Sign in to follow this  
Saber123316

Dear BSG: Start listening to your player base.

Salted1337

Ah yes, let's not have them listen to feedback during a beta phase. You guys even say that "It'S jUsT a BeTa". That makes complete sense. Pure genius.

BanditMaka
12 minutes ago, Salted1337 said:

Ah yes, let's not have them listen to feedback during a beta phase. You guys even say that "It'S jUsT a BeTa". That makes complete sense. Pure genius.

Nikita said he takes feedback from people who share a similar vision for the game.
No point in taking input from people who want something you are not trying to make.

Starioshka
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, DirtyLary said:

That's what twitch drops bring your game.

It's all old users with many posts though.

@Salted1337

Also, the shooting in this game is as casual as it gets. Even my dear grandmother, bless her heart, with Parkinson's could hit a target on full auto.

Recoil is a myth.

If you ever fired a gun IRL on full auto (Personally tested 5.56 and 7.62x51) you would know you can be rather accurate at usual engagement distances (EFT wise) of 25 meters. And check your after raid report, more than likely you're only hitting 5% of your shots unless you're a dirty mosling point and clicker.

Edited by Starioshka
  • Sad 1

p30pl3h4t3m3
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Salted1337:

to make it clear, there are tons of features not ingame. for example and my personal favourite is the karma system, which will change a lot. no more kos range for itchy trigger fingers, cause kill your faction will punish you in the long run...

can't wait for that tears of carebears & triggerhappy kos players.

Van_Hellspit

BSG games have always listened to their core player base, which is us fam looking for a survival shooter we haven't played before. We appreciate the games still in beta and a massive project which is being under taken. Just so you know everything can change in this game till the devs find something that fits right for their game. As long as this game gets harder Im staying with them. Sine 2017 the game has changed so much and all for the better.

Last bit of advice, dont get used to playing or doing the game in a certain way,  because it is more than likely going to change.

Hamm
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, p30pl3h4t3m3 said:

to make it clear, there are tons of features not ingame. for example and my personal favourite is the karma system, which will change a lot. no more kos range for itchy trigger fingers, cause kill your faction will punish you in the long run...

can't wait for that tears of carebears & triggerhappy kos players.

this is where you are wrong. cause of regardless of karma im still going to kill whoever i see that isnt my teammate that i went into the server with...bring on the karma cause its still going to make carebears and wanna be roleplayers  like you cry " i just want to roleplay ". so for now keep sitting in your bush scared of PvPing in a virtual video game

Edited by Hamm

Salted1337
22 minutes ago, Hamm said:

this is where you are wrong. cause of regardless of karma im still going to kill whoever i see that isnt my teammate that i went into the server with...bring on the karma cause its still going to make carebears and wanna be roleplayers  like you cry " i just want to roleplay ". so for now keep sitting in your bush scared of PvPing in a virtual video game

+1.

@p30pl3h4t3m3 tell me why you play this game then. Are you looking to roleplay a mercenary in an on-going conflict where it's kill or be killed or just hide in bushes the entire raid because you're scared to PvP?

p30pl3h4t3m3
Posted (edited)
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Hamm:

vor einer Stunde schrieb Salted1337:

+1.

@p30pl3h4t3m3 tell me why you play this game then. Are you looking to roleplay a mercenary in an on-going conflict where it's kill or be killed or just hide in bushes the entire raid because you're scared to PvP?

lol

it's not sitting in the bush, it's tactical waiting... you know, you don't have to kill them all, just the last one. better being a living rat than a dead chad.

going offtopic but anyway, big words *clap clap*, but sorry, your pencil won't grow.

to be honest ?

depends on which consequences the karma system will bring with it, if (and its still a big IF with many ???) it would be implemented, i will decide to go kos or choose my targets carefully (you know, rats can avoid chads by using bushes). in mostly all onlinegames it's easy to bypass these consequences and you just can ignore it, if you go red, -sec or whatever it is called. my hope they will find the right balance between "punishment" and "doable" for going rogue. if not, kos will become they way for sure and it would be sad, cause there is enough potential.  just as a reminder of the original "vision"...

oh and why i play this ? i love sitting in a bush with a mosin to 1 tap geared pinatas full of loot at the exit. reminds me to good old high sec ganks with a tornado. really good times...

yaaaaaaaaar 4 life...

Edited by p30pl3h4t3m3

TechoverMana
On 7/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, TechoverMana said:

I think even if that was the case, it still shouldn't be at ~150 dollar range unless Tarkov takes place in the same universe as Mad Max or something.

According to 24/7 wall street.com, and finding similar on global petrol prices.com, and going with the higher value,  Zimbabwe has the most expensive gas in the world coming in at $12.64 per gallon, has no oil resources of its own and has to import every drop of gas, and has seen more than its fair share of strife and conflict and economic devastation.
Even if we were to approximately double that to 25 dollars a gallon for the impacts of the Tarkov conflict, using the conversion of dollars to rubles in game at 116 (IRL right now it's like ~70 rubles), and with each jerrycan giving the standard 20 liters, or 5.3 US gallons, just for the sake of making it a worse case scenario, double it. With this worse case scenario, a single fuel tank should end up at

25 dollars per gallon * 116 rubles/dollar * 5.3 gallons per can * 2 double for worst case = 30740 rubles.

AKA, almost a third what it is now at 89475 rubles, so I think it's fair to say that the gas prices are unrealistically high. I think it should probably be something more like 12-16k rubles/can, which would translate to roughly around 20 to 25 gallons a pop, very, very high, but at least like, within the realm of reason.

Sources: https://247wallst.com/energy-economy/2019/03/12/this-is-the-place-with-the-most-expensive-gas-in-the-world/
https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

But we can stay in reality by looking at other places in the world that are war torn and how prices are effected by war. We can literally just turn to reality and use that as the basis, same way they'd hopefully program the physics based on what they see in the real world to make it realistic. I mean, I know in theory Tarkov takes place in the future, different time, but I think if they introduced a laser gun and said "Well, it's the future, lasers and rail guns are common handheld weapons now after people figured out room temperature superconductors in 2025", like, there's nothing to say they're wrong, but it wouldn't be realistic IMO and I think people would be justifiably bewildered by it.

And this extends to many other things. Water for example, paying 12066 rubles or 104 dollars for a .6L bottle, which means its 173 dollars per liter?  Who came up with these prices? A bag of croutons is 13196/113 dollars for a vending machine size bag?

This is sounding like some scheme, this like that quote from Independence day
"You don't think they actually spend 20,000 dollars on a hammer, 30,000 dollars on a toilet seat do you?" But that's what the pricing is like in Tarkov. How in the hell is a balaclava made with special technological materials cost only 4663 rubles/ 40 bucks and water is over double the price? It's bizarro world pricing. How is it that a set of Gssh comtacs cost about the same price as a bottle of water in any sort of realistic setting?

Yeah, it's small stuff admittedly but sometimes it's the little details that get me the most, like a paper cut on my brain.

I just wanted to issue a correction somewhere, but looking at the in game stuff, I thought the metal gas can was a standard Jerry can for fuel which usually holds 20L or 5.3 gallons.

But the actual metal fuel can in the game only says 5L, so it only holds 5L, which makes it 4x worse, which means it's not even ~150 per gallon of gas like originally calculated for a standard jerry can. In Tarkov, based on the 5L (1.32 Gallons) metal fuel can, at the price of 89475 rubles and using in game conversion rates, it means that it's actually $574 dollars per gallon of gas ( 152 US dollars per liter/134 Euros per liter), which is just flat out stupidity.