Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsb4ne

Tarkov is Hard

Wolfsb4ne

I make this thread because a lot of players asking to nerf something or to make the game easier and this well not happen.  Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore game and well stay like this, even it well get harder with time. And the game well not getting easier with time. So, if you don't like this type of game EFT is maybe not for you! (Bewared before that you buy it)

Nikita made a point that the game is meant to hardened he doesn't really give a if you care about it or not, if you want to play a hard game, if you to participate in the game that's very frustrating then it's the kind of game for you.But if it's something that you don't think you're gonna like don't play it. That's pretty much how he said it yesterday on a Russian podcast.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Niewiarygodny
32 minutes ago, Wolfsb4ne said:

That's pretty much how he said it yesterday on a Russian podcast.

Small clarification, thats what Nikita/BSG is saying since Alpha.
So if someone bought game and thinks that "Nikita/BSG" suddenly decided to make game harder and harder, then they are mistaken, since such plans/vision for EFT were since Alpha or earlier.

It just seems that most of those players saw stream/yt video where they saw plyer who actually is experienced in EFT, thought it's nice and easy, and we know how it went :). 

• Upvote 1

Thormato

The Problem with the new EFT Community is that they played the "casual wipe" as their first wipe. The Last Wipe was just Easy and only meant for Pvp.
They didnt play befor the Flea Market existed for example and have no idea how the game is meant to be played and because they all cant read they expect the game to get developed into CoD and not EFT

• Upvote 2

Wolfsb4ne
Posted (edited)

I bought EFT because it hardcore, I play games since 1986 and what I want is difficulty and get my a** kick... And that the learning curve is very difficult and long. I don't want easiness. I did a lot of researcher before I buy it. And Tarkov is one game that came out.   Before I played EvE online between 2003 and 2014 it was also a hardcore game in the begin, but at the end the listen to much to new players and make the game more and more accessible too causal players... So I lost interest and stop play it.  

Is because that Tarkov is hardcore that I play it and I'm sure that others that understand the core of this game played also for this reason! Sure this game isn't for everyone... It's a small niche... 

And the success of it make the game make it more popular and a lot of new players that came to Tarkov just bought the game because it's popular and didn't make any research before they buy it. And they are disappointing and they want to forced the game to change how they want it to be... 

I happy that BSG (Nikita) has this vision from the start and that they keep it!

Edited by Wolfsb4ne
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

TechoverMana

It depends on how it is approached and done however. I'm fine with making it hard, but more importantly I think is to make it realistic, or at least sensible and related to player agency. Winning the jackpot in the lottery is hard, but I wouldn't think of it as hardcore for example. Making things unrealistically difficult I think is different than the inherent harshness that'd come with having something close to a sim. Say if there was a new quest, and it was something along the lines of "Kill Killa 25 times as a hatchling.", yeah, it'd be hardcore, but it wouldn't be realistic or fitting, and that's what I think of a lot of Jaeger's quests in particular, they're just kinda dumb "Stand on your head and snipe with your feet" sort of things where, yeah, it's hard, but just some of it seems idiotic from a realism perspective like the dehydration quest or needing PMC kills while with tremor, whatever. I mean, they're not even super hard, but I still think that sort of stuff should be avoided for more sensible, reasonable, realistic stuff.

Wolfsb4ne
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, TechoverMana said:

It depends on how it is approached and done however. I'm fine with making it hard, but more importantly I think is to make it realistic, or at least sensible and related to player agency. Winning the jackpot in the lottery is hard, but I wouldn't think of it as hardcore for example. Making things unrealistically difficult I think is different than the inherent harshness that'd come with having something close to a sim. Say if there was a new quest, and it was something along the lines of "Kill Killa 25 times as a hatchling.", yeah, it'd be hardcore, but it wouldn't be realistic or fitting, and that's what I think of a lot of Jaeger's quests in particular, they're just kinda dumb "Stand on your head and snipe with your feet" sort of things where, yeah, it's hard, but just some of it seems idiotic from a realism perspective like the dehydration quest or needing PMC kills while with tremor, whatever. I mean, they're not even super hard, but I still think that sort of stuff should be avoided for more sensible, reasonable, realistic stuff.

