Sign in to follow this  
LoneWanderer357

disallowed program running #10

LoneWanderer357
Posted (edited)

Hello, 

I was playing as a SCAV and I recieved this error about 10 seconds into the game, then it kicked me. Where do I find what program causes that? I'm a integration programmer so I have wide array of programs installed.

Here is my process dump: 

https://pastebin.com/NZgZhEAn

The interesting ones are

VMWare workstation 

IBM MQ

IBM Integration BUS

notepad++

all kinds of other crap. This is my development PC and I really don't want to create new Windows partition just because of Battle Eye is paranoid.

I have a history with this. In the days of the older anticheat, it had problems with Citrix (remote desktop utility)

Edited by LoneWanderer357

ThomasMay

In a nutshell: This is unacceptable. At the least, the launcher / client should let the player know they have something offending running so they can disable them before playing. The first warning you get is that you are kicked out. For me, my offending program was Docker Desktop and it launching Hyper-V VM. Yeah, developer here too. :)

There are a couple of threads already about this.

This for example.

• Like 1

LoneWanderer357

It seems virtualization doesnt go well with BattleEye. what is interesting is that it is probably checking for active VMs, because once i suspended them, I rejoined the game and everything runs well. 

This doesnt give me many hopes of running this game once I migrate to hardware virtualization with Unraid. 

ThomasMay

The most problematic thing is the lack of transparency. 

There's no way to know if they are running something disallowed until you are kicked out of the raid.

I think this recent problem was aggravated on June 14th when the update added some VM:s to the disallowed list. Future updates might bring some other software onto the list and yet again, no way to know if you have something "illegal" running.

ContinuitySR

So i have disabled WSL and hyperv,. and removed virtual box, and i was still getting kicked, untill i started killing any of the Radeon and AMD services that are installed by the AMD Radeon drivers for my 5700XT since then i have been dine.

kamikaziking

its not like morons were using VM's to code radars and loot radars, its bad BE and BSG , make a gaming profile on your "developer" PC and you wont have any problems if you try to run on linux dont .

• Sad 1

ThomasMay
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kamikaziking said:

its not like morons were using VM's to code radars and loot radars, its bad BE and BSG , make a gaming profile on your "developer" PC and you wont have any problems if you try to run on linux dont .

Clearly you have this nailed down. Do you think the launcher checking for these programs before you go into a raid is unreasonable?

I had no problem with tarkov until the June update, then out of nowhere with no warning came these random disconnects. Btw: the app doesn’t even tell you what software is violating, it just gives you a number. Being a developer I had an idea what it might be, but that was trial and error to find it out. Normal user couldn’t do this.

Since you clearly think complaining about this is futile can you please let me know how can a player make sure there are no violations when there is no source that tells you what is disallowed and what’s not? The only way might be to make a windows profile just for tarkov and that’s just ridiculous. And even that might not work if there’s something installed for all users.

Edited by ThomasMay

tobiassolem

Please use the search function, and stick to pre-existing threads on this subject. As per the forum rules.

Topic is locked.