JohnnyRicos

Burn Out

JohnnyRicos

Anybody else feel as if EFT is more chore-some then enjoyable lately? 

There's a small combination of issues that I think are making me feel a little burnt out;

- I'm more suspicious of being killed from seemingly nowhere now.

- I'm ever increasingly frustrated by dealing 300+ damage to a player to then be one tapped by the same player seconds later.

- I don't feel 'in control' of my character unless I'm prone on the floor waiting for someone to walk into my sights. The transition from moving - aiming - firing just feels clunky to me.

- Playing like a rat seems to be the new meta of 'winning' at the moment, it makes for (more often then not) particularly uninteresting raids.

- This might be controversial, but I really dislike how accurate hip-firing is. Especially with semi-auto rifles and bolt action rifles.

- Get rid of the flea market, it's too easy to abuse and too hard on your average player with the new FIR mechanic.

EFT's meta sucks at the moment and I believe it's due to the combat, the desync means bullets don't register and now you've lost the advantage you had on the other player, you die. Why try and win via combat when you can sit in a bush and knee cap someone or wait for the last 10 minutes of the raid and scrape loot together? 

• Upvote 1

ExuLvisionz

Cheaters mate, ive encountered alot of them while running Reserve on key runs. Its horrible as I can get killed by someone flying over me without even knowing or hearing shots. They should make anti cheat better or patch these cheats as its getting worse.

• Upvote 1

Thormato

Dude, this game is nothing for you, move on and play something that fits your expectations
no one wants people like you the change the game into something they want, many people play it because it is the game it is
you just want a Cod Clone

• Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 4

JohnnyRicos
17 hours ago, Thormato said:

Dude, this game is nothing for you, move on and play something that fits your expectations
no one wants people like you the change the game into something they want, many people play it because it is the game it is
you just want a Cod Clone

Are all 1,631 of your posts spouting the same 'COD clone' rhetoric?

It's actually the opposite of what I'd like this game to be, hence my comment about hip firing. How many videos have you seen of players jumping off buildings to no-scope someone below? or spinning 180 degrees to do the same.

I've played Operation: Flashpoint, ARMA, DayZ, Post Scriptum, Squad & Rust all of which are the genres that build up to make EFT which I do enjoy. 

Your reply offers up no solution, no suggestion and is completely typical of a fanboy wearing rose-tinted spectacles that thinks this is the way EFT was supposed to be.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Thormato
20 hours ago, JohnnyRicos said:

Playing like a rat seems to be the new meta of 'winning' at the moment, it makes for (more often then not) particularly uninteresting raids.

= you want a Cod Clone, where you can Run and Gun

20 hours ago, JohnnyRicos said:

This might be controversial, but I really dislike how accurate hip-firing is. Especially with semi-auto rifles and bolt action rifles.

You want Arcade Style Hip  Firing, not realistic accurate hipfire like in the game

• Sad 3

JohnnyRicos
5 minutes ago, Thormato said:

= you want a Cod Clone, where you can Run and Gun

Again your mindset is stuck on this COD angle you're trying to push, is that your only reference point? Or do you spend all your time in-game sat overwatching a hotspot with a suppressed rifle and a scope because you don't know what else to do?

6 minutes ago, Thormato said:

You want Arcade Style Hip  Firing, not realistic accurate hipfire like in the game

You've ignored my point about semi and bolt action rifles. Try reading the reply before commenting again;

11 minutes ago, JohnnyRicos said:

It's actually the opposite of what I'd like this game to be, hence my comment about hip firing. How many videos have you seen of players jumping off buildings to no-scope someone below? or spinning 180 degrees to do the same.

Regional

I mean the whole concept of the game at least in my eyes are ( Quests and Money) 
Everyone rocks Class 5/6 Armor and bullets that can penetrate those armors, Sometimes you get leg meta'd and sometimes you get straight headshotted it happens. As for the Market Thing it's fine where it is I don't see how it effects you in any way.
Overall find ways to make the game fun, Squad up to make the raid more easy

JohnnyRicos
23 hours ago, Regional said:

I mean the whole concept of the game at least in my eyes are ( Quests and Money) 

Absolutely, I don't just go into a raid just looking for PVP (unless factory). But in the same vein, the quest areas are just camped by snipers so usually go in with just a pistol. 

