leontech111

The direction of the game towards a more survival, RAT-like style is a bad turn.

leontech111

I will try to sum this up very shortly. 

I think with the last changes the game is taking an approach which fucks with the core fun elements of the game, which are the shooting mechanics. If the direction of the game would allow every single player to play it the way the wish, like last wipe, and focus on the root issues such as tick-rates, cheaters,optimization and new content, this game would really shine but i'm afraid due to the new influx of new (noobier people-some of them my friends who share the same views) the game is going to take a more restrictive approach and duck with the chad life. For me personally flea market changes are the absolute worst. I was playing a lot on the flea market and that element for me and a lot of high roller labs and such were so fun. We had our own spreadsheets, we'd play the market and loved it...now gone. Second of all the focus on survival and questing is such a freaking bore!!! the current quests are just plain bland,stupid and boring - and not hard as I maxed my traders fairly easy and without any issues whatsoever. Going for kappa is a goal, but not for me, as i am not a completion(might do killa 100 times due to the nature of the quest involving killing and giving me the liberty to do it how i want it - not with a tremor while flashbanged while being dehydrated - thx jaeger. and the fact that people- loads are calling in for the game to be focused on questing...survival instead of the pvp aspect is just UGHH. it's killing me. All the changes this wipe have fundamentally fucked with my play-style. I still have managed to max hideout, vendors unders 30 days since wipe but it was such a boring chore - it was not hard - but just plain boring - especially since there was 0 content whatsoever but restrictions over restrictions..I understand it is a beta, and this is the reason i am on the forums. Please don't ignore people that enjoy mostly the PVP aspect of this game. I don't give a rats ass about looting a hidden stash in some obscure place of the map. I want to kill. I want to be able to get rich on flea market. I want to be able to run tier 6 and kill shitters - not saying i can't this wipe, as I can still amass wealth trough hide-out and since i'm getting better and better at PVP my loot is more consistent...but man this FIR status thingy has fucked the meta...at least last wipe if you were a RAT type player, you'd get a graphics card in your ass and then you'd ease up and open up to fights....now......everyone is just running for extracts if they loot. try playing reserve, everyone going there is with one goal and that is to loot and mostly avoid fights and only contest when shot at. Customs/labs/factory are the last bastions of hope for my way of playing the game but one of them labs, is fucked due to hackers, customs is getting re-worked and might be getting opened up and if the player size won't increase to match the new map, that will be poo since there won't be as much pvp...and now factory which has 5 players instead of 6!!!!! now literally 5 mans can go there and farm scavs afk...wtf is that beta poo for a change?! ugh sorry to rant but I want to be encouraged to PVP not discouraged. I feel like the latest changes achieve the opposite. Let's not even bring up the upcoming or whatever tf karma system which in my book is the most absolute dog-poo concept ever. I will be sure to eat everyone alive with/without. with 0 disregards to the bad karma shortcomings as i'm sure i will be able to cheese/overcome. I really wish that damn arena gets added so I can pour my anger towards other similar minded fellows. 

Thanks. Sorry for ranting. Open to critique and bullying so go ahead :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

cpltrout

It was sold as a realistic survival game and thats what the silent majority of players expect to get. We remain silent because we paid for a hardcore realistic survival game and dont feel the need to sit in the forum pointing out to every cod kid that this isnt the game for them. In fact it seems like the flee market is on its way out as well as being able to buy most things from the traders. In the future i would expect most items to be found in raid barters or crafted. So if that dosnt sound like fun to you you might want to go look for another game or learn to love the struggle. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

behi09ma

ok i start first :D

first of all let me tell you that, the way you were getting rich through flea market, was one of the ways that those RMTs out there with cheaters were getting rich too. so if you don't want cheaters in your game you better accept that the change to flea market was the best thing. also FIR status is the best thing they added to the game imo. which will make hatchet runner's life harder and now you can buy bullets and things from traders. cause RMTs and people like you can't make the items out of stock anymore.

about the quests, they are all or most of them side quests and they will change in the future. now they are here just to give people some goals in raid.

this is a survival game and the biggest factor should be surviving from the raids and in my opinion going recklessly inside a firefight is stupid (cod playstyle), you should value your life when you are inside a raid and your first priority should be not dying. this doesn't mean you can't play chad style that you mentioned but these changes will make you consider should you go full in or fight tactically.

i said this so many times in this forum, saying it again, hope they block that secure container in raids so you can't hide your looted items in that, the only use for that should be utility and nothing more.

