander

Ok smart ass...

Can you please tell us how much cost dedicated "gaming" server per month?

TUALMASOK

They can't ban VPNs as they haven't got enough servers world wide. Some people can only play with a VPN. I've had to use one myself just to play with my local friends, because the internet in Australia sucks.

It would be good if the regional lock downs could be enforced, but cheaters are going to find a way. It's the way it's been since online games were invented.

htanmsa
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kingt said:

that makes no sense, you are putting more hops onto your route to any server using any sort of VPN, let alone a 3rd party app to frankenstein some sort of redundancy into your network connection   

this is just adding extra latency onto your Internet connection 

Speedify has redundant mode in which all 3 connections transfer same data at same time on different routes but mostly as closest as possible. So if you miss one packet other one compensates. And also dont forget vpn has deducted connection so not much losses. only delay is between server and vpn server.

Also the main reason is my net bad drops frequently. So other nets compensates. Just saying if I use my net without vpn sometimes webpage does not load sometimes game high ping.

But with vpn I wont face these problems. Without vpn my ping (170-200) with vpn (150-160 )

Edited by htanmsa

HALLAH

Maybe an option to select EOD only servers?

schubbey
Posted (edited)
vor 23 Stunden schrieb behi09ma:

its actually true, a company which doesnt charge a monthly fee or ingame cosmetics still need to make money to afford servers, upcoming costs and staff members, not to forget the high amounts of money they had to invest into bad deals just to get a few servers everyday while drop event - how can a company like eft get money, only way is to sell new accounts atm (will change of course once they start selling the dlcs, but even then most of players who stick to the game will buy EoD)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb HALLAH:

if they sell items worth of 500 bucks a week while paying 10 for a hack a month and losing an account each week, they dont care if its standard or eod - also they might prefer to enter eod raids as they know these are mainly guys playing a lot knowing what they are doing - better say sweaty guys

Edited by schubbey

Zultvoet
On 6/22/2020 at 6:01 PM, traumacode said:

IF bsg ban 2k people a day on average (lets say) and there are 30 days in the month that adds up to €2.100.000 per month in revenue, IF every caught hacker buys another game account. Chinese hackers earn 120$ a day in RMT, that leaves about 75€ a day for a hacker, IF they get caught every day (which they don't). That is good salary in China. They will not stop or be discouraged. BSG makes a fuckton of money on them, and they make a fuckton of money on RMT. Do the math, reach your conclusions.

HALLAH
8 hours ago, Zultvoet said:

IF bsg ban 2k people a day on average (lets say) and there are 30 days in the month that adds up to €2.100.000 per month in revenue, IF every caught hacker buys another game account. Chinese hackers earn 120$ a day in RMT, that leaves about 75€ a day for a hacker, IF they get caught every day (which they don't). That is good salary in China. They will not stop or be discouraged. BSG makes a fuckton of money on them, and they make a fuckton of money on RMT. Do the math, reach your conclusions.

So the solution is to nuke China - got it. BSG make it happen

LaMian
17 hours ago, HALLAH said:

I agree that.

behi09ma
17 hours ago, HALLAH said:

you think it will matter for cheaters who make real money from cheating to buy or not buy the EOD version?! it will not change anything imo.

traumacode

It would be great if BSG would actually comment on these threads and admit their greed is dissuading them from actually permanently solving the problem.  They just post a bunch of BS about how many people get "banned" a day but the reality is that these people continue to cheat and re-buy the game which lines BSG's pockets.

The only people that are being hurt here are the honest players like me who actually bought this game in alpha hoping that my money would be used to make a great game with an anti-cheat system that actually works.

As almost always, greed wins.  Let's just watch more videos of Nikita waving stacks of money in the air while his fat ass laughs at us all for being foolish enough to think he actually cares about the player base.

HALLAH
On 6/23/2020 at 1:31 AM, htanmsa said:

Better than spending resources on researching vpn ban they can set limit to 120 or 80 as default so it’s really impossible to play. Then provide us option to increase ping limit to whatever you like. So that we would be matched with similar players. If you worry about Chinese (that they are the only hackers out there)  then only those who increase ping will face this. You don’t need to worry about it but it also provides opportunity to all other locked out and can’t play with friends out there. It also helps legitimate vpn users because they use vpn to increase game quality. Vpn is not only for hackers. I use vpn to increase my quality of game . It takes 3 connections(Lan,4g Through usb, WiFi) and provide ultra reliable connection and quality unlike single connection.

speedify uses channel bonding the one I refer to

What do you think about hardware-id bans which battleye is known for? 

• Like 1

KiloNein
On 6/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, schubbey said:

they are searching for a method atm

Doubtful.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

schubbey
vor 7 Minuten schrieb KiloNein:

Doubtful.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

can follow their status updates to see what they announce :)

rwan

If you buy Edge of Light version of Tarkov - it comes with ban immunity from tarkov cheats 😛