Please make the ping limit only kick you if you go over the limit for a consecutive amount of time.

Vixatious

The latest 150 or 160 (or whichever value in this range) limit that got introduced killed my ability to play!

I don't have a single server that doesn't dip at least a few times over the limit. I'm playing from Dubai and the ISPs here are a garbage duopoly that have no incentive to do anything about improving the infrastructure.

My ping will fluctuate in a range of between 120 ms all the way to 300 for a few seconds.

Like I'll be playing for the majority of time at 120 .. 125.. 142.. 135..  126.. then 240... 180... 132.. 125... then again 301.. and back to 140.. and so on.

The game won't care, if it dips a couple of times over that's it. I'm kicked. And these dips don't last too long.

Can we please have a compromise of at least having the system kick me if I'm over the limit for an extended period of time per period? like if there is a 10 second duration, each time I dip back down, the timer resets?

Have the current system kick per usual at maybe 250ms like last time. I don't think lag spikers would spike their ping that low, and I think the Chinese would have their ping higher that 160 for a lot longer than someone with garbage infrastructure. 

• Like 1
bobondacob

Ping spikes, especially when the whole world is using the internet a significant degree more, are very common. If you're playing on servers near the limit, like a lot of people are forced to, getting kicked for a momentary ping spike doesn't make sense.

GeneralBrus
On 7/1/2020 at 8:55 PM, Vixatious said:

The latest 150 or 160 (or whichever value in this range) limit that got introduced killed my ability to play!

I don't have a single server that doesn't dip at least a few times over the limit. I'm playing from Dubai and the ISPs here are a garbage duopoly that have no incentive to do anything about improving the infrastructure.

My ping will fluctuate in a range of between 120 ms all the way to 300 for a few seconds.

Like I'll be playing for the majority of time at 120 .. 125.. 142.. 135..  126.. then 240... 180... 132.. 125... then again 301.. and back to 140.. and so on.

The game won't care, if it dips a couple of times over that's it. I'm kicked. And these dips don't last too long.

Can we please have a compromise of at least having the system kick me if I'm over the limit for an extended period of time per period? like if there is a 10 second duration, each time I dip back down, the timer resets?

Have the current system kick per usual at maybe 250ms like last time. I don't think lag spikers would spike their ping that low, and I think the Chinese would have their ping higher that 160 for a lot longer than someone with garbage infrastructure. 

Agree everyone can and will have lag spikes.

Eighteenb

I have this issue, can't tell you how many times my ping spike and I got kicked, seems to happen more over the last 2 days. And by the time I get back in I'm dead or out of time to get to extract. If I had other servers to choose from I would but I just don't until I move someday. What triggered me looking this up just now, even though it's been happening all day is that I was in dorms on a SCAV which I got back into the same raid that I died in from DC. Hoping to get my stuff I started shooting player looting my dead PMC body and as I start shooting I get DC'd for poor quality. 

I know it's difficult making everyone happy but I don't have these ping kick issues in other games. I just play with a higher ping and get use to it. I'm not trying to play with friends overseas, I'm just selecting the best server I can find and only picking 1 server to play on. If there was somehow a leniency solution for getting ping kicked from ping spikes based on time in raid, amount of items looted, amount of kills in raid already, etc.. just something..