BlooDxHound

Tarkov in alpha was 10x better than this battle royale retardation 

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 1

KaelTheInvoker
Posted (edited)

Maybe. Game is way too arcade right now. I hope that developers can make harder fight gameplay.

Edited by KaelTheInvoker
  • Sad 1

Hamm

Its not even close to a BR, Just cause you cant PvP doesnt mean that its like a battle royale

• Like 4

Niewiarygodny
2 hours ago, BlooDxHound said:

Right, desyncs, lags, ability to heal while running, loading mags within 0.5 seconds and running only with 2 of them casue u dont need more, no face hitboxes etc.
Yeap, much better.

behi09ma
22 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Right, desyncs, lags, ability to heal while running, loading mags within 0.5 seconds and running only with 2 of them casue u dont need more, no face hitboxes etc.
Yeap, much better.

i hope that was sarcasm:D

2 hours ago, BlooDxHound said:

what is the problem? what is the purpose of this topic you made?!

• Like 1

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

i hope that was sarcasm:D

Yeap, EFT made huge progress, especially with 0.12.
Sure, there are a lot of mistakes, errors, bugs, glitches, that EFT is lacking a lot of mechancis, that we have things which "shouldn't be in game" but we have those things simply because Nikita said it many times "First we wanna create world, so we can start working on content in this world" or something like this :D.

Whats more, i really love topics or posts with good arguments.
Topics and arguments like this one should be deleted instantly.

Even if someone thinks that "Tarkov in Alpha was better" ok, he can have diffrent opinion, but why it was better?

Edited by Niewiarygodny
  • Like 1

Hamm
35 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

ability to heal while running, loading mags within 0.5 seconds 

at least that made for fun PvP :)

Niewiarygodny
1 minute ago, Hamm said:

at least that made for fun PvP :)

People have diffrent definition of fun.
If i would like to run and fight all the time i would play diffrent game.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Salted1337
47 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

People have diffrent definition of fun.
If i would like to run and fight all the time i would play diffrent game.

That's your opinion. Just because we have a different opinions, doesn't mean you can be like: "delet this plz". We can voice our opinions just as much as you can. Maybe if you want to have certain changes implemented but they aren't getting implemented, maybe this game isn't for you and you should find another game that's more "rEaLiStiC"?

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Salted1337 said:

Maybe if you want to have certain changes implemented but they aren't getting implemented, maybe this game isn't for you and you should find another game that's more "rEaLiStiC"?

Maybe you missunderstood me, i am not complaining about EFT and how it's looking or how they progress.
I am up for any new mechanics, even if some of them are annoying.

I never said "delete anything in tarkov cause i don't like it". I know that i bought game in Beta, i knew how BSG work before i bought game,  i knew that EFT gonna change a lot and i was (and i am still) ok with it.

So i guess that you missunderstood me based on that comment :D, but i can be wrong.

In my comment i meant that "if i would expect diffrent gameplay in tarkov, more based on pvp/more action etc, i would play other game, than complaining that "EFT IS NOT AS IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE, EFT IS NOT LIKE I WANT TO BE". 

Edited by Niewiarygodny

Salted1337
Just now, Niewiarygodny said:

I never said "delete anything in tarkov cause i don't like it"

Maybe you misunderstood me.

1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Topics and arguments like this one should be deleted instantly.

There. I guess that you misunderstood me based on that comment :D.

If you haven't realised, the community is split between rEaLiSm advocators and people who just want a game that is actually enjoyable and fun to play. That is always the case when the game advertises itself as a "realistic military combat simulator" but at the end of the day it's just a game. Take a look at Squad's Reddit or Squad's forum. Same deal as here. You source what Nikita says a lot like he has a grand plan for the game. That isn't always the case when working with games, and certain visions and plans can change to appeal to a broader audience. There's a reason why Squad, Insurgency, Insurgency Sandstorm have a combined playerbase of ~11000. From a business perspective, that's such a niche group to target, that at the end of the day it's really not worth the manpower and effort.

Niewiarygodny
16 minutes ago, Salted1337 said:

There. I guess that you misunderstood me based on that comment :D.

Also sory, sometimes i type something and i add word which i didnt mean or something.
On that quote i meant "Topics without any arguments should be deleted instantly"
Thats what i meant, again, sory that i said things which you quoted :D.

