somemivix

This game feels like its built for streamers.

somemivix

I know, it sounds really stupid and i probably triggered a poo ton of players and fanboys and you all are gonna say i suck, but just hear me out.

Think about this game. Its really really hard and unforgiving. What type of normal person would play this game?? I have never seen a game treat new players this harshly.

Noobs can barely scrape by without watching youtube guides and certain streamers, I mean for god sakes even SCAV runs are garbage a lot of the times. The last scav raids I did i got jumped by 2 player scavs camping in interchange! 

Veterans and streamers on the other hand are essentially like gods with super ultra high gear armour, BBC ammo, map knowledge, exploits & tricks and now big streamers can basically influence aspects of the game since the devs likes them a lot. It gets really tiresome after doing your 5th PMC raid and getting demolished even when you hide, run away or do anything.

Now you are gonna say "Well dont play then LOL" but the thing is, I wanna get better and learn about things and even if its hard. However, this doesn't mean im a sadist and just brush off losing 300K in a day or 2. Things like extract campers, suddenly dying while running in the grass in customs, going up against a team of 3-4 people when i only have a scuffed AK,  watch streamers play this game it is more fun than playing the actual game. I have tried changing my playstyle a billion times nothing works.

Do other people feel like there is an imbalance between the average player and the streamer? I sure do and have experienced it numerous times getting one shot to some guy with the best armour in the game, best ammo and crap.

• Upvote 1

symbiote
4 minutes ago, somemivix said:

I have been playing this game for 3 years, and this patch 12.6 is just worst....every thing is out of order...if you want to mod your weapons you need like to unlock all traders...

This person who is developing trading/quest should just nail his penis in lenin square and resign from bsg.

But it's not about streamers/veterans, there will always be looser who have nothing better to do, when to play a game 14hours a day.

• Upvote 1

GlomeRoaming

Will agree that without content creators the game would be impossible to figure out.
I wouldn't go as far as made for them but you have to remember they're likely playing for 8-10 hrs a day six days a week and many since early beta. However the group play as is, geared asf, bullet sponges, best ammo, best weapons; is not a realistic expectation for the average joe.  They say it should be squad focused and maybe so, but if they think  'looking for group' for new solo players leads to cohesive squad play they're wrong, more likely a confusing mess.

symbiote
36 minutes ago, GlomeRoaming said:

Agree to disagree. There is no need for "content" creators at all, if bsg would hire something smarter than moron who is creating quests, who could even understand what quest description is saying anyways?

It's funny how everybody else who has life, have to level up to 40lvl doing same quest over and over, to buy svd 20 round mag? what?

To mod overpriced akm at level 35? what? and some "content" creators just masturbate raid after raid...for what?

DiBBz
11 minutes ago, symbiote said:

Agree to disagree. There is no need for "content" creators at all, if bsg would hire something smarter than moron who is creating quests, who could even understand what quest description is saying anyways?

It's funny how everybody else who has life, have to level up to 40lvl doing same quest over and over, to buy svd 20 round mag? what?

To mod overpriced akm at level 35? what? and some "content" creators just masturbate raid after raid...for what?

no need for "Content" creators. bruh the freaking popularity of the game and the status of where it is today is because of those content creators.. what you said makes 0 ducking sense.

majority of content creators know where the game is heading but they still like and love the game. most of them hated the weight change. and even now you can stack infinite backpacks for more hording or selling. certain "Content" creators got upset about that!

content creators and streamers have very valid points when it comes to certain things. and the TTK and fast paced nature of the game relating to desync and peakers advantaged has been stupidly bad since 12.6 came out. its the nature of the game. dying is part of the learning process and it takes alot of time. you dont see mass complaining about EVE being influenced by its content creators. no its just a hard learning curve with always consistent server issues. 

and sometimes sure the server issues come back to peak performance or acceptable levels where you wont get 1 tapped around a corner even tho you seen nothing. 

quests will sooner or later get a revamp as they have said MANY Many many times already!

• Like 2

ACuddlyBadger

The streamers aren't really doing poo imo. The thing is they are the most competitive players this game has out of necessity to stay relevant, and competitive players will always expose the predominant metas. 

Niewiarygodny
1 hour ago, somemivix said:

I have never seen a game treat new players this harshly.

Thats why EFT is special, it does not treat you as other games which is:
"Press "space" to jump.
You can use your mouse to look around, do it now. GJ!
Press E to use objects.
Press Tab to open inventory.
Press LPM to shoot with your gun.

Etc.
Anyway, there will be starting location in future which will show you basics (they say that it will show around 20%, but remaining 80 you will have to discover on their own, like playing dead mechanic etc.)