Also we are still in a beta and BSG is in testing phase and that constructive criticism like yours well help them a lot.

But on other-side people that make nonconstructive criticism like ''This game is poo"; ""BSG fix your game!"; "Devs can't code" and all haters comment/post/threads is totally pointless and BSG well not listen to them!

Edited by Wolfsb4ne
  • Sad 1

Hamm
Posted (edited)

This game wont last, It will have maybe 200 people tops.. Its a shame to cause the game has alot of potential. If only they would do some sort of dedicated server and release the mod tools so that owner of server can have which ever patch/make it different.

#DeadMatterpleasesaveus

Edited by Hamm
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

tobiassolem
4 minutes ago, Hamm said:

This game wont last, It will have maybe 200 people tops.. Its a shame to cause the game has alot of potential. If only they would do some sort of dedicated server and release the mod tools so that owner of server can have which ever patch/make it different

doomsayer.png.00966088d763def88102a308c093c65a.png

No... but you're right. No games last. People stop playing them, eventually. Servers are shut down, eventually.

But before that happens, a lot of people play them. The only difference between your idea of when the game dies, and mine. Is that you believe that it will happen a lot sooner. And there is where we disagree.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Wolfsb4ne

Like I said eleven years on a other game... and they had some 200k active players for more then 10 years. But when they change there vision they lost many... And now this game is dying (EVE online, it became a free2play but still running in 2020, is more then 17 years)... before you had to paid an subscription each/months about 14$/month for this game.  Or paid billions in game money (isk).

How many accounts and actives players has EFT? Is still growing, right? This game well not dying quick! 

If Devs keep updates coming that well last for years! Now a game really dies when Devs don't make any updates for the game anymore, like Red Dead Redemption Online... This is dying... No real updates since more the one years or more...  From this day game that don't evolve is dying in an blink of a eye... Any game is like this... Fortnite, BF series, COD series, WoW.. etc

• Sad 1

Clydefrosch

Stick to your vision, Nikita! 

If Tarkov is too much a punch in the d*** for you, go play something else. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hamm
2 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

doomsayer.png.00966088d763def88102a308c093c65a.png

No... but you're right. No games last. People stop playing them, eventually. Servers are shut down, eventually.

But before that happens, a lot of people play them. The only difference between your idea of when the game dies, and mine. Is that you believe that it will happen a lot sooner. And there is where we disagree.

i respect this response.

I just wish that they would make a poll for certain changes and then go off that. Yes i realize they have there own vision for the game but wouldnt you want a game that is pleasing to alot people instead of pleasing a smaller group..Idk like i said, i may dog on this game and bash it on the forums all the time but its because i realize that its like 1 of a kind and has so much potential to be a great game

BanditMaka
7 hours ago, Thormato said:

The Problem with the new EFT Community is that they played the "casual wipe" as their first wipe. The Last Wipe was just Easy and only meant for Pvp.
They didnt play befor the Flea Market existed for example and have no idea how the game is meant to be played

Bingo!

Niewiarygodny
10 minutes ago, Hamm said:

I just wish that they would make a poll for certain changes and then go off that

No pls no.
I mean you realise what would happen?
EFt wouldn't be special anymore, because "majority" would simplify game, would be against new things/mechanics etc.

11 minutes ago, Hamm said:

Yes i realize they have there own vision for the game but wouldnt you want a game that is pleasing to alot people instead of pleasing a smaller group

Lets be clear.
If there is game, aimed at ppl who love a racing game, do ppl like us, come there and moan that it should hardcore fps with many mechanics?
No.

So why ppl, who don't like EFT vision come here and moan that EFT should change towards their needs if game wasn't designed or aimed at that them? 