20 minutes ago, Salted1337 said:

If you haven't realised, the community is split between rEaLiSm advocators and people who just want a game that is actually enjoyable and fun to play

Actually more groups
1. People who want have EFT harder and harder
2. People who defend realims and forget it's still a game
3. People who accept that it's BSG vision and we won't change anything, (thats me, i am fine with it)
4. People who know how EFT will look like, but they are mad that "EFT does not focus on essential things!"
5. People who bought EFT and does not like that it's changing/BSG adding more stuff to the game. To keep it simple, they didn't know what they were buying, now they wanna force BSG to change their EFT vision towards those players.

37 minutes ago, Salted1337 said:

You source what Nikita says a lot like he has a grand plan for the game. That isn't always the case when working with games, and certain visions and plans can change to appeal to a broader audience

Ofc game can change, but at the end what we can do about it? 
We bought game in Beta. We bought game and we knew that they can change a lot of things and they will do that.
We bought game which is being developed by russian studio.

So i just prefer to shut my mouth and wait till they release tarkov, than complain on each thing which is not ok without any arguments :P.
Because yet again, it won't change anything (if i complain)

RainmakerM4

Realism automaticaly means better game, and its a fact. It will challenge you, and its going to make the game intense. Thats what EFT does best, it gives you adrenaline rush because of how real things feel.

ExuLvisionz

Maybe nerf the ducking scavs as i just got 1tapped by one of sniper scavs when wearing high cut with visor

Rekonsile
16 minutes ago, ExuLvisionz said:

Maybe nerf the ducking scavs as i just got 1tapped by one of sniper scavs when wearing high cut with visor

9y/o's in other countries can 1 tap you in real life why wouldnt a scav beable to do it in tarkov?

5 hours ago, BlooDxHound said:

how is 12 to 16 people on a map a battle royale? are you actually playing the same game? 

Salted1337

TL;DR no. More realism != better game.

3 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Realism automaticaly means better game, and its a fact. It will challenge you, and its going to make the game intense

That's laughable and you're  if you believe that. Explain to me why it's a fact.  An arcade shooter can challenge you as much as EFT can. What about games such as Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekiro? Those game go way beyond reality and are completely fantasy, yet they're considered the hardest games in the gaming industry? What about competitive games like CS, Valorant? Those are incredibly competitive and it will challenge you. You need to learn sprays, positions, prefire spots, callouts, abilities, flash spots, smoke throws, movement and so much else. Though those games aren't close to real life either.

Just because you implement realism into your game doesn't mean that it will be better. On the contrary, the more realistic you go, the more annoying and a chore the game will be which means it will be less enjoyable and not fun.

3 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Thats what EFT does best, it gives you adrenaline rush

Huh? You're telling me that people will not get as much of an adrenaline rush from playing Dark Souls where they have to try and keep trying to beat a boss? Let's say you fight this boss around 20-30 times, and when you're finally so close it gets incredibly intense because you might be one hittable, you will not get an adrenaline rush from that because it's not "rEaLiStIc"? Or let's say you're playing a tournament or an important scrim in CS. It's 15-14, you're on the losing side. It's 1v3, enemies have planted the bomb, and you need to clutch to stay in the tournament. That wouldn't give you an adrenaline rush or even make it intense?

If you wanted proper realism then here's a list

• As soon as you die, your character gets deleted and you have to create a new character with a new stash. No wait, that's not realistic. What about one life per one account? Or one life forever? You die, you get banned perm. Fun right?
  • If you get shot and it penetrates your armor, you're automatically disabled for the rest of the raid. You will be barely able to move and you won't be able to respond to contact. Fun right?
  • Back to previous point again, let's say you get hit by a 9mm? You would probably be out of the fight for a good week or two before you can properly fight again. 5.56? Lol see you in a month. You get the idea. Fun for a game? Doubt it.
  • Any healing done in raid? Get rid of that besides basic bandages or gauze to stop the bleeding but you would be out of the fight depending on where you get hit. Fun right?
  • You get shot in the leg? Have fun crawling to extract. If that bullet hits an artery, you might have 1-2 minutes until you die from severe bloodloss. Incredibly fun.
  • I doubt you can be at every trader within milliseconds. Why not add a delay for each visit you make to a trader? Let's say I need a gun from Prapor. I need to walk there and it would take me a day or so. Aw poo, I need to go back to my BOO, that's going to take a day.
  • I doubt items that you buy from trader's you will receive almost instantly like Amazon Prime same day delivery.
  • Current FiR changes? Yeah not realistic. I doubt the black market would care if you found an item or an attachment for a gun and it wasn't found in raid.
  • What about PTSD? Depression? Bipolar disorder? Mental health disorders? After a couple of raids you get a mental health disorder because you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.

