BushMansGlory

OFFLINE version for those unable to ONLINE

BushMansGlory

I use to play Tarkov every day after work deep into the Aussie night then I moved houses and due to Australia's horrible internet outside of the city I find that I can not achieve less then 600ping witch in a online raid is an instant kick. Now I love me tarkov and I thought why couldn't they add an offline version. Have an offline character with there own stash and own trader like a offline fence that randomly generates his stock with a chance of high loot. give players like myself something to play with our crappy net.

Earlier on all I wanted was to run around with a mosin but due to not bing able to play online raids I cant loot up cant level up witch prevents mission progression trader progression and no flea market.

I have no idea if this is even possible copy the game and turn the online off even a sepret tarkov "Escape From Tarkov Offline"

I love this bloody game but am crushed I cant play!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

TractorBoi79

Yes, Please add offline progression (single player mode). This would really benefit new players like me who are put off playing because it can be so soul crushing to go up against pro players who have a ton of experience with the game, and it would benefit the hardcore players because the online matches would have more skilled and geared players. A fully offline mode would be great for people with smaller monitors and less powerful internet or graphics (not everyone can have every advantage). What I'm talking about really is accessibility. I love the game, but I'd love it even more if I could avoid having to worry about some player who plays all day every day and knows every single angle on the map. You could even make the PVE mode a much slower progression. Please, let us noobs experience something other than getting one-tapped almost as soon as they try to move anywhere

afgan_
Posted (edited)

I support - although I have good internet, playing onlines is annoying for many reasons, pings, server lags, cheaters etc. Furthermore, whereas I get 114FPS average offline, online I get massive drops - average is still like ~80, but the drops are horrible to like 30 or even 10.

That said there is another similar thread from yesterday and apparently DEV said no to this idea.

Edited by afgan_

Niewiarygodny

I really have no clue, how playing "EFT in offline" vs AI who has no brain might be fun. 

It's like playing CS 1.6 with easiest bots and having "fun", isntead playing vs real humans.

On 6/23/2020 at 4:06 AM, BushMansGlory said:

I have no idea if this is even possible

I know it's possible to use search function on forum, since this topic is being brought on average 1 time per day. 
No, there will be no such mode, EFT is meant to be in online, would require a lot of extra work and maintenece, thats now what BSG wants.

@TractorBoi79 @afgan_ if you really wanna have "single player" experience then wait till EFT is fully released and then BSG next project will be a single player game. Beside that, no there will be no "offline mode with progression for single player".

I really can't understand this idea. I mean, ok i get that someone can have no internet, but thats like rare thing, normally ppl wanna have "offline with progression, seperated mode from online" because they are dying/can't survive etc.

The question is, is EFT fun to be played in offline? For me not at all, it's like playing rust in offline, dayz, cs 1.6 with easiest bots...

afgan_
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

@afgan_ if you really wanna have "single player" 

No I don't want single player, as discussed in the other topic Online is not the same as PVP. Online could be PVE.

Secondly, I don't want some other BSG game they will release after 20 years - have bought EFT to support the project and I want EFT to be the game I like to play.

Further, EFT has 2 thing going on and that is "PVP" and basically "Story" - I am here for the story and PVP is just for the memes for me, it doesn't add anything, doesn't make game better and in current state it is just annoying. That said - yes, definitely, 100% playing against PVE would be far more interesting and enjoyable for me. They don't need to be easy, raiders can be added into the every map instead of PMC. AI can be made more sophisticated etc. There are players who are here for PVP and as far as I know they are "annoyed" by having to complete quests... and I understand that as well.

The statement that it would require extra dev or maintenance is total and utter BS. I don't want to insult anyone, but it is just very stupid thing everyone keeps repeating without any justification.

THERE IS ALREADY PVE/OFFLINE mode in the game, no extra dev or maintenance is required. The only difference is that currently it resets once raid is finished, it is just a config - probably 1 line of code. If you worried about economy, then there are simple solutions for that as well e.g. make that items found offline cannot be sold, could only be worn - how that is different from getting gear from SCAV runs? In short if you afraid that this is somehow going to affect your "online head busting and cheater fighting experience" - then you have nothing to worry about - it won't!