23 hours ago, Regional said:

As for the Market Thing it's fine where it is I don't see how it effects you in any way.

Not being able to sell gear that I've FIR is frustrating. You also don't need to level traders to go full chad so there's loads of players with high end gear.

Knonos
On 7/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, JohnnyRicos said:

Anybody else feel as if EFT is more chore-some then enjoyable lately? 

There's a small combination of issues that I think are making me feel a little burnt out;

Really at this point, idk if this game is worth playing and testing. The last few weeks have been a hit or miss with the servers and im tired of being poo on by the devs not doing or saying anything about it. Too many times i have had bullets connect and do nothing. I have ran into invincible scavs, invisible scavs, raidesr that instantly hs you because they see you before you see them, shot through bushes by scavs because they saw a pixel... got a few videos. Desync abusers and more. At this point whats the point in playing? I mean this is only my favorite game that now does not even reward me for not taking pvp fights that are 50/50 because of the servers and when you do take pvp i am fucked over by those same servers. I'm tired. i do not enjoy tarkov like i am coming back to over and over. At this point im going insane because im doing the same things over and over, but still having inconsistent results. im really discouraged and disappointed in the product that BSG is delivering right now.

- I'm more suspicious of being killed from seemingly nowhere now.

agreed

- I'm ever increasingly frustrated by dealing 300+ damage to a player to then be one tapped by the same player seconds later.

you forgot to mention doing 300+ damage when half of that did not reg.

- I don't feel 'in control' of my character unless I'm prone on the floor waiting for someone to walk into my sights. The transition from moving - aiming - firing just feels clunky to me.

- Playing like a rat seems to be the new meta of 'winning' at the moment, it makes for (more often then not) particularly uninteresting raids.

just got one tapped in the head by someone running around and abusing desync so idk about this either.

- This might be controversial, but I really dislike how accurate hip-firing is. Especially with semi-auto rifles and bolt action rifles.

I get your frustration with this, but this is a really important concept for me

- Get rid of the flea market, it's too easy to abuse and too hard on your average player with the new FIR mechanic.

EFT's meta sucks at the moment and I believe it's due to the combat, the desync means bullets don't register and now you've lost the advantage you had on the other player, you die. Why try and win via combat when you can sit in a bush and knee cap someone or wait for the last 10 minutes of the raid and scrape loot together? 

I have my responses to the above italicized BSG has really let me down in terms of how their game is going right now. it has been an off and on relationship. The game at this point is more stressful then it is enjoyable and I have been breaching out to other games. I find it hard to believe that games like counter strike and rainbow 6 have better net code then what we are dealing with right now. I figured with all the funds BSG had into design that maybe it would be developed better. I guess to finish this off. If BSG is gonna treat me like some alpha user who just needs to make sure the game turns on. im out. They already temp banned my support account because of some passionate words and phrases (nothing hostile or super edgy), because I demanded answers for these issues so at this point all i can really do is go to these threads. Having 1100 hours into this game when they started this past Christmas, i would tell someone to only play with friends. This game does not support solos, in fact it doesn't even support basic combat well at the moment. Too many issues with net code and bugged invis/invinc scavs. I really hope we can address all these issues. Now for the media and dealing with the bullshit mechanics that really make me rage.

https://streamable.com/5q7sk2

https://streamable.com/d8pdr7

https://streamable.com/esvdyc

https://streamable.com/qhxg1v

there is more that i am choosing not to post because I lack the name of the players who did it and BSG doesn't really care. They know its a problem. I have been fighting for weeks now for a response on these issues so why would they start now. Provecho

On 7/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, JohnnyRicos said:

• Upvote 1