Delicious_Tea

Hit Boxes? I'm not sure what to call this...

Delicious_Tea

When the Raiders and Bosses/Bodyguards can shoot you perfectly between your helmet and body armor with one shot and take you out, I would expect to be able to do the same to them.

Here's a short video for you:

To summarize, I see a raider who is not aggressive to me (rare enough as that is) and decide that I could use his AK and gear either for money or personal usage. I was given a cruddy KEDR with lousy bullets. And to stem the arguments, yes I'm aware of armor penetration, cheap ammo vs good ammo, and the fact that raiders and bosses have higher than normal HP. What I take issue with is that you can clearly see in the video that I aimed into the helmet at the neck and base of skull region and planted at least 3 bullets if not 4 inside his head. Additionally, out of 16 bullets, 14 bullets hit. Now I am not annoyed that I died instantly. I would expect that from a raider as a scav with no armor. What I'm annoyed with is that I aimed at a spot not covered with armor and if anything the bullets should possibly ricochet inside the helmet instantly killing this raider.

So that brings me to this post. I'm not sure what to call this as the title says, but is this a hit box issue? Just because he has a helmet on the whole head is considered armored and the exposed skin is just  visual graphic only? What is this?

Again, this has nothing to do with bullets hitting center mass or penetrating through armor. The shots were clearly in the exposed areas.

I would love for this to be fixed or altered to be realistic. Regardless of their higher HP, those bullets should have turned this raider's brain into mush with or without possible ricochets.

• Like 1

FamouZPT

Yeah this is really ridiculous...and is not realistic...

Caster89Actual
14 hours ago, Delicious_Tea said:

When the Raiders and Bosses/Bodyguards can shoot you perfectly between your helmet and body armor with one shot and take you out, I would expect to be able to do the same to them.

Here's a short video for you:

To summarize, I see a raider who is not aggressive to me (rare enough as that is) and decide that I could use his AK and gear either for money or personal usage. I was given a cruddy KEDR with lousy bullets. And to stem the arguments, yes I'm aware of armor penetration, cheap ammo vs good ammo, and the fact that raiders and bosses have higher than normal HP. What I take issue with is that you can clearly see in the video that I aimed into the helmet at the neck and base of skull region and planted at least 3 bullets if not 4 inside his head. Additionally, out of 16 bullets, 14 bullets hit. Now I am not annoyed that I died instantly. I would expect that from a raider as a scav with no armor. What I'm annoyed with is that I aimed at a spot not covered with armor and if anything the bullets should possibly ricochet inside the helmet instantly killing this raider.

So that brings me to this post. I'm not sure what to call this as the title says, but is this a hit box issue? Just because he has a helmet on the whole head is considered armored and the exposed skin is just  visual graphic only? What is this?

Again, this has nothing to do with bullets hitting center mass or penetrating through armor. The shots were clearly in the exposed areas.

I would love for this to be fixed or altered to be realistic. Regardless of their higher HP, those bullets should have turned this raider's brain into mush with or without possible ricochets.

They have a plan to update how armor hit boxes work, when however is a different story.

but yeah, when someone is using an Altyn everywhere from their clavicle up is armored.

should have mag dumped his legs.

chrisragnar

Probably the face shield hitbox covers the whole face to avoid random bullets going thru causing people to claim it's broken.

And once you start shooting the arms cover the face, witch is a bigger problem imo. I can't imagin how many times you die because arms hitboxes duck you over.

GymTime
Posted (edited)

Lol 14 hits to the chin and upper chest and didn't phase him.

Edited by GymTime

Delicious_Tea

Thanks all for the replies. Good to know on some points. So as of now, the exposed skin is just a visual graphic and not actually exposed and vulnerable.

@Caster89Actual Yeah I go for legs when running on PMC with luger or something like RIP, but not sure that the tiny KEDR clip would have been enough at that range. They have so much HP in their legs that with the most likely PST GZH rounds, he would have still one tapped me after the mag was emptied, heh.

@chrisragnar Yeah that is another problem that has caused me all kinds of hell. Watching a player take damage from high damage rounds, but it's dissipated by limb damage and you're usually one tapped after that as icing on the cake.

@GymTime They are basically walking legitimate aimbots for the game, so I'm used to the God mode stuff, but... yeah, heh.

daem0nium
vor 50 Minuten schrieb Delicious_Tea:

Thanks all for the replies. Good to know on some points. So as of now, the exposed skin is just a visual graphic and not actually exposed and vulnerable.

Sadly as of now the exposed parts are only visual as stated. There is a very interesting page on the wiki elaborating on the details of damage calculation: https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ballistics
The info which confirms the above statement is in the "Hitboxes and armor protection" section:

Zitat

Hitboxes are always the same, whether you’re clad in armor or completely naked, they never change in size or shape. Armor simply provides it’s protection to specific hitboxes and head “zones”, and when those hitboxes are struck by a bullet the armor protects them. So no matter what armor you’re wearing they always provide the same area of protection to whatever body parts they say they protect on their inspection screen. So don’t be fooled by what an armor looks like, check the protection zones to see what it actually protects.

Also have a look at the armor penetration tables, which shows how effective each bullet type is against all levels of armor.

Delicious_Tea
26 minutes ago, daem0nium said:

Sadly as of now the exposed parts are only visual as stated. There is a very interesting page on the wiki elaborating on the details of damage calculation: https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ballistics
The info which confirms the above statement is in the "Hitboxes and armor protection" section:

Also have a look at the armor penetration tables, which shows how effective each bullet type is against all levels of armor.

Yeah the visual graphic bit was good information. I'm already aware of the penetration damage and different armors. I was just a bit miffed about the shots into the base of the skull being ineffective. Thanks though! :)