• Like 1

GeneralBrus

1 shot kills, camping, setting up traps, hunting down your enemy, terrifying firefights or in other words - a true realistic battle.

for all ppl here saying pure realism isnt fun, playing the rat is boring let me say this:

there is nothing more intense, more terrifying, and no bigger competition then WAR. If we could only remove the "death" aspect from WAR, then war would actually be the ultimate competition -  the ultimate sport.

so realistic video games are my passion, 

If this isn't for you, just play something else, there are a lot of good shooters out there.

However , if BSG decides to turn this game into a arcade shooter, then i would still be kinda fine with that, because its not my game and BSG has already created something so great, that i would be happy for ppl like you. 

in fact, that here is the main reason why there are sooo many ppl yelling and crying about so many things.

Tarkov has so many impressive and great mechanics, is super beautiful, has soooo cool weapon modeling and modding - or in other words: Tarkov has the side features we were all dreaming of, and because of that every one wants this to match their own view what the core gameplay should be.

fast time to kill?- slow time to kill?

fast movement speed?- slow movement speed?

wipes?- no wipes?

end game gear only found in raid and rare?- u can buy everything?

i have my own point of view and so does everyone, so in the end i really hope BSG creates the game they want to create, because everything else would be selfish.

Edited by GeneralBrus
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Heisoverthere

Learn to use ENTER and . 

Wont read that wall of blob

• Like 4

WarTraveller
7 hours ago, leontech111 said:

I will try to sum this up very shortly. 

I think with the last changes the game is taking an approach which fucks with the core fun elements of the game, which are the shooting mechanics. If the direction of the game would allow every single player to play it the way the wish, like last wipe, and focus on the root issues such as tick-rates, cheaters,optimization and new content, this game would really shine but i'm afraid due to the new influx of new (noobier people-some of them my friends who share the same views) the game is going to take a more restrictive approach and duck with the chad life. For me personally flea market changes are the absolute worst. I was playing a lot on the flea market and that element for me and a lot of high roller labs and such were so fun. We had our own spreadsheets, we'd play the market and loved it...now gone. Second of all the focus on survival and questing is such a freaking bore!!! the current quests are just plain bland,stupid and boring - and not hard as I maxed my traders fairly easy and without any issues whatsoever. Going for kappa is a goal, but not for me, as i am not a completion(might do killa 100 times due to the nature of the quest involving killing and giving me the liberty to do it how i want it - not with a tremor while flashbanged while being dehydrated - thx jaeger. and the fact that people- loads are calling in for the game to be focused on questing...survival instead of the pvp aspect is just UGHH. it's killing me. All the changes this wipe have fundamentally fucked with my play-style. I still have managed to max hideout, vendors unders 30 days since wipe but it was such a boring chore - it was not hard - but just plain boring - especially since there was 0 content whatsoever but restrictions over restrictions..I understand it is a beta, and this is the reason i am on the forums. Please don't ignore people that enjoy mostly the PVP aspect of this game. I don't give a rats ass about looting a hidden stash in some obscure place of the map. I want to kill. I want to be able to get rich on flea market. I want to be able to run tier 6 and kill shitters - not saying i can't this wipe, as I can still amass wealth trough hide-out and since i'm getting better and better at PVP my loot is more consistent...but man this FIR status thingy has fucked the meta...at least last wipe if you were a RAT type player, you'd get a graphics card in your ass and then you'd ease up and open up to fights....now......everyone is just running for extracts if they loot. try playing reserve, everyone going there is with one goal and that is to loot and mostly avoid fights and only contest when shot at. Customs/labs/factory are the last bastions of hope for my way of playing the game but one of them labs, is fucked due to hackers, customs is getting re-worked and might be getting opened up and if the player size won't increase to match the new map, that will be poo since there won't be as much pvp...and now factory which has 5 players instead of 6!!!!! now literally 5 mans can go there and farm scavs afk...wtf is that beta poo for a change?! ugh sorry to rant but I want to be encouraged to PVP not discouraged. I feel like the latest changes achieve the opposite. Let's not even bring up the upcoming or whatever tf karma system which in my book is the most absolute dog-poo concept ever. I will be sure to eat everyone alive with/without. with 0 disregards to the bad karma shortcomings as i'm sure i will be able to cheese/overcome. I really wish that damn arena gets added so I can pour my anger towards other similar minded fellows. 

