Sign in to follow this  
Penguinmu

Armor Just Isn't Working This Patch.

Penguinmu

So iv'e been doing a lot of experimenting this patch, I noticed early on something just wasn't right with the damage/armor values and as the patch goes on it's becoming increasingly apparent that either there's a new hack out that increases your damage/negates armor(not likely) or that it just isn't working properly.

Iv'e been testing it with the AP20 slugs in dorms, doing ammo cycling so 1 slug flechette 1 slug AP-20, also been running exclusively with Flechettes or AP20's and I can say something is blatantly wrong with armor/penetration values, iv'e put 7 slugs into a guy with a TV-110 and only then has it killed him, and sometimes iv'e one tapped people with a M1 or Tactec on, other times iv'e been point blank with people and emptied the chamber and it's done almost nothing to them, keeping in mind 3rd story dorms is an extremely small and controlled area. 

Iv'e done this with most armor pen ammo and different armors to test it out and after about 150 raids I can honestly not get any sort of clear data on what works on what, there's basically no baseline on what armor is absorbing or isn't absorbing, the biggest one came today which I honestly lost my poo at how funny it was, fighting a 4 man in construction I wiped their squad, all the while there was someone with a shotgun on Hill 1 taking pot shots at me and missing, I was running an altyn faceshield and a slick carrier, the 4 man never got a shot off on me and I decided to go to concrete jump to find the dude with the shotgun.

As im in the middle of the jump over I get one tapped by him, keep in mind hill 1 is a good 50-60 meters from concrete jump, you can see the photo below cause i had to take a screenshot of it cause it was honestly hilarious,  but can anyone explain how iv'e never one tapped anyone with ap20 slugs from 5-30 meters when they're wearing a Tier 4 armor or above, but somehow magically this guy has managed to one tap me through a slick from about 50 meters away? cause all that data iv'e written down in my runs makes no sense and gives me such huge variables it's almost like it's randomized entirely.

Im not even bothering to take gear out anymore because there seems to be no point since it either works or it doesn't, does anyone have any information on why armor and pen bullets just seem to be a literal gamble this patch cause im struggling to see a reason to keep playing this wipe if high end gear either works or doesn't work based on..... I don't know, I honestly have no idea how armor and armor pen are supposed to work at the moment, if anyone has an explanation lay it on me cause at the moment it just seems like a complete gamble to take anything high tier into the game only for it to work sometimes based on....something. 

image.thumb.png.e68e41522da501ca044d5561cf575715.png

cpltrout

ohh yeah its broke af it only seems to work right maybe 1 in 10 times that lvl 2 camo soft armor stopped 6 rounds of 7.62 ps ammo and only lost 15 points of dur 

also rounds arnt going through arms about 60% of the time 

chrisragnar

I still think it's just arm hitbox messing with you. Also if you are going to test something, do it with a friend to get a more controlled environment. I'd call this more speculation than proof

Overkill_Reaper

The problem is the wide availability of the AP ammunition.
With how easy it is to obtain AP rounds most armor becomes essentially useless. 

Caster89Actual
3 hours ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

The problem is the wide availability of the AP ammunition.
With how easy it is to obtain AP rounds most armor becomes essentially useless. 

They have made it a lot more difficult to get your hands on BS ammo by getting rid of the two Hot Rods for one 30 pack of BS. I’m pretty sure they have slightly nerfed the drop rates on reserve because I used to find it EVERYWHERE now I’m lucky if I find one or two on a scav run through pawn and knight.

88Kohe

Currently Level 5+ armor is only viable to pvp, anything below that is useless and ends with gunfights being over in 1-2 seconds.

I recommend Gzhel-K or Defender armorr, both good options

cofffin
8 hours ago, 88Kohe said:

Currently Level 5+ armor is only viable to pvp, anything below that is useless and ends with gunfights being over in 1-2 seconds.

I recommend Gzhel-K or Defender armorr, both good options

And if you don't have the money, you are basically fucked, right?

DracoForKing

I don't face this problem as I get headshot everytime 🙂

"head, jaws" , so I dont buy helmets anymore

88Kohe
1 hour ago, cofffin said:

And if you don't have the money, you are basically fucked, right?

to be honest at the moment yeah, it also depends on what maps you play. Tier 5 is definitely not needed for woods or customs