13 minutes ago, Hamm said:

but its because i realize that its like 1 of a kind and has so much potential to be a great game

Yes, exactly, potential. 
Now why EFT is diffrent than other games?
Because it's:
- Hard
- Having many mechanics which are not needed but add flavour to the game/makes game even harder
- Is not taking player by his hand and guide through EFT word, you simply start and you need to explore this world on your own (however there will be simple tutorial)
- BSG is making EFT even harder.

Ok, and about what "majority" players moan? Literally about those things i mentioned above. 
And lets be honest, EFT wasn't designed or aimed at "majority", it's not BSG fault that those ppl came after EFT become popular and that those ppl now wanna change EFT. BSG should stick to their plan and ignore that group of ppl. 

BanditMaka
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hamm said:

This game wont last, It will have maybe 200 people tops.. Its a shame to cause the game has alot of potential. If only they would do some sort of dedicated server and release the mod tools so that owner of server can have which ever patch/make it different.

#DeadMatterpleasesaveus

Self run modded servers would probably kill the game. I rather trust BSG than the preferential treatment friends of server owners get.
I remember playing Arma 2 DayZ and the server owner telling me where the other clan was, even after I said I didn't want to know.
So much of this game is rooted in the global inventory set up, you'd have to have a different character for every server you played on.

Splitting the community is a quicker way to kill the game than appealing to a niche group is imo.

Edited by BanditMaka

BanditMaka
2 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

No pls no.
EFt wouldn't be special anymore, because "majority" would simplify game, would be against new things/mechanics etc.

100%

• Upvote 1

Hamm
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

No pls no.

Lets be clear.
If there is game, aimed at ppl who love a racing game, do ppl like us, come there and moan that it should hardcore fps with many mechanics?
No.

So why ppl, who don't like EFT vision come here and moan that EFT should change towards their needs if game wasn't designed or aimed at that them? 

Yes, exactly, potential. 
Now why EFT is diffrent than other games?
Because it's:
- Hard
- Having many mechanics which are not needed but add flavour to the game/makes game even harder
- Is not taking player by his hand and guide through EFT word, you simply start and you need to explore this world on your own (however there will be simple tutorial)
- BSG is making EFT even harder.

Ok, and about what "majority" players moan? Literally about those things i mentioned above. 
And lets be honest, EFT wasn't designed or aimed at "majority", it's not BSG fault that those ppl came after EFT become popular and that those ppl now wanna change EFT. BSG should stick to their plan and ignore that group of ppl. 

you really just reach for garbage.

you dont know what the outcome would be to to poll new things/mechanics so just stop.

Youre trying to compare 2 different genres of games. stop. i play nba2k but you dont hear me saying to add 2k features to the game, just stop.

EFT isnt hard, so stop. The only people that find it hard are  bush campers and people that have gear fear in a virtual game.. If the game isnt designed for a large player base maybe they should stop doing these drops encouraging. Cause all thats doing is bringing more people to the game and some may have the same views i have...

Listen to the people that stream this game and do more focusing on the PvP aspect of the game, they complain about the game....and we know what type of influence a streamer can have on a game

just stop with your gawking garbage

Edited by Hamm

Niewiarygodny
49 minutes ago, Hamm said:

Youre trying to compare 2 different genres of games. stop. i play nba2k but you dont hear me saying to add 2k features to the game, just stop.

I thought that there are smart ppl on this forum who complain about tarkov, sory that i was mistaken and such extreame comparison was too much for you.
So look at fortnite, ye? You got it? FPS right? "not totally diffrent genres" Right? So ia mnot there, complaining about graphic, or that this game is meant for kids.
Why? Because it has such graphic, it's meant to have such graphic and it is designed for younger audience. 

Damn, i am really sory that i took you for smart person, won't happen again.

51 minutes ago, Hamm said:

you dont know what the outcome would be to to poll new things/mechanics so just stop.