So no. The more realism a game implements it will become more of a chore to play. Games are meant to provide enjoyment. Something to take your mind of things and do something else. Disconnect from the real world. Games aren't meant to draw you back into the real world. Especially not in an environment where people die in war or get mental disorders from being in a combat zone. If you said an immersive game, I would've agreed with you. If you want EFT to thrive, you need to bridge the balance between arcade and realistic shooter. Realism that is happy for you in a game like Tarkov is where you get PTSD?

If you want realism, why not join the military? I reckon that should provide you your realism and adrenaline rushes.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Like 5

tobiassolem

Yeah, "just the same"

bild.png.83e837fe472c42a585a541f8658b1087.png

Redangelguts
2 hours ago, Salted1337 said:

If you want realism, why not join the military? I reckon that should provide you your realism and adrenaline rushes.

cuz you die for real mb? is this a real question?

I think his point is valid, I just want ONE game out there with modern FPS mechanics that tries for deep realism.

if it's not Tarkov that's fine... but I'm sure we can all agree there are plenty of arcade shooters that bring in their own gamey mechanics that only a handful of people like, causing massively split audiences, Tarkov has a massive and consistent following; it's not crazy to state that it's BECAUSE it's close to reality, although you'd be reasonable to also credit a lot of the following to the depth as well, but "Destiny" seems pretty deep... but "Destiny" seems pretty dead!

I mean, I spawned on earth for earth physics! Now I want to represent that in vidya without respawning and dealing with the whole baby tutorial over and over again.

I hate the baby tutorial!

Delicious_Tea
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Salted1337 said:
  • As soon as you die, your character gets deleted and you have to create a new character with a new stash. No wait, that's not realistic. What about one life per one account? Or one life forever? You die, you get banned perm. Fun right?

I would actually kind of be okay with this, however I completely understand the great majority of people would not. But I'm definitely not opposed to their being a "hardcore" checkbox for characters like in some RPGs.

• If you get shot and it penetrates your armor, you're automatically disabled for the rest of the raid. You will be barely able to move and you won't be able to respond to contact. Fun right?

I actually expect this right now in the game. I'm not one for being able to pop a simple painkiller in pill form that should take some amount  of time to kick in that suddenly has a stronger effect than an instant morphine injection. I also find it funny that we as players are able to do a lot more than we should be able to do even with such a strong opioid. This one I don't understand why the majority would be against in Tarkov seeing as the genre it's labeled as and marketed towards.

• Back to previous point again, let's say you get hit by a 9mm? You would probably be out of the fight for a good week or two before you can properly fight again. 5.56? Lol see you in a month. You get the idea. Fun for a game? Doubt it.

Or, they could make it that since you didn't give yourself enough time to recover you are more likely to wound easily in your matches. Or it could have lasting effects on your character's body for that wipe if you repeatedly do that. It would do a bit to stop people from hatchet running, getting sprayed with an AK then running right into a match a minute later to rinse/repeat all night. Having to take a whole week off the game or month off, sure that's taking it extreme, but there is an argument to be said that an instant cure by the therapist after a raid in a "realistic" shooter is a bit off-putting for at least some of us.

• Any healing done in raid? Get rid of that besides basic bandages or gauze to stop the bleeding but you would be out of the fight depending on where you get hit. Fun right?

I'm completely for this. I played America's Army for years before they went down the more arcade-y route and it was exactly like this. You can bandage to stop bleeding, but then you have a limp or injury for the rest of the map. And, sometimes the bandages aren't able to stem the bleeding, only slow it. Completely fine with that. And if you bunny hop or spam strafing you bleed out faster from the exerted effort. This goes hand in hand with the first one you mentioned for me.

• You get shot in the leg? Have fun crawling to extract. If that bullet hits an artery, you might have 1-2 minutes until you die from severe bloodloss. Incredibly fun.

This is already in the game to an extent? There's was a leg meta after all and it's still viable for people with SMGs. And I have hobbled my crippled butt with 2 blacked out legs a few times to extract praying the whole time that nobody would come across me. And it was rather fun and exhilarating to win the gunfight and live to tell about it if only barely. If I had to take time to heal properly after that, that would be well worth it. Time to scav it up while on downtime for a few hours!

• I doubt you can be at every trader within milliseconds. Why not add a delay for each visit you make to a trader? Let's say I need a gun from Prapor. I need to walk there and it would take me a day or so. Aw poo, I need to go back to my BOO, that's going to take a day.