Finally, you say somebody raises such topic every day - that is indicative that proportion of community wants it and are not happy with current online experience. That said it seems perfect place to suggest this mode and if there is enough support maybe devs will reconsider.

Edited by afgan_
  • Like 2

tobiassolem

An offline mode, as you describe is not planned. Most of the features of EFT require an online server, with a database. Such is not implemented in the game client (even when you use "offline"-mode in-game, you're actually still connected to the central database). The reason why is that were such a feature available, people would be able to reverse-engineer the server-part of EFT, and start putting up custom servers.

Again, this is not something BSG has intended nor planned.

afgan_
2 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

An offline mode, as you describe is not planned. Most of the features of EFT require an online server, with a database. Such is not implemented in the game client (even when you use "offline"-mode in-game, you're actually still connected to the central database). The reason why is that were such a feature available, people would be able to reverse-engineer the server-part of EFT, and start putting up custom servers.

Again, this is not something BSG has intended nor planned.

I know we have already discussed this, but I see few gaps in your answer.

1. An offline mode is already there - so to say it is not planned is kind of wrong.

2. Yes in offline mode you are still technically online, so offline mode is technically "online PVE". That is even how it is called now

3. People can reverse engineer our server regardless, yes it is harder without having access to host, but at the same time look to many other games online which have so called "private servers". Server source code has never been shares and they run on reverse engineered client. What I am saying here - yes you right, it makes it more difficult and yes this is to combat piracy by requiring to connect to the server in the first place. But nobody is asking here for local instance of the game.

The the suggestion here could be implemented quite simply, by simply not resetting progress after the PVE sesion. Yes I guess to preserve PVP economy some configuration will have to be changed, but that is like changing Flea market to FIR only - in Nikita's own worlds "I can do that now with a press of a button".

In summary, I think it is pointless to discuss how easy or difficult it woudl be to implement (because it is already there). The discussion should be why or why not to implement it.

Niewiarygodny
37 minutes ago, afgan_ said:

THERE IS ALREADY PVE/OFFLINE mode in the game, no extra dev or maintenance is required

Once you say everything is ready, then that some things should be changed/added.
But you really think it would require no "extra" work then, cool, seems we know diffrent things about creating games.

I jsut wonder how much time ppl would play "EFT offline mode" where difficulty of this game would be literally 0 without adding "AI pmc" or other stuff.

39 minutes ago, afgan_ said:

Finally, you say somebody raises such topic every day - that is indicative that proportion of community wants it and are not happy with current online experience.

That means they bought wrong game, they didn't read how EFT gonna look like.
Sory but somehow i don't moan on Fortnite forum that "it has candy graphic", why? Because it is how it is, and they won't change it, it's suppose to have such graphic.

28 minutes ago, afgan_ said:

The discussion should be why or why not to implement it.

Because thats now how BSG wants? 
Thats not their vision?
EFT is meant to be played with and against other players?
Because it would require extra work even if you belive that everything is ready. (to make game "fun" becasue again, i highly doubt that any1 would have fun by playing current EFT with just AI, so ye they would have to change many things, gl getting quest keys, gl getting specific items and farming them etc.)

The thing is that EFT had normal community in the past, who knew what they bought. Sadly once EFT become more and more popular a lot of ppl came (which is good thing) but they didn't know what they bought. Instead accepting what they actually bought they are trying to change game so it fits their needs. What kind of twisted logic is that? If i don't like specific game, i simply don't buy it or don't play it.

I somehow don't play Fortnite and moan that ppl build there really fast, or i don't play Valorant and moan that it looks as "chineese mobile game based on cs" and that they should change it.
Or that LoL should become a racing game. 

TheHappyMile

It may sound stupid, but the freedom of art also means that BSG can simply say - the experience we want our players to have is online against other players, solo and groups. That's why there is no solo-queue. That's why they never planed having anything else but online-progression.

