Sign in to follow this  
ACuddlyBadger

Nerf Player Scav spawns on Interchange

ACuddlyBadger

80% of my deaths on Interchange are player scavs, they get birthed out of the shadows in random stores and I'd say every hallway has a player scav holding an angle on it from a dark corner. I think they should be guaranteed to spawn outside of the mall or in the parking garages.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Wolfsb4ne

Nikita said yesterday on a Russian podcast:  Tarkov is Hard and he well not listen to players that ask to make the game easier! So no nerf! Period!

ACuddlyBadger

It makes the game harder for people who use Scav runs to get easy loot by camping dark stores without risk of loss. The game's difficulty is supposed to be about your skill and decisions along with your gear, not purely your luck with assaulting a series of overlapping MG42 pillboxes as one dude. Scavs spawn a lot more frequently with 7.62 PS and 5.45 BP now, faceshields won't save you as much as they used to. 

There is a line between difficult, and borderline impossible/futile. I don't think the way to keep the game difficult is to make running some maps as a solo nigh impossible by having player scavs spawn in centrally located dark corners on a very slow map. Its nerfing run and gun streamer playstyle which is the only playstyle I see people breaking millions of rubles often with. Nikita's point about keeping the game difficult is overshadowed by restoring blacked limbs and drugging up on vaseline and golden stars all raid. 

I don't like easy games at all btw, I play games like Metro Exodus only on Ranger Hardcore Full Dive doing no kill runs. That is truly hard, yet still enjoyable. This poo is just futile and completely breaks the balance of using a Scav vs. a PMC as a solo on Interchange.

Wolfsb4ne
13 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

It makes the game harder for people who use Scav runs to get easy loot by camping dark stores without risk of loss. The game's difficulty is supposed to be about your skill and decisions along with your gear, not purely your luck with assaulting a series of overlapping MG42 pillboxes as one dude. Scavs spawn a lot more frequently with 7.62 PS and 5.45 BP now, faceshields won't save you as much as they used to. 

There is a line between difficult, and borderline impossible/futile. I don't think the way to keep the game difficult is to make running some maps as a solo nigh impossible by having player scavs spawn in centrally located dark corners on a very slow map. Its nerfing run and gun streamer playstyle which is the only playstyle I see people breaking millions of rubles often with. Nikita's point about keeping the game difficult is overshadowed by restoring blacked limbs and drugging up on vaseline and golden stars all raid. 

I don't like easy games at all btw, I play games like Metro Exodus only on Ranger Hardcore Full Dive doing no kill runs. That is truly hard, yet still enjoyable. This poo is just futile and completely breaks the balance of using a Scav vs. a PMC as a solo on Interchange.

ACuddlyBadger

Your thread does nothing to differentiate a situation being futile, like running Interchange as a solo when there is a player scav camping every dark corridor after he just spawned in a shadow with ammo capable of going through a face shield. In the raid series, the scavs 'spawn' by coming out of the woods to the area after they hear gunfire, they don't spawn in that one dark shower room in the middle of the factory bathroom while the bears and usec are fighting. 

I don't think Nikita speaks good enough English to have perfect word choice when doing an interview, you are shoving someone elses relatively nondescript language in my face like it means anything. Does Nikita know the difference between futile, and difficult well enough to draw a line between the two?

In this case, difficult should be player scavs spawning outside of the mall, running inside to the sound of gunfire swamping your exits. Difficult is a player scav extract camping. He can camp you, but he is vulnerable from many angles which are well lit.

Futile is player scavs spawning in front of you in every dark corner at the end of a corridor that only have to worry about getting shot from the angle they are covering. 

short_FUZE

Tarkov is hard and will likely only get harder.

Suck it up mate.

BanditMaka
On 7/4/2020 at 6:47 AM, ACuddlyBadger said:

they get birthed out of the shadows in random stores and I'd say every hallway has a player scav holding an angle on it from a dark corner.

lol I wanna play this, sounds intense.

For real tho, a lot more hallways and angles on interchange than scavs/players allowed on the map, so if you are careful it should be the easiest to survive on.

chrisragnar

I almost never play interchange, feels like my scav always spawns way too late. Like 15 or less min left of raid. 

On reserve I always spawn 40-45 min left of raid.

sutex

Tarkov is the easiest  game I played, unless I die :)

chrisragnar
17 hours ago, BanditMaka said:

lol I wanna play this, sounds intense.

For real tho, a lot more hallways and angles on interchange than scavs/players allowed on the map, so if you are careful it should be the easiest to survive on.

My success is probably lowest on this map, everyone seems to be several levels above pro+++ whenever I play interchange. Got the key to the pharmacy next to techlight, but at this point it's probably not even worth trying to get there.

DracoForKing

Do like 90% of Tarkov players on Interchange, enter a raid only in a 4 man squad.

100% guarantee the lonely scav won't take the shot... And if he will, he w'ill get kill and your stuff will be put in a dark corner so you won't loose anything.  Game is designed so squad can rape the maps and survive almost everytime and if they not, at least one member hide the loot in bushes so your death will only cost you the insurance. For the solo player, that's another game...

Tarkov is hard they say, it's not that hard, it's just completely unbalanced by stupid decisions.

8 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

Got the key to the pharmacy next to techlight, but at this point it's probably not even worth trying to get there.

Yes, it's beeing raided by squads in the first minutes of the game. If you are solo, byebye the loot !

KaelTheInvoker
В 04.07.2020 в 11:58, Wolfsb4ne сказал:

not listen to players that ask to make the game easier

except streamers 😄