ja4y

Private Clinic Reward changed without letting us KNOW.

Sir_Mossy
Just now, Baird_Dog said:

@Sir_Mossy Time i spent grinding for it is far more valuable than any money. It's not an op quest reward if they make the SIMPLE change and just make it not Found in raid. No quest rewards should be FIR.... I wanted the case. Not the rubles from selling it. Do you have the case Mossy? if so, your opinion doesnt matter. 

I don't actually, and I wouldn't be a fraction of the amount angry that you are if I was in the same situation. I understand that beta is all about changes and not all changes will always bring about a positive outcome, but that doesn't mean that you're owed anything or that the company is the devil. 

ja4y
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

But it's a video game, not real life. You're not being cheated out of real money in any regard, but rather an in-game currency that legally has no real life equivalent. By them making RMT against the rules in the EULA, they are effectively making the currency have no monetary value, nor are you paying real life money to get said currency. You are losing out on pixels with no value, and that isn't illegal. What they did to change the quest isn't bad practice either. It is a change that needed to be made because it was an OP quest reward and that's what happened. 

Jesus Christ have u ever gotten mad about something or you are some kind of duck** shaolin monk? U cant understand simple thing that we feel like we wasted time cause they didnt even took the trouble to put a patch notes for us players that test their beta for full price? 

go ahead tell all this people they are crazy getting tilted by BETA game, lol. 

Edited by ja4y

Im_C_O_T_W
Posted (edited)

The thicc weapons case was also removed from a quest reward.

I'm not sure why there wasn't any patch notes about this change... 

This game will never be taken out of beta.

Edited by Im_C_O_T_W

Baird_Dog

@Sir_Mossy Heres the thing. I have not villainized BSG at all. I simply said if the quest still says it rewards a thicc case and you get and Icase. thats wrong. They need to make their changes throughout the game. Theres no reason to change something on the backend and not change the frontend to display it rewards the Icase. I havnt even turned mine in luckly. but I have something called empathy and I can see things from other peoples point of view . I dont just barge in calling everyone drama queens like you. 

• Like 2

hintaro

BSG & Nikita in a Nutshell.😄

ShiroTenshi
23 minutes ago, Baird_Dog said:

The game still says it rewards a thicc case,

That i know if, it hasn't since the change:

yxo9znfhli651.png

And the wiki was also updated shortly after. If you still see it a s THICC case, then the DEVs may have reverted the change, or it may be a bug.

ja4y
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

That i know if, it hasn't since the change:

yxo9znfhli651.png

And the wiki was also updated shortly after. If you still see it a s THICC case, then the DEVs may have reverted the change, or it may be a bug.

It shows u Items Case cause u clearly did this quest before. For anyone else it shows unknown reward (which was the same with thicc) 

Edited by ja4y
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ShiroTenshi
1 minute ago, ja4y said:

It shows u Items Case cause u clearly did this quest before. For anyone else it shows unknown reward. 

No, i didn't do that quest. That was an image taken from Reddit as that is the screen that shows the rewards after the change. And if it says 'unknown reward' (which it always did if i remember correctly) then it clearly can't say 'THICC Items case' like the person i am quoting said it did..

GhostZ69
1 hour ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Hello

Sorry you feel this has affected you this seriously. According to the EULA:

I understand some changes are more drastic then others, and have a bigger effect on gameplay. However BSG is within their right to change things as they see fit during the in development phase we are currently part of. Sometimes they will announce these changes, sometimes they will not.

That being said, I will pass along feedback to the higher ups that more frequent communication about changes is a good idea and should be a goal as it would make everyone a lot less uneasy about such changes.

Holy smokes dude.  You guys make a HUGE change, get a LOT of people upset and come here and quote the EULA?  Seriously?  What a joke.

We all KNOW you can do what you want, but to make a change like that and then say, Cause I said so....  Is redonkerous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

ja4y
Just now, ShiroTenshi said:

No, i didn't do that quest. That was an image taken from Reddit as that is the screen that shows the rewards after the change. And if it says 'unknown reward' then it clearly can't say 'THICC Items case' like the person i am quoting said it did..

It never said "THICC Items case" it always was "Unknown reward". Maybe just BSG giving random people THICC and others ICASE - just to test the Beta. 

ShiroTenshi
7 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Holy smokes dude.  You guys make a HUGE change, get a LOT of people upset and come here and quote the EULA?  Seriously?  