Noobs can barely scrape by without watching youtube guides and certain streamers

Isn't it like in any other game?
If you wanna get better in short time -> watch some guides
You don't care about getting better in short time -> You can experience everything on your own.
At the end, it's player choice what he prefers. 
Sadly, players are being treated like morons in each game, and thats what they expect to see in ANY games, since it's "standard" but when they don't they call game "too hard".

Veterans and streamers on the other hand are essentially like gods with super ultra high gear armour, BBC ammo, map knowledge, exploits & tricks

I dont get that argument.
It's again same as in any other game, you play game a lot -> You have much better knowledge about it than ppl who just started.
It would be strange if "veterans" wouldn't have such knowledge after spending many hours in any game.

and now big streamers can basically influence aspects of the game since the devs likes them a lot

Is it really that bad thing? I mean sure, depends for which group of ppl.
I wanna see new things in Tarkov, new mechanics, to see game getting harder and harder. Thats what streamers mostly wants and i am fine with it.
Sure, there are ppl who have bad ideas (same as normal players who wanna casualise EFT) but mostly they have good ideas, because they play EFT so much.

Example. You say thatthey are so geared, they have good ammo etc. (i will add that they have it really early in the wipe)
ANd it's mostly cause of Labs/reserv. And what those "bad" streamers wanna do? Close labs/reserv behind lvl requirement or quest.

It gets really tiresome after doing your 5th PMC raid and getting demolished even when you hide, run away or do anything.

Again, it's literally same as any other PvP game. 
Go play LoL/DoTa/CS when you are complete newbie-> you will be smashed, why? Because you are newbie, new player, you know nothing in this game.

Things like extract campers

Please, tell me where you play, i wanna finally experience those "legendary extract campers" in each wipe i reach 50+ lvl, in this one i have 46 lvl, how many extract campers i met? On average 1-4. 

suddenly dying while running in the grass in customs

Map knowledge, the more you play, the more you know where someone can be, at what time, is it safe or not area.
Again, same as any other game. "Does this champ on lvl 6 has advantage over me, or i can kill him easly".

watch streamers play this game it is more fun than playing the actual game

For some ppl sure, for me never. I prefer do things on my own, than watching ppl do it.
I am often playing with my friend who is a streamer and often someone says "Oh nice game, how much it cost, where i can buy it"
And we always say "spend some time and watch it first, it's hard and it just looks fun cause we already know this game, but it's extreamly hard for new players".

Do other people feel like there is an imbalance between the average player and the streamer?

No.
There is huge diffrence between new player and average player.

Btw. "Noob" is not a new person in game. It's a person who is already playing game for long time and still is weak.
Newbie is a new player.

Overall -> Is EFT harder than other games? Yes.
Should it change? No.
How you get better in EFT? Simply just by playing, or watching videos if you wanna get better faster. Same as in other games.

somemivix
1 hour ago, symbiote said:

Thats another thing. If you actually have a life and cant jack off to this game when a wipe comes BOOOM all ur progress is gone TEEEHEEEEE!

somemivix
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Thats why EFT is special, it does not treat you as other games which is:
"Press "space" to jump.
You can use your mouse to look around, do it now. GJ!
Press E to use objects.
Press Tab to open inventory.
Press LPM to shoot with your gun.

Etc.
Anyway, there will be starting location in future which will show you basics (they say that it will show around 20%, but remaining 80 you will have to discover on their own, like playing dead mechanic etc.)

Isn't it like in any other game?
If you wanna get better in short time -> watch some guides
You don't care about getting better in short time -> You can experience everything on your own.
At the end, it's player choice what he prefers. 
Sadly, players are being treated like morons in each game, and thats what they expect to see in ANY games, since it's "standard" but when they don't they call game "too hard".

I dont get that argument.
It's again same as in any other game, you play game a lot -> You have much better knowledge about it than ppl who just started.
It would be strange if "veterans" wouldn't have such knowledge after spending many hours in any game.

Is it really that bad thing? I mean sure, depends for which group of ppl.
I wanna see new things in Tarkov, new mechanics, to see game getting harder and harder. Thats what streamers mostly wants and i am fine with it.
Sure, there are ppl who have bad ideas (same as normal players who wanna casualise EFT) but mostly they have good ideas, because they play EFT so much.

Example. You say thatthey are so geared, they have good ammo etc. (i will add that they have it really early in the wipe)
ANd it's mostly cause of Labs/reserv. And what those "bad" streamers wanna do? Close labs/reserv behind lvl requirement or quest.