Thanks. Sorry for ranting. Open to critique and bullying so go ahead :D

I would preface this by saying this was extra painful to read... 

Moving on - my biggest gripe with the game at the moment, is that it is turning into a clunky battle royale, with CoD mentality, trying to pretend it is a "hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator", where the goal is to sprint headlong into the enemy, and tactically magdump while ADADADAD-ing in order to dodge the return fire, while suffering no no inertia, and no aimpunch. Some people claim this is hardcore realism, but some people had also eaten paint as kids, so what do I know.

I will concede, however, that the FiR changes were poorly thought-out, and simply added yet another level of artificial mechanics, without actually fixing all that much.

All-in-all, I think the game needs more emphasis on survival, positioning and smart movement - a.k.a.  more "ratlike" qualities. This would make PVP more meaningful and tense as well, and would be in line with what the game was presumably supposed to be.

Edited by WarTraveller
  • Like 1

skyflashde

I agree that restricting the secure container in the way they did and devalueing the items you get when you die was a very stupid move from BSG.

Because you are right, if looting is all there is to this game (and thats the current state) then people will play completely risk averse after they have looted something they cannot save in the secure.

I know, because I do exactly the same. If I have looted ANYTHING of value, I will instantly leave the map.

Because it currently makes much more sense to leave with your 1 quest item at minute 40 and just instantly queue for the next raid than losing your quest item and waiting for 100 raids to find another one (like the FiR USB stick for example).

But thats about all I agree with... this game is NOT about PvP, and never should be.

Salted1337

My main gripe with the current state of the game is that, at the end of the day it is a looter shooter. Why should I be punished for looting when I dropped juiced up boys. I want all of their poo because that's how I get the feeling of being rewarded. Why is it that the current game is a high risk low reward gameplay? It doesn't make sense to me. Sure, you can use the "mUh ReAlIsM" argument but at the end of the day, realistic gameplay doesn't equal to fun and exciting gameplay. On one hand, this game is not realistic at all. "My legs got shredded by buckshot? No worries, I'll CMS and run to extract". However, in any case, any counter argument made against the realism bunch their response will be: "Go back to CoD. This game isn't for you". In my honest opinion, dismissing people's valid arguments like that leads to a very unhealthy playerbase. 0.12 was the best wipe by miles.

Anyway, most of the arguments that are posted here on this forum or on Reddit is people that post up geniuenly facepalm material. Very low skilled or new people playing this game though that I would argue that there are many mechanics in this game that create those situations. Weapon sway, slow ads speed, misaligned sights, poor FPS, poor ergo and so on. This game is pretty much designed to get rid of Shroud skill from the game as much as possible. It's what gives many of these realism kids their safe space to make their arguments from.

3 hours ago, skyflashde said:

But thats about all I agree with... this game is NOT about PvP, and never should be.

Lol. Did you even stop and think before posting that?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

skyflashde
vor 59 Minuten schrieb Salted1337:

Lol. Did you even stop and think before posting that?

Obviously. But I guess you didnt stop and think and thats why you wrote that post of yours.

So how about.. you stop and think about it?

