Sign in to follow this  
mattix

Equipment only extracts

mattix

I think there should be 'smugglers' on the map that will extract your loot for you. But there are some caveats.

1. They can only extract backpacks and the contents there of. No rigs, no guns, no containers. Unless already inside of the backpack

2. You must pay them upfront, with either with dollars, euros or rubles. The heavier the bag, the more stuff in it, the more expensive the extract cost

3. Any items smuggled out of a raid, must be claimed within a certain time span, just like insurance. And loot smuggled out of a raid, does not have the 'found in raid' label.

I got this idea after having a really good match. Nearly wiped out the entire raid by myself and I had so much stuff that I wanted to carry back with me but couldn't fit it inside the car extract.

• Like 1

walkr2

There were talks of an idea like this before on podcasts/livestreams.

I personally love the concept and feel it would make a great addition myself!
Hopefully they consider this, I'd love to use it.

It would defiantly increase my time spent in each raid for sure!

afgan_

Well... this is what Veritas discussed few days in the podcast.

If loot does not have FIR status, then in most cases it becomes useless or stupid quests needs to be changed not to require FIR.

I have one further issue with this suggestion - actually there is real need for PMC to leave raid as soon as possible and there are already mechanics to promote this. This is so that new session could start sooner and waiting times are less. If more PMCs stay for longer then waiting time will increase.

There are more related issues - it is already hard to complete quests in busy areas, if we introduce this then CHADs will extract their loot and go back to farm more... No thank you!

Overall, I think this idea needs very careful consideration and to be balanced out properly ... as not to increase load time, not to promote PVP etc.

mattix

The combat is the best part of tarkov. Let's get the looting out of the way so we can fight. Fighting = death = pmc joining another raid faster.

Me personally; I dont care about 'found in raid' unless I absolutely need it for a quest. If I want something bad, I will buy it off the flea market. Carrying loot weighs you down. I'd much rather secure my precious booty and get back into the action. I'm the kind of tarkov player who mainly plays for the deathmatch. There are times when I'll join a raid just to kill. Gun, lots of mags, some armor, no backpack and duck the dogtags. When I'm done, I'll go on to the next raid  and the next one, ad infinitum. I cant tell you how many times I've wiped out nearly the entire raid and let the hatchlings take the spoils. I dont need nor want your stuff. Just let me fight!

afgan_
8 hours ago, mattix said:

The combat is the best part of tarkov. 

Well.. that is only your opinion. For me that is the worst part, but I appreciate there will always be people looking at this topic from different perspectives.

As a matter of fact in our discord there are exactly 3 CHADs who just wants to fight fight fight and 3 RATs who don't... we even joke about how the CHADs struggling with inventory management and whole "economy" aspect of the game and how they would be glad just to get weapon with 5 mags and go to kill... "don't even loot man, ain't nobody have time for selling stuff, just give everything to Fence he will take it or delete delete delete...".

That said I think there are other games which does that - go and play CoD or BF and you won't need to be bothered about looting, nor inventory management, nor economy. 

mattix

Dont tell me what to play. 

Lootgoblins are petty, spiteful and selfish. Ya'll ruin the game for anybody who doesn't think and act like you. 

afgan_

I am not telling you what to play, I am just saying that there are already games like that - so what the point to have another game like that?

Same can be said in reverse - running and gunning brainless kiddos runs the game for everybody else who don't act like you! As you can see such discussion won't take as very far, so just start appreciating there there are different points of view.

mattix

Run n Gun is most Fun.

Looting is for losers who value virtual goods as real tangible objects. If you want to waste your time accruing digital currency, go play runescape, csgo or wow.

afgan_

lol - reeks of hypocrisy here! Tells me no to tell what to play and just does the same.

If you somehow missed EFT is not "run and gun" trash, this is mentioned repeatedly in the section "about" on EFT website. How far the devs are from that vision is another question, but the way it is described and the way Devs talks about it in podcast - PVP is just very small aspect in the game. When the game is complete people will only rarely need to PVP other if at all.

but what I am talking about here - players like you have only instincts and no IQ to deal with anything more complex than moving pointer and popping heads.

mattix

PVP > looting. 

I aint got time to scrounge for poo. That's what women are for. Men hunt and kill. Women gather.