Sign in to follow this  
Saber123316

Dear BSG: Start listening to your player base.

Saber123316

I logged in for the first time in a 10 days ( Work project, been devoted to that for some time)

What I logged into was this.

* Traders now pay less for goods.
* Flea market is no longer viable due to fees.

I had a system to make cash to build my hide out, that system was go in with a makarov, 4 mags, some meds in my case a bank vest and a cheap bag. I would go around knock off scavs (No point in engaging players their loot is worthless thanks to RMT changes)

And then duck out,  Load my scav, pick up some items and move out.

Using my hideout to make money with magazine cases and fuel. 

It was tedious and grindy but it was fun.

And now I can't do any of that. 

Dear BSG: 

I get the game is in development, and there will be changes, but for poo sake I am tired of constantly having to bend over to "Play this game"

Last patch, I could get into gun fights with players, I could stand a chance, I could progress, I could sell items on the Flea market, I could complete tasks even through dying.

All of that is gone, now at this point in the wipe I am irrelevant, I have no access to decent ammo, I have no access to decent armor, The only way to gear up is 5 man factory raid with friends.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

At this point I don't even care about RMT, if anything you're driving players to use their services. If this wasn't beta and this was permanent, I would look into getting using RMT, enough to get me over the hump to self sufficient BTC farming since the only decent way to make money is 25 gpu's so you can get 3 BTC every 24 hours.

My friends asked me to come back and continue playing, but I think I am just going to go find another game to play till the next wipe. 

And further more, as a EOD user,

With all the junk items I have to collect to build my hideout, How do basic editions even progress?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 4

Xeraphas
Posted (edited)

I'm pretty mad about this too I don't use flea so the vendor prices being nerfed as hard as they were sucks. Getting the items is still the same for standard for upgrades but the roubles prices could suck for upgrades now. This will probably make quests harder too and might impact matchmaking since it might drive more people to use scavs more. Gun prices didn't go down only the income we get.

I would have been fine with a nerf but some items got hit way too hard.

=/

Edited by Xeraphas

BanditMaka
Posted (edited)

lol at least wait until the current listed items timeout and see what the prices actually are.
People aren't putting things up while they wait too see if devs change it back, and that's driven prices up
If they don't then people will have to start putting up at more realistic figures, and it may be better for the game in the end.
A lot has changed over the years a lot more will, gravy trains come and go, don't be too emo about it.

Oh and devs please don't listen to the "playerbase" if it's just people begging for the game to be easier, or for changes not to be made cus "their stuff". Listen to yourselves and make ya game.

Edited by BanditMaka
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Xeraphas

I think the devs are focused on crafting but overlooking the way most people do things currently and how the radical shift may make some people behave. I know a lot of the items nerfed can get a lot more value out of crafting rather than selling them but still. It's sorta a punch in the gut for some of us.

GymTime
Posted (edited)

The arcade style gunfights are ridiculous.

Just went to Woods, brought an AK and tons of mags loaded with 5.45 BT ammo (cost me a fortune).

A guy comes running up at me and I unload into him. Ends up with him ADADAD zig-zagging and both us running around shooting each other. He still didn't die. I threw a frag at him. Started bleeding out then he head shot me. Post stats said I hit him 10 times.

This is how pretty much all the fights go, and I end up losing 90% of the time even when I get the drop on them.

This does not feel like a "hardcore realistic shooter"

Feels like Fortnite

I know....I know...."git gud" -- when I bought the game I expected realistic combat, like advertised. I never expected it to be less realistic than Modern Warfare with the ADADAD spam, huge TTK, and bunny hopping clown show gunfights.

But apparently this is the style Pestily the streamers wants, and he complains to the devs to get his way and get the vision of the game changed.

Edited by GymTime
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1

LenzOA
5 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

How do basic editions even progress?

they dont. you wont get the money back that you put into the hideout. i just upgraded my stash to lvl 2 and bought all the lvl 1 stations that only cost some roubles. and thats it.