Yes, Seriously. You and i both know that people don't really bother reading what they are signing. I quoted the EULA to make sure everyone knew where we were standing from the start of this thread about what BSG actually does or doesn't have to do (Not what it should or shouldn't do). That is to say, they don't have to tell us about each and every change (but to avoid negative reactions such as what we're seeing they probably should).

And if you continued reading you would have seen where i also state that i am going to give feedback to the DEVs about more clear announcements about when changes take place.

7 minutes ago, ja4y said:

It never said "THICC Items case" it always was "Unknown reward". Maybe just BSG giving random people THICC and others ICASE - just to test the Beta. 

No, this isn't the case. It always gave the THICC to everyone and then it was changed. That someone still claims it says it's a THICC is either:

- Error on their part
- Bug
- Devs having reverted the change

I don't even have that quest yet, so i can't check. I can only trust what others have posted this far.

• Cold 1

Sir_Mossy
29 minutes ago, ja4y said:

Jesus Christ have u ever gotten mad about something or you are some kind of duck** shaolin monk? U cant understand simple thing that we feel like we wasted time cause they didnt even took the trouble to put a patch notes for us players that test their beta for full price? 

go ahead tell all this people they are crazy getting tilted by BETA game, lol. 

Because there would be ducking patch notes 20 times a day. Economy-based changes are done quite frequently, and getting a notification of a "patch note" (which really wouldn't be a patch) telling you ONE SINGLE CHANGE would be a waste of time. They tend to keep most of those changes up to date on their Twitter via a tweet talking changes of that sort.

Also, each upvote doesn't mean they agree with the person's discontent, but rather they are upvoting to spread awareness of the change. That tends to happen with major changes, from the changes in size of certain cases to quest reward changes to trader stock. Being this bent out of shape because of a quest reward change is quite sad. You are literally ruining your day over a few million roubles in a video game.

alexkane

@BSG but i hope you were honest and fair and also took all THICC cases which other players get as a reward of quest. right ? like wipe strenght 2 times for all....

it is just 'bu.s.it'... listen more streamers...only they will stay...

tobiassolem

As I understand it, the reason why some of the community are strongly reacting is that

a) This was done mid-wipe

and

b) It's unfair that the chunk of players who did the quest prior to the change now has a THICC, and everyone else after don't

as well as possibly,

c) The relative value from what you get from the quest vs. what you "invest" is too high

and most certainly

d) That this change was done without saying so or explaining why

I believe that the fact that it was changed without saying so, or explaining why is a superficial reason. It's more vanity and entitlement than substance. As for the relative values, that's also somewhat of a bogus reason, the traders shaft you all the time - and the tasks you do for them mostly benefits them, aside from the fact that they now offer you more items to sell (for their future benefit). The fact that Tarkov shafts you is kind of a given.

Reasons a) and b) seem to hold the most merit here. I think they ought to be addressed by the devs, BUT I actually don't have a problem with them personally. My personal reason for not rage quitting (is that I am a BSG-fanboi, I know I know) is because I've never played one of these wipes without the strong sensation that nothing that I acquire will remain. It's a test, and EVERYTHING I accomplished during these months will be wiped clean. All that data will be empty and meaningless, and post-wipe I will still be as excited as I was the last time it happened.

In short, I accept that I do not own anything but the memories and experiences I had in Escape From Tarkov. Everything is nothing. Empty bytes and bits part of a software in testing, where I am the guinea pig.

Under these circumstances, point a and b, stands less strong. Point b is mildly annoying for me, as I've yet to go past that quest. I won't get that SICC thing. And someone else got it. I understand everyone who spent raid after raid grinding to do this, but tasks, and finding things for them are; to me the reward. Sure, the container that holds almost 200 slots of "stuff" is useful. Not getting it when someone else is getting it seems fairly representative to the world of Tarkov. It happens to me every raid. It's a part of the essence of the game.

The fact that it was done mid-wipe relates strongly to point b. Because it is the reason behind why people think its "unfair". It's like when you buy a graphics card, and three weeks after, the store cuts the price in half during a SALE. A small part dies inside. But you have to accept it. Certainly not the perfect analogy. I agree, but that's how the world is.

The unaddressed, invisible "point" is that of "common decency" and "humanity". BSG would be of more "service" to their customer base, had they done what "it" or they expected.

With all due respect. I think this has to be taken with a grain of salt. BSG has done plenty of things to "appease" the community (and plenty of things to make it angry). There's an ebb and flow to these things, and as it is with everything. I personally think that this is a storm in a glass of water. That people honestly are "leaving the game" over this, sounds more like a dramatic exit actually based in something different.