Again, it's literally same as any other PvP game. 
Go play LoL/DoTa/CS when you are complete newbie-> you will be smashed, why? Because you are newbie, new player, you know nothing in this game.

Please, tell me where you play, i wanna finally experience those "legendary extract campers" in each wipe i reach 50+ lvl, in this one i have 46 lvl, how many extract campers i met? On average 1-4. 

Map knowledge, the more you play, the more you know where someone can be, at what time, is it safe or not area.
Again, same as any other game. "Does this champ on lvl 6 has advantage over me, or i can kill him easly".

For some ppl sure, for me never. I prefer do things on my own, than watching ppl do it.
I am often playing with my friend who is a streamer and often someone says "Oh nice game, how much it cost, where i can buy it"
And we always say "spend some time and watch it first, it's hard and it just looks fun cause we already know this game, but it's extreamly hard for new players".

No.
There is huge diffrence between new player and average player.

Btw. "Noob" is not a new person in game. It's a person who is already playing game for long time and still is weak.
Newbie is a new player.

Overall -> Is EFT harder than other games? Yes.
Should it change? No.
How you get better in EFT? Simply just by playing, or watching videos if you wanna get better faster. Same as in other games.

Alright Ill explain to u what happened yesterday when i was playing interchange as a scav.

Im lv 9 trying to get better at the game and i wanted to do the interchange route to try and get some more stuff to sell. After trying to get whatever scraps remained I actually got a power drill which could have sold for a lot, idk it had a purple background on it, so i jsut assumed that "oh better extract now"

When im running to extraction I am running and looking left and right, trying my best to be wary of any campers and then as I am about to jump over a fence, I see a red dot laser pointed straight at a metal fence and I go like "Oh poo" then I start getting shot at. I prone behind a bus and then try to figure out what to do since i have no idea where he is.

I wait for a bit and then decide to get the hell out since idk where he is he could gamer shot me like the other million times i have gotten gamer shot and then as I sprint over while desperately dodging and weaving i get rekt and die. Raid wasted

Also, im not saying that labs should be removed at all or anything like that. I also said i didnt mind the game being hard to a CERTAIN EXTENT because i like how the game isnt like normienite you have to play a certain way, but When I play this game I feel like i am gambling and every time i die its like a lost gamble because I will have to sacrifice more and more cash to buy things i need. I dont wanna play the game like that.

Edited by somemivix

somemivix

Another time i got extract camped was at interchange again. I was running to ecom and then I had a feeling campers were there and i was 100% right. Two ducking player scav RATS were conniving and plotting their move behind the sheds and when i got to extraction the rats weaseled their way out to try and kill me. I held my ground and shot back at them as heavily as possible cuz i was pissed af. Then they were scared because iactually hit them and then they tried shooting back after scampering away, but then i got away free.

Niewiarygodny

Im lv 9

Here i could stop.
You are lvl 9, which is you are totally new to Tarkov.
It's same as any1 trying other game, he is ultra bad at it. However yes, Tarkov has many more complicated things than other games.

About that "extract camper" the thing is you don't know what he did, maybe he heared you and waited for you? 
Thats why i love when ppl say that "someone was camping" since they don't know his story.

How many times i was called a camper, or my friend streamer, even if ppl could just check vod, they prefer to say that ppl were camping :D.

I dont wanna play the game like that.

So don't play.
EFT "suddenly" didn't become that hard, it was hard since begining, yes they added few mechancis here or there, but suddenly since previous wipe till now game didn't become 100% harder.

Again, its your mistake that you bought EFT, now stop trying to change game becasue u don't like it. 
You could read/check how EFT gonna look like. Nah, you wateched few streamers, thought it was cool and bought it most likely.

Everyone was at same spot as you, everyone had problems with extracting, getting gear, killing etc. since we all were newbies at some point.
So you have 2 possible options.
Deal with it and play till you become good (As in any other game you would do)
Or stop playing because spoiler alert, EFT won't become easier cause ppl like you, ppl who didn't know what they were buying want EFT become easier.

somemivix
Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2020 at 1:09 AM, Niewiarygodny said:

Here i could stop.
You are lvl 9, which is you are totally new to Tarkov.
It's same as any1 trying other game, he is ultra bad at it. However yes, Tarkov has many more complicated things than other games.

About that "extract camper" the thing is you don't know what he did, maybe he heared you and waited for you? 
Thats why i love when ppl say that "someone was camping" since they don't know his story.

How many times i was called a camper, or my friend streamer, even if ppl could just check vod, they prefer to say that ppl were camping :D.

