BunnyBone

Is it really necessary to increase the difficulty of the game again in version 12.6?

BunnyBone

There are still a lot of cheaters in the Asian region. I don’t think there is any benefit in increasing the difficulty of the game. The difficulty of the game itself is already very high. I believe most players will agree with this. I know that the game official is working hard to fight cheating players. Every day, new cheaters will be banned, but you have to understand that what you are doing now is only a delayed ban. The benefits obtained through cash transactions are sufficient for this group of cheating players to buy an account again. Continue cheating.

In the current version, due to more demanding conditions for finding items in raids, And more experience to upgrade the level. Both the difficulty of completing tasks and the accumulation of wealth have increased a lot.This is something some players are reluctant to see, and it is what some cheaters want to see. More novices will be willing to use the game items sold by cheating players today.

Leaving aside the question of cheaters, I still think that the difficulty of the game does not need to be improved. The time period for the popularity of the EFT game to improve is not at all the current versions, but the easier version. The more correct way of development should be to increase the diversity of the game while maintaining the difficulty, right? 

The difficulty you increase step by step has caused considerable pressure on players. Of course, some players may not care, and even want more difficult games, but this obviously does not include those novice players.Novice players do not have a good method and way to integrate into the game, they will be killed by old players and cheaters when they are familiar with the game.

I found that the number of items required for some difficult tasks has been reduced. I think this is a good thing, but compared to the difficulty of finding items in raids, this difficulty reduction is simply too tiny.

There is a difference between the price of the items found in raids and the price sold to the merchant, and sometimes there will be a very obvious price difference on individual items. Players need to escape raids alive to get most of the mission items and valuable items, but the difficulty of survival has always been very high.

Properly increasing the difficulty and increasing the challenge will indeed increase the fun of the game. I agree with this. I don’t like easy games, but when the difficulty of the game is too high, it happens that the game environment becomes very unfair due to cheaters. At times, this difficulty makes me sick. 

In order to improve the level more effectively, I can only play PMC more, I will die more times, my property will be difficult to improve, or even start to decrease. I wasted my time for this, right?

Probably more players outside the Asian region will disagree with this, because since the ping value limit is stricter, the game environment of European and American servers has obviously become better, but there are still many cheats in the Asian region. Most of the battles in Asian servers will be one tap, but in Russia and the United States I found that this is rarely the case.

Many streamers in Asia share the same view as me. I hope at least not to increase the difficulty of the game until the cheaters have disappeared. At the very least, the mission rewards should be changed back. Why should we replace our SSIC item box with General item box.

• Sad 1

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BunnyBone said:

The difficulty of the game itself is already very high. I believe most players will agree with this

I agree that game difficulty is high already.
But i can't agree that it should be lower, just the opposite, difficulty of Tarkov should be higher than it is now.

Also it's hard to "describe" game difficulty.
Is it fidning and keeping specific items with FiR Status? Then yes, it is harder.
Is it about earning cash? Then it's not. Make 1 good raid where u extract, u just earned 2x more (or more) than in previous patch with same items.

EFT is meant to be hard, thats why it's special, there is no second game which is "that hard". And i would love to see EFT becoming harder and harder, gladly if we can take podcasts as good source of information then it will happen.

Don't get me wrong, by "more difficult" i mean overal difficulty of game, number of mechanics etc. Not that they should increase amount of items require for quest by 1000 and that will make "EFT special and hard", no no, it's completly diffrent thing :D

Edited by Niewiarygodny
  • Upvote 1

skyflashde

They need to severely decrease the difficulty of early game up to level 10.

Tthen decrease the difficulty a bit until level 20.

Then increase the difficulty of the game a bit from 20-30.

Then increase the difficulty again by a lot from level 30-above.

There are lots of solutions for this problem, but none are actually planned.

TensedTatterTot
3 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

I agree that game difficulty is high already.
But i can't agree that it should be lower, just the opposite, difficulty of Tarkov should be higher than it is now.

Also it's hard to "describe" game difficulty.
Is it fidning and keeping specific items with FiR Status? Then yes, it is harder.
Is it about earning cash? Then it's not. Make 1 good raid where u extract, u just earned 2x more (or more) than in previous patch with same items.

EFT is meant to be hard, thats why it's special, there is no second game which is "that hard". And i would love to see EFT becoming harder and harder, gladly if we can take podcasts as good source of information then it will happen.

Don't get me wrong, by "more difficult" i mean overal difficulty of game, number of mechanics etc. Not that they should increase amount of items require for quest by 1000 and that will make "EFT special and hard", no no, it's completly diffrent thing :D

The problem with increasing the difficulty in a game this buggy is you risk alienating a large swathe of your player base. I've died 3 times in 3 raids this morning. Twice to lag in my 3 or 4th PMC fight, once to a bugged out inventory. I've lost the majority of my gear due to this (I have little money). So whats the point in making it harder? Their bad development is adding to the difficulty enough haha

Niewiarygodny
20 minutes ago, TensedTatterTot said:

The problem with increasing the difficulty in a game this buggy is you risk alienating a large swathe of your player base.

