Sign in to follow this  
bilibili4033996

Using bugs to illegally obtain rubles will be banned?

bilibili4033996

I hope to get a clear answer ,

Using bugs to illegally obtain rubles and items will it be returned or banned???

tell me bsg 

bilibili4033996

You need to give us a clear reply ,bsg

afgan_

Can you give an example of such bug? 😇

ShiroTenshi

During the testing stage, unlikely they will be banned for it as finding such bugs is why we're here. After release, abusing bugs or glitches for personal benefit will be an offense that can be punished with a game ban if the DEVs see it fit.

afgan_

For me it seems like the only ones who needs to be banned for game bugs and glitches are the DEVs themselves. How can you justify punishing players for your own mistakes? 

• Sad 2

ShiroTenshi
2 minutes ago, afgan_ said:

How can you justify punishing players for your own mistakes? 

Because abusing them is a choice. One that affects more then just the person doing it.

Doing it by accident and reporting it? Sure. no harm done. Doing it repeatedly while remaining silent about it being possible? Not gonna end well for whoever does it.

Wont be the first company to do it, and wont be the last.

• Upvote 1

afgan_

Yes - you right - not the first and not the last.

Yet I have always questioned the "moral" aspect of it... Don't leave bugs in the code and they won't get abused. If there is method to make money - I see no reason why anyone would miss opportunity to use them. Removing illicit gains - that is fine, actually banning the players for your own faults that is over the top. But that is just my opinion.

Just to be clear - using cheats or other methods to break the game and then exploiting it does not count here, but if game is broken itself then this should never be an issue of the player.

Edited by afgan_

ShiroTenshi
4 hours ago, afgan_ said:

Yet I have always questioned the "moral" aspect of it...

The 'Moral' aspect of it isn't just on the people responsible for not fixing a bug, but also on the person who chooses to abuse it. Yes, it's not only on the one who abuses it but it isn't only on the abused either.

Morality is the distinction between right and wrong, and it doesn't take that much thinking to come to the understanding that abusing a flaw to your own gain isn't on the right side of being 'moral'. If you have even the slightest notion of development you understand no program is perfect and there will always be bugs of some sort. Humans are fallible creatures, and as long as development is done by humans then whatever is being developed is fallible as well.

That, and you agreed to the EULA where it states you forfeit the right to take advantage of game vulnerabilities. That's a pretty clear definition that it's not 'Right' to do so.

That being said, the final punishment is up to the DEVs. They may or may not actually ban someone for doing so, and even if they do it doesn't have to be a permanent ban. Temporary bans are also established as a possibility in the EULA and i could see them needing several instances of temp bans for abusing the system before a permanent one is handed out. All the EULA does is establish what is acceptable behavior and what is not, as well as establish possible outcomes of such behavior. Every company has something similar, however enforcement will come down on a case by case basis.

afgan_

I think the answer is balance, but there are fair points above.