IMerlinI

Is this working as intendend?

IMerlinI
Posted (edited)

So before you start harrasing me about this notorious topic - SCAVS, know that I don't think they should take 4 mosin bullets to the chest without armor, before dying and then 1 tapping you from ridicilous ranges with god aim.

So I went in with a mosin, that's packing LPS GHZ rounds, I come across 2 scavs. I start shooting them, they just wont die, I counted 4 confirmed hits to the chest before he died. I went to loot him and he had no armor/helmet/armored rig.

My question is, is this supposed to be like this? I don't think that when people say that LPS one taps thorugh armor, that it would require 4 shots for a unarmored scav??

Unless their bodies are made of Stalinium in which case I am sorry for even bothering.

Fix this, this is not normal, also scavs one tapping you behind boxes and seeing you at 100m. Another thing is the supposed scavs hunting hatchlings... if you say that this game is hard and realistic then I don't see how an enemy will legit come running at you in packs of 2-3 scavs and then just shooting you in the head without any chance for you to kill them.

Edited by IMerlinI

chrisragnar

I think you can over pen. So high pen ammo is worse against no armor. Plus you probably missed a few of your shots tbh..

IMerlinI
Just now, chrisragnar said:

I think you can over pen. So high pen ammo is worse against no armor. Plus you probably missed a few of your shots tbh..

No, I didn't I saw the bastard flinch when I shot him also blood splattered.

Saws_n_Sins

Most likely de-sync, on your end you're seeing your shots hit and with blood and scav flinch and all but on server end you didn't hit him at all. This also effect PvP

Humb01dt

From what I've noticed... everyone is correct so far... over pen doesn't do much damage... de-sync is very real (even with a good wired connection)... and scavs seem to be taking more shots to kill with various weapons and ammo unless it's a head shot... unfortunately with all the "balancing" it has created a very unbalanced situation... 

Thormato

4 Hits to limbs is also not deadly

afgan_

I recently had issues killing SCAV with AP-20 whilst it kills PMCs almost instantly, so I would imagine LPS Gzh could have same issue even if they are not considered AP rounds. That said AP-20 has over 150 DMG and it is little bit ridiculous, that they don't kill SCAVs 1 hit.

Not sure how to explain it - maybe there is some bug with damage calculation when very high damage round hits naked chest without first impacting the armour.