Sign in to follow this  
Retarded_Puppy

Backpack quest issue

Retarded_Puppy
Posted (edited)

I turned in a pilgrim backpack for a quest and i tried to make sure this didnt happen but when i did it turned in the pilgrim i had with 2 m4s a few scav and day bags trizips and a full med case,  I put all of this into a pilgrim that wasnt found in raid so i shouldnt have been able to turn it in anyway and I lost all of this stuff because of this. according to my stash worth i am down 2 mill. Is there a way to get this back?

Edited by Retarded_Puppy

JammyJAY

no.. should always check your bags and rigs before selling, would that in real life.

afgan_
2 minutes ago, JammyJAY said:

no.. should always check your bags and rigs before selling, would that in real life.

First of all read what OP said... that was a quest asking for found in raid Piligrim Backpack, so in theory transferring everything to the one which was not found in raid should sufficed. 

The direct answer to question - no there is no way you can get your items back! They are lost forever.

However, I think we can all acknowledge that quest item selection is completely not suitable for using. First of all one does not have any way to check which particular item they giving away - secondly it does not prevent you from giving quest items with other items inside - whilst flea market and traders already have this covered - why not quests?! 

This design does not make game more realistic - it just makes questing dumb and annoying. In last wipe I had the same issue with MBSS - I have specifically separate stack of like 100 MBSS into 2 stacks. One to complete the quest - all FIR and empty and second one with mixed FIR and non-FIR and at the end full rig with stims (like SJ6s). The theory was that quest should not take items from your character and only from your inventory - so I moved the mixed stack with rig and stims onto my character. I turned it the backpacks for the quest and obviously the result was that I had 2 empty MBSS backpack left one on my character and one in my inventory - lost 100+ MBSS, RIG and 26 Stims. And I mean I specifically checked and tried avoiding it.

Just to note - I take OP statement at the face value, because at least in theory what has happened should not happen or be possible to do. However, similar thing happened to be me so I tend go give benefit of doubt here.