The rules of the game will continually change. This has been true since the game first hit alpha, and it is still true to this day.

• Like 1
  • Cold 2

Weasel14

Just revert it until next wipe

• Like 1

PopPopRet
4 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

As I understand it, the reason why some of the community are strongly reacting is that

...snip...

Wow, a well thought-out and empathetic post. Amazing what a difference someone reacting like this vs. "here's our EULA, now duck off" makes. The "BSG Crew" should be taking notes. Thank you for replying thoughtfully and not treating the community, or their concerns, like garbage.

• Like 1

alexkane

to get THICC now is to collect 10 x LEDx...when this 'fu...' radar cheat is working... so how legit players can get more than 10 LEDx (10 for THICC and 3 for quest). worst change ever in mid-game. 

• Upvote 1

JeffreyLF
7 minutes ago, Weasel14 said:

Just revert it until next wipe

This, why change it now and screw everyone over that hasn't done it yet, it's simply not fair to everyone else and that's all there is to it, especially since I have already turned in part of the items required, a ledx and all 3 scopes

• Like 3

SailorSurfer

Wow. Bsg why would you remove the reward I have been working so hard for. I literally have been grinding day and night for my thicc cases!! I will never recommend this game to anyone if they don’t fix this stupid mistake.

• Like 2

Drison
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Blah blah blah

Do you have any evidence this change was intentional? It's not like BSG actually report their stealth nerfs anyway. Since your profile carries the "BSG Employee" tag, mind doing a bit of confirmation first before trolling your customers?

Edited by Drison

WilliamE216

I don't think I have much of an issue with the change. I was, however, one of those who got it done well before the change so I HAVE the T H I C C case. That being said I'm looking at this from a different perspective. If the quest wants you to turn in 3 LED X and 3 Scopes that should be downgraded to 2 LED X and 2 Scopes at least. Having to either buy or farm the items is pretty heinous at times considering you need to run labs or have expensive keys to even do the latter method makes it pretty rough on the general populace. The changes to the quests are understandable though. The T H I C C case is a MASSIVE increase to storage size and eliminates a lot of the need for any storage whatsoever. In the end I'm sure the ploy is mostly to get people to spend another hundred bucks to upgrade from basic to EoD edition which from Nikitas perspective is just fine and I can't argue it but at the same time it does sort of stiff the general public a little.

A happy middle ground scenario should be to replace the reward for the T H I C C weapon case with the T H I C C item case instead. So a person has to grind to level 40 to get the case. That alone is pretty much requiring you play the heck out of the game as I've been going every day since the wipe and am just now almost 36.

ja4y
19 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

a) This was done mid-wipe

and

b) It's unfair that the chunk of players who did the quest prior to the change now has a THICC, and everyone else after don't

as well as possibly,

c) The relative value from what you get from the quest vs. what you "invest" is too high

and most certainly

d) That this change was done without saying so or explaining why

I believe that the fact that it was changed without saying so, or explaining why is a superficial reason. It's more vanity and entitlement than substance. As for the relative values, that's also somewhat of a bogus reason, the traders shaft you all the time - and the tasks you do for them mostly benefits them, aside from the fact that they now offer you more items to sell (for their future benefit). The fact that Tarkov shafts you is kind of a given.

Reasons a) and b) seem to hold the most merit here. I think they ought to be addressed by the devs, BUT I actually don't have a problem with them personally. My personal reason for not rage quitting (is that I am a BSG-fanboi, I know I know) is because I've never played one of these wipes without the strong sensation that nothing that I acquire will remain. It's a test, and EVERYTHING I accomplished during these months will be wiped clean. All that data will be empty and meaningless, and post-wipe I will still be as excited as I was the last time it happened.

In short, I accept that I do not own anything but the memories and experiences I had in Escape From Tarkov. Everything is nothing. Empty bytes and bits part of a software in testing, where I am the guinea pig.

Under these circumstances, point a and b, stands less strong. Point b is mildly annoying for me, as I've yet to go past that quest. I won't get that SICC thing. And someone else got it. I understand everyone who spent raid after raid grinding to do this, but tasks, and finding things for them are; to me the reward. Sure, the container that holds almost 200 slots of "stuff" is useful. Not getting it when someone else is getting it seems fairly representative to the world of Tarkov. It happens to me every raid. It's a part of the essence of the game.

The fact that it was done mid-wipe relates strongly to point b. Because it is the reason behind why people think its "unfair". It's like when you buy a graphics card, and three weeks after, the store cuts the price in half during a SALE. A small part dies inside. But you have to accept it. Certainly not the perfect analogy. I agree, but that's how the world is.

