Sign in to follow this  
ItzBrenden

adverse effects from being shot ( AKA Knockback )

ItzBrenden

Hey Team,

I've been playing for awhile now and had a suggestion when it comes to combat. Personally, I feel as if the current state of gunfights is unrealistic & seems like a typical meta style of gameplay.  When players hit each other and do not die, it feels as if two stone pillars are exchanging fire. I feel as if knockback from bullet damage to at least unsteady aim or throw you of target would be realistic. There are tons of times where I or the other combatant are exchanging fire and it is just a battle of armor and shot placement. Right now it feels as if Center mass shots are utterly pointless as there is no incentive to even aim for it when in reality center mass shots at the very least would throw your aim pretty off.

There's countless times where some one will be dumping a pistol mag into some one's torso / neck area and the person just does a left to right sprint then just quicks copes them with a Mosin. Just feels really unrealistic and Call of Duty esque. 

Just a suggestion to maybe make it useful for smaller caliber weapons or well placed center mass shots to matter.

Thanks! 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Rekonsile
23 minutes ago, ItzBrenden said:

Hey Team,

I've been playing for awhile now and had a suggestion when it comes to combat. Personally, I feel as if the current state of gunfights is unrealistic & seems like a typical meta style of gameplay.  When players hit each other and do not die, it feels as if two stone pillars are exchanging fire. I feel as if knockback from bullet damage to at least unsteady aim or throw you of target would be realistic. There are tons of times where I or the other combatant are exchanging fire and it is just a battle of armor and shot placement. Right now it feels as if Center mass shots are utterly pointless as there is no incentive to even aim for it when in reality center mass shots at the very least would throw your aim pretty off.

There's countless times where some one will be dumping a pistol mag into some one's torso / neck area and the person just does a left to right sprint then just quicks copes them with a Mosin. Just feels really unrealistic and Call of Duty esque. 

Just a suggestion to maybe make it useful for smaller caliber weapons or well placed center mass shots to matter.

Thanks! 🙂

there is flinch in the game you just dont really notice it 

• Sad 1

Xeraphas

The flinch really is in game and it does not need to be stronger it can easily make you miss a shot.

• Sad 1

afgan_

Exactly the point being raised by me in several threads (about painkillers, about aiming after running). Yes there is a flinch, but only if you not on painkillers - however painkillers meta is that everyone gets some slippy dose of vaseline in their ass before the fight and becomes literally superhuman terminators who does not feel any pain, blacked out or broken limbs, bleeding or anything at all and just runs into the bullers until they die or kill.

Now IRL if you get hit into the hand, it is not going to be "little flinch" - you won't be able to shoot at all. If you get hit into the weapon it would as well most likely going to malfunction immediately (there are some exceptions). Yes such realistic mechanics would break the game - but at very least flinch should be like 45 degree left and up... and hit to the weapon should require you to "clear malfunction". Obviously, in real-life one would not be able to "clear" hole through the receiver or bent barrel with the hole in the middle of it, but to keep it playable there could be animation of "failure to extract/feed" being cleared by pressing reload.

It is true that IRL sometimes there is delay before one feels pain and adrenalin kick can mask some minor injuries .. like very small caliber bullets or fragments... but if one gets hit by rifle ammo their fight ends right there and instantly. True - depending on how lucky they are they may got hit to armour plate which protects them from dying and they may be able to continue fighting 10-15s later after getting back from shock and getting grip with the pain.

In summary, the implementation of Pain (and effect of painkillers) and stopping power of weapons is currently very unrealistic. This could be further split in lack of distinction between "incapacitated" and "dead". EFT has far to quick TTK (death) but far too slow time to incapacitate. I understand that implementation of such mechanics would require a lot of work, but IRL one can be incapacitated from single shot or 2 - the ultimate death may not occur for several minutes or hours or they may even survive with right treatment.

As for simplified and more short terms solution I feel like the 2 steps would be sufficient:

1. to increase flinch:

• in cases where hands or weapon are hit - sudden 45deg flinch and hands stamina should go to 0.
  • armour protection zone for the hand should not extend past elbow.
  • hitting leg or stomach should result in stumble (obvious affecting aim quite a bit).. similar to flinch but sort of slower and overall stamina should go to max and then to 0 after 5s. The delay is due to natural reaction of human to run for some time before succumbing to the pain + it would be game breaking otherwise (hit one and then you can finish because one would be instantaneously stuck).
  • the tiny flich we have now is probably fine for shots to chest and upper arm/shoulder where bullet fails to penetrate, but it should result in stumble (same as stomach) if penetrated.

2. make weapons to malfunction once weapon is hit requiring 5s to clear malfunction.

This would fix multiple stupid, unrealistic and abusive game tactics, would add balance to painkillers and would make certain gear properly utilised e.g. 

• baiting tactics (just ridiculous) nobody in real life puts themself in the line of fire to bait bullets from somebody in the other end of hallway. For such thing there are "blind fire" or "cover fire".
  • painkillers before the fight meta would be balanced out - I still agree that painkillers have their place allowing one to get to exfil after surviving the fight, but it should not be used as stimulant allowing you to completely ignore the pain.
  • blindfire options would be better utilised , currently this is more for "memes" rather than often employed tactics.
  • pre-fire would be more important as well as extra care when clearing rooms
  • reaction time would actually become more important (rather than just having best armour and buying yourself time)
  • secondary weapon would become useful, currently rarely anyone uses secondary weapon as back-up. I only ever take pistol when with bolt action and even then more to protect from scavs who may spawn on my head.
  • Upvote 1