Sign in to follow this  
aveowp

Video Record Last ESCAPE

aveowp

I think it would be easier if the game itself had the option to save / record the last ESCAPE automatically just like it is a certain tank game. Option to enable or disable recording of the last rally, or for example the last 10.
The player would have very easy access to add a video for your team who would verify it quickly and efficiently, it would be easier for players (for report cheat system )

marekmistrz

Good idea brother

afgan_

I thought "killcam" was already planned for some time in future, I think the only reason we don't have it yet is because it would give advantages to the squads, so devs maybe considering how to implement it without having such issue. My view would be simple timer for 30s or 1 min after death - you could skip it if you happy that kill was legitimate, but if you suspicious you could wait for the timer and then see from other player perspective. This would help new players as well as they understand the tactics quicker - now sometimes I get killed from somewhere and I don't even know from where, when I was new it was like 90% of deaths like that.

I remember playing one other game with "survive" in the name and there you could go back and check every match from every player perspective based on session data logs and just rendering each player actions on your game engine locally.

Thormato

And who is going to pay for the servers for this feature?

afgan_
2 minutes ago, Thormato said:

And who is going to pay for the servers for this feature?

You are kind of funny... to any suggestion your answer is always... who is going to pay?!

First of all, suggestion is either good or bad... doesn't matter who is going to pay.

Secondly, similar feature is already planned, so I guess money question is no longer relevant

Tertiary, why do you think it requires much of capacity or server resources anyway. I may be wrong and EFT does it differently, but it is not unusual for the server to record the client inputs on sort of "coordinates system". This is literally how server know where you are in the game and what are you doing, which direction you going etc. I don't know maybe EFT clears such logs after the session or after few seconds, but it would not require much effort to preserve them. As for replaying that is again very simple script which would need to run the recorded coordinates on the game engine - this is how benchmarks works on the games which have them, they just have certain pre-recorded sequence of actions and just gives it for the engine to render

And, finally we have already paid for it by supporting the project and pre-ordering the game - it is now for devs to decide on the priority on how the money is spent.