The unaddressed, invisible "point" is that of "common decency" and "humanity". BSG would be of more "service" to their customer base, had they done what "it" or they expected.

With all due respect. I think this has to be taken with a grain of salt. BSG has done plenty of things to "appease" the community (and plenty of things to make it angry). There's an ebb and flow to these things, and as it is with everything. I personally think that this is a storm in a glass of water. That people honestly are "leaving the game" over this, sounds more like a dramatic exit actually based in something different.

The rules of the game will continually change. This has been true since the game first hit alpha, and it is still true to this day.

Well apparently there is BSG Crew member who dont treat community like guinea pigs that paid to test their game shoving EULA in our asses in every possible situation. 

~Thank you.

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ClericMan said:

Yo :D nice u are covering your backs from "legal" point of view, but what about "basic human decency" ? 

Well, lets be honest you can't be mad on ppl who have like almsot "nothing" to do with those changes, those are moderators, ppl who do other stuff, they can answer to your questions but they can be really engative about BSG decisions.

Even if SHiro said that 

That being said, I will pass along feedback to the higher ups that more frequent communication about changes is a good idea and should be a goal as it would make everyone a lot less uneasy about such changes.

since it's obvious that such thing is like hmm, "not fair" "players will dislike it" etc.
He knows that if they would add specific msg like "we did change reward because we noticed that...." "we did change reward becasue it created bug which..." or just whatever like this and the amount of mad ppl in this topic would be smaller.
Those are obvious things for us and for him, just give him a break, it wasn't his call.

So ye, all we can do is to deal with it, it's not first, or second, or third time they change something during raid.
Quick examples?
1. Changing quests with FiR status/amount of items required for quest etc. (Fair for everyone? No.)
2. Removing ablity to trade/drop SC. I was quite mad, cause the day before that changed i gave my Kappa to friend who wanted giveaway it on his channel, well he had 2 x Kappa for long time till he decided to sell it to Fence (So someone could potentailly buy it from viewers)
etc.

As i said, information was passed to BSG that we don't like such changes, but we have to deal with those changes. Thats how BSG acted before, will it change? Maybe, maybe not, i wouldn't count for that tbh.

@ja4y  but Shiro do know why ppl are mad, but there is no point of explaining all of that since we all know why players are mad.
He even stated that communication should be a goal here. 

Edited by Niewiarygodny

Sacc

Hello

Sorry you feel this has affected you this seriously. According to the EULA:

I understand some changes are more drastic then others, and have a bigger effect on gameplay. However BSG is within their right to change things as they see fit during the in development phase we are currently part of. Sometimes they will announce these changes, sometimes they will not.

That is some pure Soviet mentality right there buddy.

ja4y
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sacc said:

That is some pure Soviet mentality right there buddy.

Hahaha, for real purest at it is.
BSG Crew is playing Tarkov Roleplay so hard even at forum. 

3 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Well, lets be honest you can't be mad on ppl who have like almsot "nothing" to do with those changes, those are moderators, ppl who do other stuff, they can answer to your questions but they can be really engative about BSG decisions.

Even if SHiro said that 

since it's obvious that such thing is like hmm, "not fair" "players will dislike it" etc.
He knows that if they would add specific msg like "we did change reward because we noticed that...." "we did change reward becasue it created bug which..." or just whatever like this and the amount of mad ppl in this topic would be smaller.
Those are obvious things for us and for him, just give him a break, it wasn't his call.

So ye, all we can do is to deal with it, it's not first, or second, or third time they change something during raid.
Quick examples?
1. Changing quests with FiR status/amount of items required for quest etc. (Fair for everyone? No.)
2. Removing ablity to trade/drop SC. I was quite mad, cause the day before that changed i gave my Kappa to friend who wanted giveaway it on his channel, well he had 2 x Kappa for long time till he decided to sell it to Fence (So someone could potentailly buy it from viewers)
etc.

As i said, information was passed to BSG that we don't like such changes, but we have to deal with those changes. Thats how BSG acted before, will it change? Maybe, maybe not, i wouldn't count for that tbh.

@ja4y  but Shiro do know why ppl are mad, but there is no point of explaining all of that since we all know why players are mad.
He even stated that communication should be a goal here. 

I know i know im calm now, from player standpoint this whole situation could be summarized with simple word Niewiarygodne.

Edited by ja4y
  • Upvote 1