I know what would happen if EFT would listen to "majority", to keep it simple so you would understand, EFT wouldn't have anything new because that "majority" is mostly against any changes in Tarkov. ANd i am not talking about "grind" which is annoying in any game and if ppl are not noticing that, BSG is lowering amount of grind (talking about quests, quest items, yes, they added FiR status, but lowered amount of items u had to find, skill lvl or amount of kills you had to reach for quest).

I am talking about things as:
- Healing animation (Majoirty of players were against it because "it will slow the game!!!!!")
- Loading ammo into magazines bullet after bullet (Again, wit will slow game and i won't be able to run with 2 magazines wtf)
- FiR status - Which is the only thing which FORCE ppl to actually focus on surviving than on "PvP' if they wanna progress with specific quests and it's really good, we should see more such things
- Little things which add flavour but game would exist without them like Healing/hydration/energy after raid
- Weight system (Because ppl still wanna be able to have 100 kg on them and run at same speed as they would have 0 kg)
- Placing weapons/helmets/thermals in your SC just to shoot someone who wasn't prepared for it or tkae thermo on your Mp7 just to check area and hide it
- And many more

• Hot 1

Salted1337
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

No... but you're right. No games last

Counter-Strike would like to have a word with you lol.

Edited by Salted1337
  • Hot 1

tobiassolem
Just now, Salted1337 said:

Counter-Strike would like to have a word with you lol.

Or tetris!

But the true test of time is yet to come. Something will likely eventually replace even Counter-Strike.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GymTime
9 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

I agree. Personally, I want them to make the game harder, in a more realistic way in a sensible way.

For example, combat. You have people complaining that a Mosin is too powerful and too easily accessible to lower level players, and its not fair that they lost all their high-end gear to a few well-placed Mosin shots.

I'd love to see more realistic armor and bullet damage. Make people play more carefully instead of sprinting out in the open absorbing tons of shots like a juggernaut and spamming morphine and bandages.

I'm in favor of hardcore changes like that, not so much changes that make the game grindier, like you said "Kill Killa 25 times with a pistol" or anything in that regard.

ACuddlyBadger

There is a line between being hard, and being futile. 

TechoverMana
7 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Healing animation (Majoirty of players were against it because "it will slow the game!!!!!")
- Loading ammo into magazines bullet after bullet (Again, wit will slow game and i won't be able to run with 2 magazines wtf)

I know I was sort of the minority in this, since I was for these changes, and frankly, I still think they don't take long enough and are far too forgiving by restoring health to limbs. Same with the painkillers letting you walk and run on stumps, splints instant healing, not being forced prone if you get your leg shot, ect. 

If you're dead set on having it be restorative, healing should be like the same rate loading bullets is at per amount of HP. But I'd say a bandage should be more like 20-30 seconds, not 3, and I don't think there should be anything that restores HP. The CMS and Surv12 kits I think are nonsense and completely unrealistic and antithetical to the game aiming to be realistic.

• Like 1

Tuggernuts
Posted (edited)

So, yeah I just bought this game about a week ago. Level 3. Play only Customs. Mostly as a SCAV to get used to the mechanics. The few times I played online as my player I absolutely got my ass handed to me. In fact, I get my ass handed to me quite a bit on any game I play be it Hell Let Loose or Post Scriptum, back in the day I played Red Orchestra and loved it.

The dying isn't so much an issue for me, hell, I am used to it. It's loosing my loot that gets frustrating and the pouch isn't very big cause I wasn't going to shell out a ton of money for a game I wasn't sure about to get the big pouch.

I don't mind the fight, the struggle to escape from Tarkov, I promise you, I will master the way of the coward before I hit level 4 or 5 by picking my battles and running like hell from geared up guys.

I don't want a dumbed down game either. I want to be challenged. I want to think about my actions, and my moves. To plan my route, to pick my fights and make it out alive. When I do, I feel a better sense of accomplishment on Tarkov than I do on most any other game I play.