So don't play.
EFT "suddenly" didn't become that hard, it was hard since begining, yes they added few mechancis here or there, but suddenly since previous wipe till now game didn't become 100% harder.

Again, its your mistake that you bought EFT, now stop trying to change game becasue u don't like it. 
You could read/check how EFT gonna look like. Nah, you wateched few streamers, thought it was cool and bought it most likely.

Everyone was at same spot as you, everyone had problems with extracting, getting gear, killing etc. since we all were newbies at some point.
So you have 2 possible options.
Deal with it and play till you become good (As in any other game you would do)
Or stop playing because spoiler alert, EFT won't become easier cause ppl like you, ppl who didn't know what they were buying want EFT become easier.

So did you read my post FULLY? You telling me I didnt look at any guides shows that you didn't.

First of all, I spent $50 on this game and i have been watching al ot of guides and stuff. Im not just gonna stop playing it because fanboys tell me i make the game worse by bringing up problems in the game that many people by the way have been struggling with. 

Secondly, YES he WAS camping. You wouldn't have know because you were not there. He was 100% camping i think he was inside of the bus near emercom or prone somewhere idk he was just camping somewhere.

Edited by somemivix

S5_Mr_Wiggle

eh i just want players to be unable to hold a two handed weapon when their arm hits 0 hp and for them to fall flat on their face if you get a fractured leg mid run. bullets hurt players need to stop being last action hero and going its only a tiny hole.

• Like 2

Redangelguts
On 6/29/2020 at 9:24 PM, somemivix said:

Do other people feel like there is an imbalance between the average player and the streamer? I sure do and have experienced it numerous times getting one shot to some guy with the best armour in the game, best ammo and crap.

I think the fact that customs (the starter quest map) is more of a PvP map with crazy chokes is one of the worst anti-noob problems and it's supposedly going to be fixed and opened up more.

I would also love to see less long and obnoxious quest chains that REQUIRE these tedious parts to be completed and more 1-3 chain quests that merely have a level requirement, allowing players to choose what they want to do to gain decent exp at their own discretion and pacing. Generally the type of quests that require a certain map is also not ideal for newer and casual players, especially in the early wipe, once again creating these PvP chokes where if you aren't skilled yet you will just get farmed.

I accept that Tarkov wants this from players but I think the happy medium is definitely not met well. I do think the rewards should be much less for these smaller chain quests and merely be an incentive for casual players to get their level 10/15 milestones easier to open up the decent gear that at least stands a chance against the big chungus geared bruhs.

Another glaring issue is the extract camping, although I don't experience it that much, I think a few extra available extracts; maybe the "one time only" extracts have one more additional use randomly added as the game goes on would alleviate it.

As for squads? I think AI scavs should hunt them more and more based on how big the squad is, with more and more skill and aggression.

somemivix
On 7/2/2020 at 7:56 PM, Redangelguts said:

I think the fact that customs (the starter quest map) is more of a PvP map with crazy chokes is one of the worst anti-noob problems and it's supposedly going to be fixed and opened up more.

I would also love to see less long and obnoxious quest chains that REQUIRE these tedious parts to be completed and more 1-3 chain quests that merely have a level requirement, allowing players to choose what they want to do to gain decent exp at their own discretion and pacing. Generally the type of quests that require a certain map is also not ideal for newer and casual players, especially in the early wipe, once again creating these PvP chokes where if you aren't skilled yet you will just get farmed.

I accept that Tarkov wants this from players but I think the happy medium is definitely not met well. I do think the rewards should be much less for these smaller chain quests and merely be an incentive for casual players to get their level 10/15 milestones easier to open up the decent gear that at least stands a chance against the big chungus geared bruhs.

Another glaring issue is the extract camping, although I don't experience it that much, I think a few extra available extracts; maybe the "one time only" extracts have one more additional use randomly added as the game goes on would alleviate it.

As for squads? I think AI scavs should hunt them more and more based on how big the squad is, with more and more skill and aggression.

Do you know when this revamp will happen because i used to like customs, but now I literally cant.

DracoForKing

If you can't play at least 10h a week, there is no way you can enjoy EFT especially right now at the middle of the wipe.

Big players already have millions and you won't be able to fill the gap.

It has nothing to do with tutorials or video. The more you play, the richer you are. And with milions comes the slick armor and the igolnik rounds.

The "wealthiness" curve is exponential in EFT but it should really be logistic instead

chrisragnar

My experience is that very hard games are not good for streamers. If it's too hard it's going to be hard for them to create content consistently and fast.

Ricky-LaFleur
On 7/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, Redangelguts said:

Damn, that's a good idea.