ACuddlyBadger

Tarkov is not a survival game

ACuddlyBadger

Looted every building in Village on Shoreline, didn't find a single ducking water bottle or juicebox. Promptly died because of the stupid ass pain and tremor effect applied when you are dehydrated. 

Wolfsb4ne

Escape from Tarkov is a realistic Tactical Shooter RPG with survival aspect!

And what you learned? ...from now always bring something to eat and drink when you go on maps like Shoreline or Woods...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

skyflashde
vor 54 Minuten schrieb ACuddlyBadger:

Looted every building in Village on Shoreline, didn't find a single ducking water bottle or juicebox. Promptly died because of the stupid ass pain and tremor effect applied when you are dehydrated. 

What?

You died because you didnt properly handle the survival aspect and then you say that "Tarkov is not a survival game"?

Can you explain what you are talking about?

How does your post make ANY sense?

ACuddlyBadger
41 minutes ago, Wolfsb4ne said:

Escape from Tarkov is a realistic Tactical Shooter RPG with survival aspect!

And what you learned? ...from now always bring something to eat and drink when you go on maps like Shoreline or Woods...

Where is the RPG aspect moron? Traders don't count, they are superficial husks. Metro is more of an RPG than Tarkov is with its karma system. 

Tarkov isn't a survival game when it comes to PvE. they are completely tacked on mechanics that aren't flushed out. Scavenging is only viable for survival when you scavenge player corpses, otherwise you would be hard pressed to find half a liter of water in half a dozen houses. The long dark is a far simpler game yet it does survival so much better. I can't even fill an aquamari bottle despite the fact that it has a filter in it. In real life I can drink out out of a pond with a Sawyer filter. I can open a toilet tank or a water heater.

Its not mad max, water should be possible to loot beyond goshan. 

Xeraphas
2 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Welcome to tarkov besides the thirst and hunger you should also watch out for the bleeding.

Wolfsb4ne
1 hour ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Where is the RPG aspect moron? Traders don't count, they are superficial husks. Metro is more of an RPG than Tarkov is with its karma system. 

Tarkov isn't a survival game when it comes to PvE. they are completely tacked on mechanics that aren't flushed out. Scavenging is only viable for survival when you scavenge player corpses, otherwise you would be hard pressed to find half a liter of water in half a dozen houses. The long dark is a far simpler game yet it does survival so much better. I can't even fill an aquamari bottle despite the fact that it has a filter in it. In real life I can drink out out of a pond with a Sawyer filter. I can open a toilet tank or a water heater.

Its not mad max, water should be possible to loot beyond goshan. 

he mate, I'm not the moron that just died because he didn't drink or eat... In an no survival game...! And then complain on the forum about it!

• Upvote 1

Majlo
1 hour ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Where is the RPG aspect moron?

The RPG aspects would be all the tasks, trader interactions, and skills/weapon mastery.

More RPG aspects will be added in the future such as karma/reputation and story quests.

behi09ma

lol. another complaining thread due to dying to something. whenever i read these kinds of topics always it makes me laugh so hard.  you guys are funny, thanks for the enjoyment 

ACuddlyBadger
11 hours ago, Majlo said:

The RPG aspects would be all the tasks, trader interactions, and skills/weapon mastery.

More RPG aspects will be added in the future such as karma/reputation and story quests.

Majlo, its not an RPG because...

Spoiler

you aren't really playing a role, none of the choices have any real impact on the game. Leveling skills and weapon mastery is a tacked on mechanic because you aren't specializing your character for a specific role at the expense of others, you are just straight up improving it across the board. You can have it all in Tarkov skill wise. Being a walking tank that has loads of strength and endurance won't penalize your ability to be a ninja. Being desensitized to combat because you play like a walking tank won't decrease your ability to take advantage of adrenaline. Being a junkie won't limit or open gameplay options. An RPG needs to have choices that matter.

12 hours ago, Wolfsb4ne said:

he mate, I'm not the moron that just died because he didn't drink or eat... In an no survival game...! And then complain on the forum about it!

If its a survival game, where are the scavenging mechanics to get food or water? You are telling me its normal to dehydrate in a survival game where the sky is constantly grey and rainy when I'm in the middle of a town? Where is poisoning, disease, or addiction? What about being cold and wet from the rain? What kind of survival game doesn't allow you to carry a water filter or water purification tablets to drink water from a rainwater reservoir? Have you ever even played a survival game that isn't just shoot and loot? The food and water meters really don't add much to gameplay, the game is still just aggressively shoot and loot.

• Like 1

HALLAH
7 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Reveal hidden contents

you aren't really playing a role, none of the choices have any real impact on the game. Leveling skills and weapon mastery is a tacked on mechanic because you aren't specializing your character for a specific role at the expense of others, you are just straight up improving it across the board. You can have it all in Tarkov skill wise. Being a walking tank that has loads of strength and endurance won't penalize your ability to be a ninja. Being desensitized to combat because you play like a walking tank won't decrease your ability to take advantage of adrenaline. Being a junkie won't limit or open gameplay options. An RPG needs to have choices that matter.