Hamm

For people saying i hope they create the game how they want...If you stop and think about it, if majority of people want to PVP instead of role playing like its real life, what happens when majority people leave and you have to wait 20 mins to find players to match which prolly wouldnt be the case but im just throwing out a number. Are you really going to have fun just playing against scavs being forced to roleplay ? wheres the thrill in that? I play this game for PvP, i think you should be able to buy whatever gun/armor you want cause at the end of the day, youre spending your time to level up in a virtual game so you can use the best things. So if it becomes barter only, you are only going to see streamers and people with no jobs who play 24/7 and can collect the items to barter with /FiR while people who dont will be even more rat like. When i first started playing the game 2 years ago, it was a blast, me and my friend would be up all night getting into amazing gun fights. But then they did a complete 180 and are trying to slow the game down as much as possible. i said it once ill say it again, its a shame they dont care about what the community/majority players are asking for instead they listen to streamers. Iv never seen a dev team say we dont want a large player base, we want a small "niche" community. mind boggling 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

GoetterJaegerTV

I like(d) that EFT is not just a shooter.

If you don't have great aim (like me) you could still make a living in the game by buying cheap from traders and selling for profit on flea market. Go in a raid with a hatchet, grab a few items and sell them to make money, no matter if you got out alive or not.

I understand that the FIR status has a point to avoid hatchlings that spawn close to marked rooms, to grab the good stuff and then vanish, but how many items spawn in the marked room that fit in the pouch?

I do like the growth of craftables, another way for bad aimers to make money.

Question is, at the end is EFT supposed to be a FPS, RPG, or a Survival game?

I thought of it as an RPG (given the hideout, skills, flea market), and that is what I like(d) about it.

Salted1337
Just now, GoetterJaeger said:

I like(d) that EFT is not just a shooter.

If you don't have great aim (like me) you could still make a living in the game by buying cheap from traders and selling for profit on flea market. Go in a raid with a hatchet, grab a few items and sell them to make money, no matter if you got out alive or not.

I understand that the FIR status has a point to avoid hatchlings that spawn close to marked rooms, to grab the good stuff and then vanish, but how many items spawn in the marked room that fit in the pouch?

I do like the growth of craftables, another way for bad aimers to make money.

Question is, at the end is EFT supposed to be a FPS, RPG, or a Survival game?

I thought of it as an RPG (given the hideout, skills, flea market), and that is what I like(d) about it.

EFT itself doesn't know what it wants to be.

ShiroTenshi
5 minutes ago, Salted1337 said:

EFT itself doesn't know what it wants to be.

Correction:

The DEVs know what they want to make EFT into. They have a vision and end goal. If they stick to it or change it along the way remains to be seen, but they do know what the end goal is and have known since before 2016.

But it's understandable that new players may not have read up on the game misunderstand thinking there's no plan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

skyflashde
vor 15 Minuten schrieb ShiroTenshi:

But it's understandable that new players may not have read up on the game misunderstand thinking there's no plan.

It doesn't really matter if there is a plan or there was a plan, because the devs don't follow the plan, they just do things that just suddenly pop into their brains.

Nikita said it many times during podcasts and even in the last podcast. They just do things. Without thinking. I just say THICC case.

So yeah, maybe there used to be a plan, but it died years ago and was replaced with CHAOS.

ShiroTenshi

1 hour ago, skyflashde said:

So yeah, maybe there used to be a plan, but it died years ago and was replaced with CHAOS.

Not really. There's a start and an end. How you get there is up to you. Same for the DEVs. As long as the end is the same, they are free to change things as they want in the meantime to see how it affects the game, and in turn see if it gets them any closer to the end goal.

GhostZ69
1 hour ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Correction:

The DEVs know what they want to make EFT into. They have a vision and end goal. If they stick to it or change it along the way remains to be seen, but they do know what the end goal is and have known since before 2016.

I have followed the game for over 4 years.  I have played for almost 3.  The Devs are NOT making any great strides in delivering what I bought.  In fact it keeps straying further and further and further from what I was sold. 

They brought in weight and inertia ( that should have been in the EARLY ALPHA AND NEVER REMOVED) and then basically nerfed it so bad it does not really exist any way.  The medical animations and time to cast are a joke.  

You can still jump off the third floor of the resort, break both legs, then pop a 200 mg Bayer Aspirin and sprint off into the sunset like nothing happened.  That is carrying 100 lbs of gear while having two broke arms.

Let's not even mention the bunny hopping still in the game and used widely.  The ADADAD spam.  "Balancing" of the Mosin and it's ammos.  'Balancing" of helmets.  

