Nachtmahr95

Game Crashes at Spawn

Nachtmahr95
Posted (edited)

Everytime I try to start a raid, my game crashes. I'm having this issue since sunday and it seems to appear in every raid. 

I'm rocking amd gpu and cpu. I remember that this happened before, Nvidia users had no issue at all while amd users had bad times.

I already sent in bugreports and wanted to know if any Player has the same issue. 

Don't know if they're working on the fix already, was just curious to know.

The Crash usually happens at the moment where the game is finished "loading loot", or at transition from "awaiting for session start" to the actual spawn.

Edited by Nachtmahr95

Snipes1818

im having the same problem....i bought the edge of darkness edition and i cant even play the game....my FPS is rocking like a solid 5 i cant move and when i try to do something it crashes....im running the lowest settings i tried changing aspect ratio and everything and im running a nvida gtx 1050 ti....i honestly dont know what to do anymore

Westnlyguard
Posted (edited)

I'm having a similar issue. The game crashes as I'm loading in and even crashed my discord. This is the error I'm getting.

image.png.c1ae42ba8ef6dc55aa0fae663e611ff8.png

Edited by Westnlyguard

tweediebrd

@westnlyguard Just so you know, that isn't a specific error message, that is the message that appears anytime the game is closed in any unconventional way rather than pressing the "Exit" button. i.e. Alt + F4, game crash, End Task, etc. 

Nachtmahr95

Are you guys Rocking a AMD system too? as my guess is that some changes were made in the postfx fix last week, which maybe caused the error. 

I was always playing on Hgh graphic settings and didn't had these issues before.

also checked if maybe my gpu is broken or something else, but games like Fallout 4 are still running perfectly fine, so it seems like its not a hardware problem.

Nachtmahr95

@snipes

How much ram do you have? some maps like shoreline and reserve are draining alot of Ram. For Shoreline this was always the case as I remember (been playing for 2 years). If you have 16GB you should be totally fine. 

Check on general settings if you have checked the box "only use physical cores only", if not, check it as multi-threads aren't optimized at all.

If ram and settings are fine, try upping your graphics. I'm playing on high since for me it runs smoother on higher settings as the optimization of lower graphics is bad and can drain more fps than high settings, saw that on one of veritas' streams in the past.

If that doesn't help either I'm kinda clueless.

Close all background programs except for discord maybe if you need for squad-play

My assumption was that it was a AMD-specific error with the crashing when loading finishes, but since you have severe problems atm too I'm kinda surprised. 

• Upvote 1

Nachtmahr95

OK i finally found out what caused my problems... 

It was Avast Antivirus related, the programms cpu usage oscillated between 15-90% randomly every few seconds, it slowed down my whole system drastically the last 2 days and almost left my pc unfunctional. on Dekstop contextmenus weren't working, uninstall was unavailable, systemrecovery froze and at the last restart i could finally access the damn programm and delete it.

Now the game just runs smoothly again.