If its a survival game, where are the scavenging mechanics to get food or water? You are telling me its normal to dehydrate in a survival game where the sky is constantly grey and rainy when I'm in the middle of a town? Where is poisoning, disease, or addiction? What about being cold and wet from the rain? What kind of survival game doesn't allow you to carry a water filter or water purification tablets to drink water from a rainwater reservoir? Have you ever even played a survival game that isn't just shoot and loot? The food and water meters really don't add much to gameplay, the game is still just aggressively shoot and loot.

So what do you want to be able to do? Take out a bowl and wait in the rain while it collects? Maybe set up a picnic while you boil water from the river then complain when other players spot you and massacre you? You didn't prepare extra food and water, so you died. This is a military simulator. Not animal crossing. 

Man-of-Mass

Tarkov is not a survival game, its a hacker game. Devs are letting hackers run rampant.

Edited by Swagatron

ACuddlyBadger
11 minutes ago, HALLAH said:

So what do you want to be able to do? Take out a bowl and wait in the rain while it collects? Maybe set up a picnic while you boil water from the river then complain when other players spot you and massacre you? You didn't prepare extra food and water, so you died. This is a military simulator. Not animal crossing. 

You ever heard of something called SERE school? Survival is a skill taught to frontline soldiers. Ways of having fire without smoke is taught to soldiers. They teach soldiers basic knots and different type of ridgeline shelters. They are taught leave no trace. Its not hard to make an Aquamari filter bottle refillable. Its not hard to have water purification tablets that work. Its not hard to allow drinking from water heaters and toilet tanks. 

HALLAH
2 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

You ever heard of something called SERE school? Survival is a skill taught to frontline soldiers. Ways of having fire without smoke is taught to soldiers. They teach soldiers basic knots and different type of ridgeline shelters. They are taught leave no trace. Its not hard to make an Aquamari filter bottle refillable. Its not hard to have water purification tablets that work. Its not hard to allow drinking from water heaters and toilet tanks. 

I'm pretty sure the devs are focused on fixing other components of the game right now (hackers, game optimization and new releases of the zones etc etc) but I can understand where you're coming from. In fact there are features that have not been released but you can see hints of it in game (chem addiction, susceptibility to poison). 

Your best bet right now is to just bring extra rations. 

ACuddlyBadger
1 minute ago, HALLAH said:

I'm pretty sure the devs are focused on fixing other components of the game right now (hackers, game optimization and new releases of the zones etc etc) but I can understand where you're coming from. In fact there are features that have not been released but you can see hints of it in game (chem addiction, susceptibility to poison). 

Your best bet right now is to just bring extra rations. 

I know, I was really tilted losing my whole kit because I couldn't find a lick of water through 20 minutes of scouring nearly a dozen houses and a convenience store. 

RemedySeven
35 minutes ago, Swagatron said:

Tarkov is not a survival game, its a hacker game. Devs are letting hackers run rampant.

Then why are you even commenting? go troll some other forum

• Like 1

HALLAH
2 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

I know, I was really tilted losing my whole kit because I couldn't find a lick of water through 20 minutes of scouring nearly a dozen houses and a convenience store. 

I'd say a vast majority of people who's played this has had this happen. I've entered rounds geared to the teeth (we're talking at least 6-700k worth of equipment) only to die because I had my stomach blown out and forgot to bring liquids. 

In fact, when I bought this game, i walked from one side of the woods to the other (literally walked), because my leg got destroyed and i didn't have any splints. Eventually died from hunger.

Majlo
14 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Never did I claim the game was an RPG, only that the game has RPG aspects.

tobiassolem
16 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Hide contents

But you ARE indeed playing a role. You are playing the role of a private soldier who once was contracted alongside his private military organization go in and perform tasks on behalf for Terragroup (USEC) or against (BEAR) in the fictional Norvinsk-zone, specifically in the surroundings of fictional city, Tarkov - all set in the Russia 2028-context.

But you have long since lost contact with your command and are left to fend for yourself.

That's the basics of the backstory and the role you play.

What defines an RPG?

"A role-playing game (RPG) is a genre of video game where the gamer controls a fictional character (or characters) that undertakes a quest in an imaginary world. " - techopedia.com (definitions)

To claim that the choices lack "real impact on the game" is also a bit of a weird critique. How does this differ from, for example World of Warcraft? What actual impact can you actually make there? Or any multiplayer RPG for that matter? While there are some of these where you can "take over terrain", that's a weak criteria and comparison. You are essentially saying that a multiplayer game cannot be an RPG, because every choice you make lack permanence.

Choices that matter eludes nearly all multiplayer games to be honest (save for perhaps EVE-Online, and one or two other titles).

EFT definitely is an RPG, its just not the DOMINANT part of the game, each player has THEIR stories of encounters, and progression throughout the game. And that's even without the main story elements.

Even most single-player RPG's are extremely linear, where you mostly make superficial choices that lead you to the same conclusion. Take a praised (rightfully so) title such as ZA/UM's Disco Elysium for example. There are great many paths you can take, but in the end - you don't make any "lasting impact" and your choices lead you to the same conclusion. Even the most choice-bound RPG's put you in one out of perhaps 3-5 "endings".

• Upvote 1