Niewiarygodny

I logged in for the first time in a 10 days ( Work project, been devoted to that for some time)

And good, game is being constanly changed, slowly BSG is making EFT look as it suppose to look.

And thats good, it's too easy to earn cash in EFT.
Some items were heavily overpriced, 90k for fuel condicioner? What?

If such price would exist since start, no1 would cry about it, but becasue they changed now you scream that it's bad :D.

correction.
Flea markest is still viable, fees are big on few items which you barely sell as normal player, it's aimed at RMT and thats good.
Like why u would ever want to sell 1 x BTC for 1mln of roubless? 

For other things like Dry Fuel i belive that prices will change.

The only way to gear up is 5 man factory raid with friends.

Ahh right, cause going as scav, once, even in factory, just grabing first scav you see and leaving map does not gives you 100k+.
Even you spawn with something better it can be raised to 200-300k.
If you kill 1/2 scavs to get enough exp you can make even 400-500k from time to time, ofc not always since it's RNG.

Now tell me how hard is it to gear up, when my friends which SR is around 10-20% have several or even xx mln of roubless on account.

With all the junk items I have to collect to build my hideout, How do basic editions even progress?

1. You don't have to collect junk items, yo ucan simply buy it
2. Which means u can simply get one 1 slot item which is worth 30k and buy i.e. 3 bulps than getting and hoarding 3 x bulps.
3. U progress same as u did before, you don't stash any trash items, u have minimum of gear, once you get Junk box it's much easier. (And dont tell me that this 1.5 kk is hard to get)
4. Is playing on standard hard? No. But playing with items in stash is annoying, but doable. U just have to change your mindest from hoarding items, to keeping only FiR items needed for quests, not hoarding 20x sets of gear etc.

Dear BSG: Start listening to your player base.

About that. I will just copy/paste answer from a guy who said something about that player base.
4c3cd1b1cdbecdb7dbcfadec9cf3f097.png

So ye, because u came later, becasue  udidnt read hwo EFT gonna look like, thats it gonna be harder and harder, that it's gonna be changed a lot and many more things, does not mean that EFT is doing bad job. Thats what you think, thats all. 
Whats more, BSG can do wahtever with game and u can do nothing about it (well, u can cry, thats all) since it's their game, not yours.
You already bought it, game over :D. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

TechoverMana
1 minute ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Some items were heavily overpriced, 90k for fuel condicioner? What?

I 100% agree, a lot of items are heavily overpriced. That's why the prices should come down when you buy them too, a can of gas shouldn't cost 90k rubles/775 dollars per can, or ~155 dollars per gallon. That's just nuts. Same with a lot of the stuff around, just costs too damn much and needs to come down to realistic prices.

• Upvote 1

chrisragnar

Everyone already seems to have way too much money judging by how ridiculous the gear they bring is. Never have a game where everyone els is not using lvl 5-6 armor, drum mags and 15 granades. I don't know how they are going to curb this, no matter how hard they make it to mass cash, there is going to be so many kids and unemployed that can play 15 hours every day I guess.

• Like 1

Xeraphas
38 minutes ago, TechoverMana said:

I 100% agree, a lot of items are heavily overpriced. That's why the prices should come down when you buy them too, a can of gas shouldn't cost 90k rubles/775 dollars per can, or ~155 dollars per gallon. That's just nuts. Same with a lot of the stuff around, just costs too damn much and needs to come down to realistic prices.

Yeah but they nerf multiple items down to 30% of what they used to be then hand 1,000,000 roubles out to everyone in the mail. They overnerfed items to make it hard to get money while simultaneously giving out free money.

GymTime
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Everyone already seems to have way too much money judging by how ridiculous the gear they bring is. Never have a game where everyone els is not using lvl 5-6 armor, drum mags and 15 granades. I don't know how they are going to curb this, no matter how hard they make it to mass cash, there is going to be so many kids and unemployed that can play 15 hours every day I guess.