All of that should have been in the ALPHA.  Now people make posts like this because the garbage streamers can pull off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

GymTime
1 hour ago, GhostZ69 said:

I have followed the game for over 4 years.  I have played for almost 3.  The Devs are NOT making any great strides in delivering what I bought.  In fact it keeps straying further and further and further from what I was sold. 

They brought in weight and inertia ( that should have been in the EARLY ALPHA AND NEVER REMOVED) and then basically nerfed it so bad it does not really exist any way.  The medical animations and time to cast are a joke.  

You can still jump off the third floor of the resort, break both legs, then pop a 200 mg Bayer Aspirin and sprint off into the sunset like nothing happened.  That is carrying 100 lbs of gear while having two broke arms.

Let's not even mention the bunny hopping still in the game and used widely.  The ADADAD spam.  "Balancing" of the Mosin and it's ammos.  'Balancing" of helmets.  

All of that should have been in the ALPHA.  Now people make posts like this because the garbage streamers can pull off.

I recently bought the game and I wish I had done more research before I did. It was and still is being advertised as "realistic tactical shooter"

This clip sums up everything that is wrong with the current state of the game: https://m.twitch.tv/clip/ArborealDifficultCurlewWutFace

I went back and read they introduced or had mechanics in-line with realistic gun play but they were all removed simply because a few streamers complained directly to the developers.

If I wanted bunny hopping and ADADADAD spam while needing to unload half a magazine into someone to kill them, I would have just played Fortnite.

Edited by GymTime

KimiFelipe
9 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Please make another big article about this. Too many people in my country are unaware of this. Especially recent players. I have searched a lot of past information and are aware of these. Even if I talk to them about this content, it is no one will believe because the date of the information is old. Once again, big news should announce about the true direction of the game. A representative text that is accessible to everyone and translated into all languages.

• Upvote 1

KimiFelipe
14 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

All of that should have been in the ALPHA

1000000000% agree.

behi09ma
17 hours ago, GymTime said:

I recently bought the game and I wish I had done more research before I did. It was and still is being advertised as "realistic tactical shooter"

This clip sums up everything that is wrong with the current state of the game: https://m.twitch.tv/clip/ArborealDifficultCurlewWutFace

I went back and read they introduced or had mechanics in-line with realistic gun play but they were all removed simply because a few streamers complained directly to the developers.

If I wanted bunny hopping and ADADADAD spam while needing to unload half a magazine into someone to kill them, I would have just played Fortnite.

sadly the amount of people like you and me that want to play a realistic game is low, or let me correct that, we are not active on forums.

imagine they add a feature that people can't ADADAD anymore. the forum will go crazy. but i hope they add that feature.

not all streamers are cod players, just visit Klean, he is in our mentality and his ideas are the best for the EFT.

Angrybiker
1 hour ago, behi09ma said:

not all streamers are cod players, just visit Klean, he is in our mentality and his ideas are the best for the EFT.

Klean's been around since day 1, he used to mod in some capacity on here. He was always a fan of the 'original' concept path the game was headed towards. Whether that is still the path the devs are walking, remains to be seen. I for one sure hope so.

Boniuszy
On 6/29/2020 at 6:30 PM, GeneralBrus said:

here is nothing more intense, more terrifying, and no bigger competition then WAR. If we could only remove the "death" aspect from WAR, then war would actually be the ultimate competition -  the ultimate sport.

Preach. This is what I think everytime when I see "realism is not fun, if you want realism go to army".

• Upvote 1

the_memevision

I wonder if it would be worth it to have a completely separate "casual" mode where all the items are unlocked and everything is free, and people can just dick around in team deathmatch or free-for-all. Honestly all these anti-hardcore players want is to mod guns for 3 hours a day.

GlomeRoaming

One man's rat is another's wise man. Really, what is the difference between a rat and a scavenger? they're one and the same.

You bully boy assault groups are rats too, one day your friends may become desperate enough to turn on each other. Watch your back crackerjack.

I personally think If the don't sway toward a more survival above all approach then they would've dropped the ball.

Xeraphas

The thing I really don't understand is so many people on the forums that know the game is bad and have very long winded opinions don't seem to own it. 

😑