The more realistic option would to put the traders only in the raid maps with the possibility of being camped. I would imagine they would have their own protection as NPCs to keep their businesses viable, but anybody willing to risk a visit could get shot by a camper. Frustrating as heck for a lot of people that don't take the time to clear their areas. But could be definitely fun. And the stuff you buy? You have to carry it out or risk losing it :)

• I doubt items that you buy from trader's you will receive almost instantly like Amazon Prime same day delivery.

You're talking to the traders in-person already at the screen. It would be odd to not receive your goods while you're exchanging currency or barter goods. So, I don't quite understand why you think it's a delivery. But, with the above option, the whole thing would be solved.

• Current FiR changes? Yeah not realistic. I doubt the black market would care if you found an item or an attachment for a gun and it wasn't found in raid.

This exists only really for the RMT and it should be removed if they are able to find a more reliable and actually viable way to combat them such as Nikita's hoped two-step authorization or cell phone linkage.

• What about PTSD? Depression? Bipolar disorder? Mental health disorders? After a couple of raids you get a mental health disorder because you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.

Absolutely! You start seeing ghost images or have tremors. You lose energy or stamina because your character is depressed or fatigued in some other way. I think this would be great with that earlier stated point about going into raids too soon after being shot. Can you imagine being haunted by Killa or any other boss appearing in your peripheral vision? You end up loosing some bullets in that direction only to find out it was a ghost image from trauma. But now you've given away your position and are likely to be hunted.

A lot of the things you mentioned could be incredibly fun for me. And it would fit with the label as a realistic shooter. I'm not going to crap on this game or any other games, but I don't think bringing points from completely different games such as Dark Souls or Valorant is fair comparison. I get that you were trying to say they get the adrenaline going, but I also feel that all of those games are their own individual thing.

When I first heard about Tarkov, I was hoping for something like America's army pre-2.0 patch. It's not exactly quite there, but it's kind of close. I enjoy that. I am kind of in agreement though with the people that are not too happy with the CoD or other more arcade-y games type maneuvers though. Jumping from the rafters to land on a player or scav's head in Factory, or jumping around like a maniac in the midst of a gunfight while shooting not fleeing. The constant A/D shuffle that some people like to do. But that being said, it's not really my call. If the game goes down more of that route which seemingly would be more to your agreement, then I will have to look for a different game to scratch my itch. I personally feel there's already enough type of those games even if they are their own individual style. There seems to be very few and far between games that cater to patience, being careful and alert, and then still having it be able to all go to hell and lose it all.

Edited by Delicious_Tea
Typo Correction
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

AdhesiveTeflon

Realism?  The best realism that EFT does right is making you wait ages before the action starts "aka 'waiting for players."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

behi09ma
3 hours ago, Delicious_Tea said:

This exists only really for the RMT and it should be removed if they are able to find a more reliable and actually viable way to combat them 

i have the same opinion with you in most of the cases you mentioned, except this. FIR is the best thing they added to the game, not only for making RMT's life harder, they kinda made hatchet runner's life hard too. which from your prespective, you can't see a naked man in a warzone running around. meanwhile i hope they lock the secure containers in raid so you can't put items in it while in raid.

Delicious_Tea
57 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

i have the same opinion with you in most of the cases you mentioned, except this. FIR is the best thing they added to the game, not only for making RMT's life harder, they kinda made hatchet runner's life hard too. which from your prespective, you can't see a naked man in a warzone running around. meanwhile i hope they lock the secure containers in raid so you can't put items in it while in raid.

I think to better combat that though is to do as you say and lock the secure container.  With nothing to go in, there will be a significant reduction in hatchet runners who can't put it in their "pocket" and run.

RainmakerM4

Realism trumps arcade always.  The gender fluid valory cant even compare to EFT. Don't make us laugh

Yarbay

When I hit his elbow with an AK, I expect from a realistic game that will either drop his hand or drop his gun. What you understand by realism is not understandable. At least he shouldn't be able to land a perfect hit afterwards. It happens so many times in EFT.

The hands are the only unprotected parts of the body and they endure more than any armor, even if they turned black, their arms absolutely could no longer react.  If you really want a hardcore game then do it right.

Slow down the movement through bushes on every map not only reserve.

• Like 1

KiloNein

I've never seen this game in such a bad state.

Interchange has been infested with hackers today, and on top of it I just got 1 shot with a class 4 vest on from a single round of buckshot in the thorax....

So to add on to all the problems, something now seems to ALSO be broken with shotguns and armor

• Upvote 2