They can simply curb is by bringing back a more realistic damage/armor system.

Right now level 1-4 armor doesn't do much of anything, but level 5-6 turns you into a bullet-sponge juggernaut.

There's always going to be people who reach endgame in a few weeks and can spam the best gear every raid. The issue is the disparity between lower level, lower geared players and the high-level ones.

They should have a slight (i.e. realistic) advantage considering the gear they are running, but it shouldn't be nearly unstoppable to people who aren't running the same level gear. This makes combat feel more like an MMORPG instead of a hardcore realistic, tactical shooter.

Edited by GymTime
  • Like 1

behi09ma
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

I had a system to make cash to build my hide out, that system was go in with a makarov, 4 mags, some meds in my case a bank vest and a cheap bag. I would go around knock off scavs (No point in engaging players their loot is worthless thanks to RMT changes)

And then duck out,  Load my scav, pick up some items and move out.

Using my hideout to make money with magazine cases and fuel. 

It was tedious and grindy but it was fun.

And now I can't do any of that. 

Dear BSG: 

I get the game is in development, and there will be changes, but for poo sake I am tired of constantly having to bend over to "Play this game"

Last patch, I could get into gun fights with players, I could stand a chance, I could progress, I could sell items on the Flea market, I could complete tasks even through dying.

All of that is gone, now at this point in the wipe I am irrelevant, I have no access to decent ammo, I have no access to decent armor, The only way to gear up is 5 man factory raid with friends.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

At this point I don't even care about RMT, if anything you're driving players to use their services. If this wasn't beta and this was permanent, I would look into getting using RMT, enough to get me over the hump to self sufficient BTC farming since the only decent way to make money is 25 gpu's so you can get 3 BTC every 24 hours.

My friends asked me to come back and continue playing, but I think I am just going to go find another game to play till the next wipe. 

And further more, as a EOD user,

i sometimes think, the complainers do not think at all and just want the game be as they started to play back in  their purchased time.

really you don't need to cry for every little or big change right after they implanted it. give the changes some time and if you couldn't adapt to those changes, come forums with suggestions not tears in your face.

Edited by behi09ma
  • Thanks 1

Xeraphas
44 minutes ago, GymTime said:

They can simply curb is by bringing back a more realistic damage/armor system.

Right now level 1-4 armor doesn't do much of anything, but level 5-6 turns you into a bullet-sponge juggernaut.

I mean technically this is realistic. Level 3 body armor is only rated to stop pistols for the most part as part of the NIJ standards and class 4 is the highest and only rated to stop up to 30-06. There is no class 5/6 irl in the united states classifications. So If you want it to be realistic class 4 is your best armor and still wont do jack.

KimiFelipe

I have experienced Tarkov when there was no flea market. I have not been affected by recent changes in BSG. Probably someone who has the same experience as me plays unaffected. Those who are complaining are such players who have never experienced it. Same at Reddit too. Experience will help you overcome it.

• Upvote 1

Niewiarygodny
2 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

About fuel we might lack some sort of situacion which is happening in Tarkov (Dunno if it's maybe more explained in their books)
Like access to fuel might be limited/hard thats why it cost that much, right?

Now that i am thinking about it more, "realistic prices" might not work at all in Tarkov, again, it's diffrent "time", diffrent situacion, and devs can even say that "matches cost 100k per box because ingredients for matches are super rare/used in other stuff" and we will say "oh ok, thats how it is in Tarkov, ok" 

But ye, some of those prices should be changed, fixed etc :D. And i am glad that they are doing that. Sure, there wouldn't be any problem if those items would have such prices since begining but hey, it's hard predict if that price will be too high or too low etc :D.

A_Kira

BSG only listens to TTV streamers, opinions of average players dont mean sh1t to them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, A_Kira said:

BSG only listens to TTV streamers, opinions of average players dont mean sh1t to them.