Ok and? Then it will attract other players, because it's not as easy as other games.
Lets think why EFT is such a popular game. It's cause of all mechanics, that it's not easy and they should stick to it.

22 minutes ago, TensedTatterTot said:

I've died 3 times in 3 raids this morning. Twice to lag in my 3 or 4th PMC fight, once to a bugged out inventory.

So you didn't die because game is hard, you died cause of other problems. So even if EFT wouldn't have tons of mechanic (which would make EFT much easier) you would still die cause of lag/bug. So making game easier wouldn't help in this case. 

At some point they will fix game (we all hope :P) and there will be no such lags/bugs.

TensedTatterTot
9 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Ok and? Then it will attract other players, because it's not as easy as other games.
Lets think why EFT is such a popular game. It's cause of all mechanics, that it's not easy and they should stick to it.

So you didn't die because game is hard, you died cause of other problems. So even if EFT wouldn't have tons of mechanic (which would make EFT much easier) you would still die cause of lag/bug. So making game easier wouldn't help in this case. 

At some point they will fix game (we all hope :P) and there will be no such lags/bugs.

You're right I died to bugs, but why make the game harder before you have those fixed. By day 5 of a new wipe you have players running high end gear, new players really struggle and you throw the server issues and bugs you will permanently alienate people. I like how hard the game is, but why focus on increasing difficulty when you can increase maps, re-work maps, add weapons and bug fix?

Honestly, I'm concerned the game is in its golden age right now and that its popularity will decrease as people get bored. But we will see.

Niewiarygodny
Just now, TensedTatterTot said:

You're right I died to bugs, but why make the game harder before you have those fixed

I never said that they should do that before fixing game :). 
Are they somehow doing that? Yes. If they suddenly stop doing that (making game harder), will game suddenly be fixed? Not at all. 
I hope that u can see that server related problems will not be fixed if they stop changing i.e. FiR status on items. Graphic designers suddenly won't become an experts in fixing desyncs on servers etc.

3 minutes ago, TensedTatterTot said:

Honestly, I'm concerned the game is in its golden age right now and that its popularity will decrease as people get bored. But we will see.

As in any game, ppl get bored.
How many ppl here scream that they wanna see EFT becoming next DAYZ?
Meanwhile Dayz has avg 15k players. Why? Because ppl got bored.
Valorant hype was huge, amount of viewers on twitch for Apex/Fortnite was huge but it's going down, why? Ppl get bored.

But anyway, i can't really name a game, which i bought and spent as much time as in Tarkov. 
Ok, i am lying, maybe i can call 1 game, it was Skryim but only because of mods :P.

TensedTatterTot
On 6/24/2020 at 12:01 PM, Niewiarygodny said:

I never said that they should do that before fixing game :). 
Are they somehow doing that? Yes. If they suddenly stop doing that (making game harder), will game suddenly be fixed? Not at all. 
I hope that u can see that server related problems will not be fixed if they stop changing i.e. FiR status on items. Graphic designers suddenly won't become an experts in fixing desyncs on servers etc.

As in any game, ppl get bored.
How many ppl here scream that they wanna see EFT becoming next DAYZ?
Meanwhile Dayz has avg 15k players. Why? Because ppl got bored.
Valorant hype was huge, amount of viewers on twitch for Apex/Fortnite was huge but it's going down, why? Ppl get bored.

But anyway, i can't really name a game, which i bought and spent as much time as in Tarkov. 
Ok, i am lying, maybe i can call 1 game, it was Skryim but only because of mods :P.

You're missing my point almost entirely.  I never said server problems would be fixed by fixing other issues. 

My point is that with all of the current issues regarding servers/bugs, that are hindering players, why add changes like the new FIR system to make the game even harder for them? I agree that the game is meant to be and should be hard. But I think BSG are unfortunate in the fact that they have to juggle new content/changes and bugs/issues.

Hopefully they find a nice balance.

Niewiarygodny
2 hours ago, TensedTatterTot said:

My point is that with all of the current issues regarding servers/bugs, that are hindering players, why add changes like the new FIR system to make the game even harder for them

Becasue they wanna see how players/RMT will react to those changes?
Becasue we are "testing game"?
Because they don't wanna waste time?

To keep it simple, in your opinion they shuld wait with such changes till they fix servers/desyncs/other problems.
ANd i am telling you that if they would do that we wouldn't have tons of mechanics in game yet.

Doesn't amtter what kind of problems game has, there are ppl responsible to fix those things, but there are also ppl responsible for new content so let those ppl do what they should do :P.

2 hours ago, TensedTatterTot said:

But I think BSG are unfortunate in the fact that they have to juggle new content/changes and bugs/issues.

Hopefully they find a nice balance.

Again, diffrent ppl do diffrent things. 
Adding piece of content might be much easier than fixing bug which might be connected with few other things.

BanditMaka

Op, how long have you played?
If it isn't that long, then the game probably shouldn't be balanced around you.