Sign in to follow this  
Wurfy

Mods are asleep, post illegal weapon parts

Wurfy

Now that we all have fancy workshops in our hideouts, capable of even turning one VPO-209 into two fully functional AK-74Ms, it would only make sense that we could do more.

In a lawless, god-forsaken wasteland where semi-auto-only AR-15 pattern weapons are common, one would expect to find a lot of drop in auto sears, lightning links, swift links, weird-looking coat hangers, lower receivers with the third hole drilled in them and self-contained trigger groups that bypass the need for the third hole.

And of course, that's just the AR-15 (and by extension SR-25, RSASS and any more AR-10s to come), I assume such tricks exist for AK pattern weapons just the same, and would be figured out for anything else, including but not limited to M1As, SKSs and SVDs.

This would be especially interesting when weapon reliability is added - some of these systems aren't exactly known for their reliability. But most importantly it would, in my opinion, add a lot to the feeling of anarchy that all the fancy MDRs, P90s, Five-seveNs (and other such weapons that have seemingly no reason to end up in Tarkov) are already greatly detracting from.

Caster89Actual

Full auto SVD

i WAS about to lay down for an afternoon nap.

now I’m to afraid of having that nightmare.

Wurfy
23 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

Full auto SVD

i WAS about to lay down for an afternoon nap.

now I’m to afraid of having that nightmare.

Oh, that's nothing. As I understand, they intend to add .338 and .50cal at some point. Now imagine a conversion kit like this for them. And a full-auto trigger.

I want that kind of anarchy in this game because you can be damned sure that Russians, of all people, would do it if given the chance.

Akuzimo

I'm actually surprised you can't juryrig something like an automatic ADAR with the workbench.  Sure it would have some awkward penalties but I mean it's feasibly doable.

• Like 1