They do not have to make a game to please everyone. They make their game the way they want. And they've always been open about it.

• Upvote 1

afgan_
Posted (edited)

@Niewiarygodny - and here is the issue. When you read MMO in your mind that = PVP. It doesn't say anywhere ever that game has to be exclusively PVP, MMO can equally be PVE, especially the RPG FPS MMO. What I am saying by looking at MMO we both imagine different things, neither of us are right neither are wrong.

AI improvement for SCAVs, Boses and Raiders is already in Development plan and it is constantly being improved. So in some way yes you right - if they just load you with 4 dumb scavs in map then it would be rather boring, BUT that is still better than being loaded into the map with 4 speedhackers.

I am from IT development background and although I do not claim I "know more about game design", the statement that it will required massive new development just doesn't make sense. Fundamental logic and architecture is already there - AI PMC... that is basically raider. Adding simple script for raider to have some basic goals and follow some path - that is not "development", I would even argue it is already mostly there.

That said if PVP would be polished in this game, it would be less of an issue, but currently it is atrocious RNG roulette + cheaters.

In summary - yes if they want entire game mode (or completely different game) then yes it will be big development. Just to allow people play PVE-only that is minimal development if any at all.

Finally, I am not even suggesting to change the game, not for you not for anyone. I am just saying that PVP experience is incompatible with story based experience and simple solution would be to allow people who wants to play story to do just that and the ones who wants PVP do it as well. PVP players as well moans about having to do quests as well, so there is different, but related argument for it.

@TheHappyMile - and who is disagreeing with that? If Nikita come out and say that they have looked into suggestion and they decided this is against their vision of the game... I am fine with that. Yet at the same time I believe cheaters and server crashes were not in their vision, yet they are there.

Edited by afgan_
  • Like 1

Underhook

I feel your pain.  I'm in Australia too and even though I'm in an outer suburb of Melbourne I am frequently kicked.  I'm on telstra cable.  They have a monopoly on services in the area so even though I'm on the top plan my upload speed is around 150k.  My ping to Sydney server is around 20 but the ping bounces constantly in game and goes over 900.  The government keeps saying they want to increase the business in the regions, then they get the cheapest crappiest internet possible.

afgan_
Posted (edited)

I think to add - there is a client side ping and there is a server side ping... and then there is further complexity of ping matching between players and netcode.

From ping side - I have no client side ping... to London server I literally have 1ms.. you know:

7370892640.png

... yet when I am loaded into the game I often see blips were server side pings jumps to 300 or sometimes 7000ms... if I am in fight I would imagine I would be teleporting through half of map from other player perspective. Same happens from the other side, when somebody joins London server via VPN or with generally high ping other people just teleports for me and there are crazy de-syncs. It is not unusually that I run behind the cover and suddenly die 5 second later, or shoot somebody just to see the running away and then I find them dead 10 meters further!

Netcode is even more complex, let's say BSG assumes that ping will be 40ms for each player, this means there will be 80ms difference between each player perspective. This is in theory fine and decent net-code could handle hit regs just fine. However imagine now that this 40ms average is from 12 players and it constantly changes, one can have 1ms, the other can have 300ms for given time. If we see each other and shoot I might be shooting 39ms "ahead" and you will be shooting 260ms "behind" the target.

What I am trying to say - making enjoyable and predictable PVP online is big challenge and I am sure BSG is working on it. However, all that is completely irrelevant and makes no difference for players who are "non-PVP focused". Actually from perspective what is easier to fix - it would be far far easier to introduce PVE/Co-Op mode which works, than it would be fixing PVP and net-code. BTW team Co-Op is planned, so I am not sure where is the big fuzz about " new players changing the game" comes from.

The ask here is simply to enable the progress in PVE, we can already play it anyway.

Edited by afgan_

jimmy_20039
On 6/25/2020 at 8:39 PM, Niewiarygodny said:

I jsut wonder how much time ppl would play "EFT offline mode" where difficulty of this game would be literally 0 without adding "AI pmc" or other stuff.

