Sign in to follow this  
WarTraveller

What was your dumbest way to die?

WarTraveller

That sentence would probably sound weird to someone not familiar with video games...

So, my latest raid inspired me to post this as I wonder who could possibly top my untimely demise in terms of sheer ridiculousness.

In short, I was minding my own business, trying to extract from the SE exfil on interchange, when, unsurprisingly, somebody started shooting at me with a something rather heavy, as soon as the timer appeared- blackening my stomach in one hit. I managed to get away and run into the garages under fire, and spent the next few minutes looking for something to eat and drink. Of course, this being Tarkov, the duffel bags contained anything but edibles, and so, a few minutes later, I had to make my way towards the only viable exfil I had for a second time. Note that somebody had already taken the car at the power station.

As I was about to jump over the railing I figured that would be an excellent time to take a screenshot for my brother, and show him all the status effects I had.

However, I now bought a new keyboard a couple of days ago, which had it's "Print Screen" key a little lower than my old one - to make room for a "Power" button on that spot.

And so I hit the power key 5 meters before the extract - my PC promptly complied, in panic I fumbled and clicked "shut down" instead of "cancel", and by the time I m managed to get back, I was already dead. 

And that's the most idiotic way I had died in Tarkov. What's your ultra-potato moment?

Xarc

Trying to loot a pile of dead bodies, not knowing that was a trap in the middle of the river (customs). :)

-Tkullberg-

Forgot the ammo in stash, went out on custom and had no bullets... :P

• Like 1

Wolfsb4ne

With my own grenade, what a noob! ☠️

• Upvote 1

-Tkullberg-
30 minutes ago, Wolfsb4ne said:

With my own grenade, what a noob! ☠️

We all have done that :P

jdpeckham
Posted (edited)

Was hatchet running resort. went into west wing and there was another hatchet guy so we both tilted and agreed to be friends. he was standing by the hole in the ceiling from second floor and a guy dropped down. looked at me. i tilted. he then looked at other hatchet guy. killed him point blank. I ran to the corner to ambush him with my hatchet. he pushed me and i got a couple wacks at him, but he killed me. i later messaged him and asked why he didn't shoot me right away and he said that the other hatchling was his friend but he just made a mistake. 

Edited by jdpeckham

Thormato

i feel down somewhere and slowly bleed out, walking with broken legs hoping for a miracle

bretmh

Shoreline, resort. Perfect spawn for a farm run.

Ledx and graphics card in East 226. Beat everyone by miles. Decide to camp 226 from one of the computer rooms.
No footsteps were heard, juiced out of his mind fired me with a full clip.

Helo229

Running woods at night, without NODs, made it clear across the map and had to kill 1 more for Jaeger, dropped the scav and ran up to loot him without realizing he dropped a nade. Literally COD martyrdom'd me

lls

Most embarassing for opponent:

It's late wipe and i just start as a freshy. Pick up a Mosin and head into customs. Spawn in at storage area and like a good boy i scout the perimeter for first contact. Somehow I missed this guy coming into view and we both exchange shots but he has has an AK over my bolt and im about to miss. In the panic i shot his upper arm and he lets loose a few rounds and blacks out both my arms and almost my torso. Flight is my automatic response and i take cover about 8 feet away from him behind a scrap car. The whole time im assuming hes trying to shoot through the cracks of the car and windows, switches to secondary and spray and prays the entire car and magically i didn't take another hit. Between the cracks of the scrap window im shooting  and drop him with 3 shots! to the torso that i had time to take the whole time thinking im about to die after missing with a bolt action..

I really felt for him...i woulda been swearing at all the bad decisions. All he had to do was flank me and being in his lvl 50 he shoulda known. Ahh well was funny.

My moments:

Near the shortcut in customs. Saw a guy going in the room. I could see both sides of the shortcut. So after some time i didn't notice he came out. I went about my business killed a few scavs and then decided to use the shortcut (maybe 5 or so minutes later). Now i already knew the info prior and as i opened the door I even noticed it was unlocked...did not look in the windows or open the door at an angle...just literally walked in like im going to mc donalds. Well...the dude was there waiting and I got destroyed.

Grenading myself in front of the guy that would have surely died..

Going into raid with no guns but fully kitted otherwise...

LoginTaken

Jumped up on some crates in interchange grocery to have a better view of the area while hunting scavs.

Got stuck between the crates and shelving.....

Ran in a circle for the next 30 minutes yelling till someone killed me.

behi09ma
5 hours ago, -Tkullberg- said:

Forgot the ammo in stash, went out on custom and had no bullets... :P

similar to this but mine was with mosin. i emptied mosin's mag and forgot to put it in. got in the raid with bullets and a mag inside my rig. couldn't put that mag inside the mosin, so dropped it and went for suicide.

• Upvote 1

MarcBorgia

On the roof of one of the barracks on reserve, heard foot steps in the bushes below me. Tried to jump on the ledge to get a look....over shot it, fell 4 stories.......

chrisragnar
Posted (edited)

Killed a PMC at the start of a reserve raid with my vpo, didn't go to loot. Went to the next tower over and 10 min later a player scav that looted the PMC I killed and got an rsass witch he manage to kill me with..

Edited by chrisragnar

LenzOA

joining a raid not realizing tarkov has night/daytime raids and running around woods with no light. happened a couple of times