"Average players" you mean casuals for who EFT wasn't designed and who try to change game to fit their needs?
Thats great job that they dont do that!

If they would lsiten we wouldn't have tons of mechanics which add flavour to EFT.

Edited by Niewiarygodny
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

TheHappyMile

I guess I'll pause for a bit. The new super-short raid-times actually ruin it for me. 

• Like 1

Hamm

they dont care about their player base, they only care about what some streamers want

BlooDxHound
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

"Average players" you mean casuals for who EFT wasn't designed and who try to change game to fit their needs?
Thats great job that they dont do that!

If they would lsiten we wouldn't have tons of mechanics which add flavour to EFT.

''You mean casuals for who EFT wasn't designed and who try to change game to fit their needs?'' You just described the tarkov TTV streamers perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Cold 1

tobiassolem

What was envisioned from the start, was a game with a very steep learning curve, with as realistic weapon mechanics as possible set in a harsh environment. Progressing in Tarkov as described by Nikita in early interviews would be "unforgiving". Punishment for mistakes should be high, and the goal was to make a squad based shooter unlike other squad based shooters - not exactly like the popularized S.T.A.L.K.E.R or DayZ, but more like a game with professional military operators who were abandoned by their command, trying to make do, whilst also trying to get out from a warzone.

Think of Snake Plissken in "Escape From New York", one of the many source inspirations for the game. Here you have a decorated soldier who is dropped in the middle of a lawless, hardcore environment. Where criminals write the unwritten laws, and where you are either predator or prey. People who act carelessly, and take the wrong step, or make the wrong decisions die.

As a part of this, the economy of such a war zone is MEANT to be similarly harsh, to the point of being extortive. It is within the confines of the core concept of the game. You might have had access to the highest tier of guns through your private military connections, but those are severed. When you begin in Escape From Tarkov, your first task will be to establish contact with some locals to try and get a foothold in the city. The traders are, just like you, trying to make do in this environment. Once you start working for them, they stifle you a little bit less.

The current version of the game, and how Nik has presented it is more of a playground for testing mechanics. We are in a testing stage. As the development continues, the devs will want to evaluate progression, access to items, and in this process - they will want to start implementing more and more of what they envision for the final version of the game.

With this said, I have to mention that I agree with those who have spotted inconsistencies in this. Some things have, at least in my eyes, deviated from some of the impressions I got from watching the initial presentations of the game, prior to the alpha. Before I bought into the game there was video material shown of what the devs wanted (you can find those videos here:

I advise everyone who criticise BSG to look at how the game is presented, and how they give you clues to what their vision for the game. Because as much as I love the game, there still are some aspects that frustrate me greatly. Particularly the gunplay and player movement is very much to rudamentary to be considered "hardcore and realistic".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Niewiarygodny
24 minutes ago, Hamm said:

they dont care about their player base

Ok what players want? (Majority, becasue about them we are talking, we are not talking about ppl who remain silent and wait till they deliver waht they promised)
- No new mechanics which makes game harder
- No changes in current mechanics which makes game harder/diffrent/players have to change their playstyle a bit if they want earn as much money they did earlier
- Casualise game
- Make game easier
- "Fix game" which is lags/desyncs (And thats the only point i agree, however it's not that their 80/90% of company will become experts in "server related problems, coding etc"

28 minutes ago, Hamm said:

they only care about what some streamers want

What streamers want?
- New mechanics
- Make game harder
- Change existing mechanics/things/balance them etc (i.e. almost each streamer is saying that Labs/reserv should be closed behind quest/lvl, becasue after wipe it's too easy to get literally end game gear)
- Make EFT even more unique 
- "fix game" (same as before)

So basicly 1 group is moaning and trying to block each new mechanic which ever appeared in EFT. (or will appear)
Lets name few of them really fast.
Ammo loading to magazines.
Healing animation.
After raid medical situacion.
Make game more fair/add mechanics to play weaker players (Ofc not everyone thinks that way)
Fir status.
And more.