In my case is just the opposite. If there are no offline progression, then my time spent on this game will be literally 0.

Take other FPS game like Battlefiled for example. I'm more of a single player campaign guy, I bought BF for its single player campaign. But I have some friends who love PvP and will ask me to join them and play some online mode. That's how you bring PvE players online, and how PvE guys might play more PvP. ( And of course bring more noobs online for you to kill ;) )

What you and DEVs should worry about is not how many ppl will go play PvE and don't play PvP, but how many PvE player ( potentially PvP player ) just won't touch EFT in the first place because lacking of single player mode, like how many people passed COD BO4.

Also :

Believe me,  PvE guys are WAY LESS possible to become a cheater because they just don't care about winning or losing in the first place. PvE guys really play games for fun, not for the chills of winning over other humans.
So try to bring more PvE players to the game won't hurt it and might even help improve the online environment.

Edited by jimmy_20039
  • Like 2

Baat
On 6/25/2020 at 2:47 PM, TheHappyMile said:

That's why they never planed having anything else but online-progression.

If i remember correctly, at the beginning there was progression through offline mode, and we were able to sold stuff to merchant,

Game had no Free Market back in the day.

They changed this feature as we have it now, resetting at the end of the raid.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:47 PM, TheHappyMile said:

freedom of art also means that BSG can simply say - the experience we want our players to have is online against other players, solo and groups.

They did already.

I'd like they didn't. For the simple fact multiplayer can be a very ugly frustrating experience now, for beginner and older player, even for poeple playing since the first playable day.

Edited by Baat

Niewiarygodny
57 minutes ago, jimmy_20039 said:

What you and DEVs should worry about is not how many ppl will go play PvE and don't play PvP, but how many PvE player ( potentially PvP player ) just won't touch EFT

Actually this is completly wrong.
They shouldnt focus on "possible PVE players, who may or may not buy EFT if they add other mods which they dont wanna add"
They should focus on ppl for who EFT was designed, which is not PVE players who just wanna kill some scavs which are dumb 

TL:TR - If you are PvE player, and you dont wanna game which is quite focused on PvP, dont buy such games and stop forcing developers who don't wanna make special PvE mode just for you because u want such thing.

BSG does not wanna add PvE mode, deal with it. Somehow i am not creating topics in other game forum and ask for other mods, better realism, less "candy graphic" etc. Why? Because wasnt designed for such person as me.

afgan_
2 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Actually this is completly wrong.

What is your source? The game description says MMO, it does not say it is exclusively PVP or that it is PVP at all, or that it cannot be PVE. It as well says that it is FPS - fine, that is game style, that it is realistic - fine, more of that, that it is hardcore - fine, I love it! However, all of that possible without PVP. Scavs don't have to be dumb... and even as dumb as they are - how many times you have died from Scav or Raider or Boss?

This is just one of possible interpretation of what MMO means, but not automatically correct one. So either you have factual source to prove it or it is just opinions, in which case your is not better than anyone else? Which one it is ?

ShiroTenshi

Hello

As has been stated many many times before, It is not in the DEVs vision or plans to add offline mode, Coop PVE mode or any sort of mode that doesn't involve the threat of other players being able to kill you.

On 6/6/2017 at 8:31 AM, Blackb1rd said:

Coop PVE is unrealistic, this just can't be in real life, and therefore it has no place in EFT.

They have been asked this time and time again, and the answer has remained the same and has even been reiterated in one of this years podcasts. EFT is to remain an online experience. 

Yes, i understand that they can change their minds about this at any point in time. However, IF it happens then they will make an announcement. Until that happens, the current answer we have at this moment is that it will not be added.

Also, please do use the forum search function before creating a new thread. As per the rules, having multiple threads discussing the same issue or topic is not really allowed. If there are no recent open threads discussing the topic, then it is alright to open a new one. However if there are already others that are not locked then please try to keep everything in the same thread.

Kind Regards.

#locked

• Sad 1