I'm too new to the game to offer suggestions on the "where do we go from here" type thing. (I'm a little skeptical of how health is treated and the physics of being hit with a bullet . . . ) The only thing that would make it great for me would be some type of robust offline mode with a story. This game, when I play it, is more anti war than pro war. And a great story can be written to suss that out. 

The only caveat I will add, is you should, as a developer, listen to your fanbase. Without them, you have no game to sell and no money to make. 

Edited by Tuggernuts

ACuddlyBadger
1 minute ago, TechoverMana said:

I know I was sort of the minority in this, since I was for these changes, and frankly, I still think they don't take long enough and are far too forgiving by restoring health to limbs. Same with the painkillers letting you walk and run on stumps, splints instant healing, not being forced prone if you get your leg shot, ect. 

If you're dead set on having it be restorative, healing should be like the same rate loading bullets is at per amount of HP. But I'd say a bandage should be more like 20-30 seconds, not 3, and I don't think there should be anything that restores HP. The CMS and Surv12 kits I think are nonsense and completely unrealistic and antithetical to the game aiming to be realistic.

I have this contention too. I call it the streamer playstyle because there is a gameplay meta streamers have collectively discovered as the most effective. They run around absorbing damage being kept alive by their armor, using a Surv12 on their limbs until their armor breaks. Then they go insurance fraud their stuff and loot bodies and leave the raid in somebody elses kit while getting theirs back.

A blacked limb should be permanent in raid, and healing should have diminishing returns. Damage caused by a bullet that has fragmented should be irreparable unless you CMS that limb to remove the fragments, then you can repair it with the normal rate of diminishing returns.

Drugs should carry a risk of poisoning or addiction. I'd imagine those cheap analgin painkillers sold by Therapist are cheaply mass produced with somewhat low standards/ poor oversight within Tarkov: and so you risk poisoning yourself using them. Then you got the bullshit Golden Stars and Vaseline making PMC's invulnerable to blacked limbs and fractures that last nearly 10 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

behi09ma
2 hours ago, Tuggernuts said:

So, yeah I just bought this game about a week ago. Level 3. Play only Customs. Mostly as a SCAV to get used to the mechanics. The few times I played online as my player I absolutely got my ass handed to me. In fact, I get my ass handed to me quite a bit on any game I play be it Hell Let Loose or Post Scriptum, back in the day I played Red Orchestra and loved it.

The dying isn't so much an issue for me, hell, I am used to it. It's loosing my loot that gets frustrating and the pouch isn't very big cause I wasn't going to shell out a ton of money for a game I wasn't sure about to get the big pouch.

I don't mind the fight, the struggle to escape from Tarkov, I promise you, I will master the way of the coward before I hit level 4 or 5 by picking my battles and running like hell from geared up guys.

I don't want a dumbed down game either. I want to be challenged. I want to think about my actions, and my moves. To plan my route, to pick my fights and make it out alive. When I do, I feel a better sense of accomplishment on Tarkov than I do on most any other game I play.

I'm too new to the game to offer suggestions on the "where do we go from here" type thing. (I'm a little skeptical of how health is treated and the physics of being hit with a bullet . . . ) The only thing that would make it great for me would be some type of robust offline mode with a story. This game, when I play it, is more anti war than pro war. And a great story can be written to suss that out. 

The only caveat I will add, is you should, as a developer, listen to your fanbase. Without them, you have no game to sell and no money to make. 

we will have a storyline on this game with quests that will lead the game. the current quests are just for testing stuff and keeping you busy in raids.

by the way i don't think you have saw the fan base of this game, those who were here for a long time.

the ones that came with drop events will go for some other game with some other drops. trust me,  most of the people on reddit or this forum are here for complain, the actual fans are busy with their raids and do not visit these places. just a suggestion, do not come here, if you want to be updated with tarkov news just watch their podcasts.

oh i almost forgot, welcome to tarkov

• Like 1