And second want to see EFT become something "special" among all other games.

Ofcourse there are diffrent streamers, ppl who might have diffrent opinions but on average thats how it is.
Here i gave things brought by Tweak, Pestily, veritas and few others.

Like tell me, if it would be super bad idea if they would block SC during raid, which means taht you can only place into SC when you are in your stash. But when you are in Raid, u can only use/take items out from SC.

Would EFT become harder? Yes, a little bit. (Like in current version i barely place anything into my SC, only Tetriz/BTC/Ledx)
Would it be awesome and ppl would be forced to think what they should do now? Like they found rare key and they should extract or they wanna go fight/make quest? For me ye. 
Like yesterday i was playing with friend and we found bodies in interchange near medical room, one of them had LEDX in his pocket, it would be awesome to have ability to find such stuff on ppl, instead being forced to rush specific area if you want get best loot from it, becasue otherwise ppl will hide it into their SC... (But ye, not everyone has to share that vision, i mean since we are talking about "majority" then majority of EFT players does not wanna see such thing)

18 minutes ago, BlooDxHound said:

'You mean casuals for who EFT wasn't designed and who try to change game to fit their needs?'' You just described the tarkov TTV streamers perfectly.

If that would be true, they would want to add more mechanics which promote killing and fighitng because thats what "fun to watch" right? 
Because EFT is extreamly boring to watch, when u can have raid in which you spend 15 min and you have 0 action or you shoot once.
And what BSG does? Promote "surviving" than "fighting".
Current FiR status is example of that and removed ability to sell PMC gear on flea market.

Whats more, those changes they would like to see (that does not eman it will ever happen) often are similar to what BSG want to achive with EFT.

If i am wrong, sure, i can be. But so far i only hear things like:
- Buuuuu streamers are bad and BSG only listen to them buuuu
Ok but give example, which ideas are bad, what BSg changed which is bad and they did that casue they listedend to streamers?
- Buuu streamers are bad
#arguments

Speznat

Sry but i spend 130Euro on that and im pissed.

The game right now is false advertisment, the recent changes makes the game easier for no lifers with no jobs that can play 16ours a day. The casual idiot like me have no chance. i hate the recent changes really hard. its unrealistic and it feel unfair in any way.

i will never ever spend them 1euro and i will not recommend it anymore it turned into a game that is not more enjoyable as it was.

now it feels unfair its feels punishing, it just doesnt make sense patching such a poo ingame. im just dissapointed in BSG. 

maybe if release comes at year 2030 than i try play again with never wipe and stuff. but right now its just horrible.

Saber123316
6 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

About that. I will just copy/paste answer from a guy who said something about that player base.
4c3cd1b1cdbecdb7dbcfadec9cf3f097.png

Realistic:

* Ammo costs more than the gun.

* Everyone has military grade armor

* Everyone has fully kitted out M4/AK variants

* You die of hunger / hydration in 35 minutes

* Getting shot in the leg from a high powered rifle doesn't drop you to the ground.

* You can tank getting shot full auto with no ill effects.

I can keep going and going and going, EFT is not realistic at all.

Saber123316
Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Think of Snake Plissken in "Escape From New York", one of the many source inspirations for the game. Here you have a decorated soldier who is dropped in the middle of a lawless, hardcore environment. Where criminals write the unwritten laws, and where you are either predator or prey. People who act carelessly, and take the wrong step, or make the wrong decisions die.

I don't know what game you're playing but that is not what Tarkov is at all, sounds great but last time I checked I was spawning into a map with 14 other players and 12-13 AI combatants.

This is a BR game with loot mechanics plain and simple. (Think Hunt: Showdown but unbalanced and crappy)

Edited by Saber123316