DroogKris

Online single user game

DroogKris

This game will never be successful the way it is.  There is no reason for a new player to even be in a game with other players.  There needs to be a bot only ONLINE mode that players can go into .  The way this is now, I wish I never gave my money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

LilTweezy

An online bot only mode would require a lot of restrictions to ensure there isn't an unfair advantage for rewards. Just play offline mode and practice. Quit crying.

afgan_

I know BSG reps keep saying this won't happen, but that does not make the argument in any way less valid. For me I am simply not competitive PVP player and I will always hate to have kill other players and I am not even that bad in EFT - I have 1000h+ in game hours, I know most maps very well, I go into raids decently geared, we often go in raids with full squad... still I just hate PVP. As for new player, or the ones without beast PC, or without very fast low latency connection, or without a lot of friends .... I would say this game is unplayable in current broken PVP form or at very least annoying.

In the other hand I love game mechanics and the way it is designed, actually I spent 80% of time this week just playing offline, trying weapons mods, fighting scavs and hunting down boses and the gameplay is very good and enjoyable. Then there were times where my friends asked me to come out to do some quest on discord... or I though for myself "what I am doing here - I just spent 10hours offline without progressing in game at all" ... Yet I genuinely dread every time I need to go and play it online... I honestly honestly hate it because it destroys any enjoyment, realism or immersion, which otherwise is quite good in this game. 

Now the issue with online are numerous and of many different kinds... starting from simple internet related issues like ping, resulting in broken hitreg, desyncs etc. The lack of "level playing field" which must exist if any from of PVP takes place and finally just inherent difference from player to player - some players are only here to kill other players, they don't care about lore, story or game mechanics - they are here only to kill. And other like myself sees PVP only as last resort thing.... these player types simply cannot coexist in single game design.

@LilTweezy - this is just lazy excuse, there is no reason why having PVE mode would in anyway give the players unfair advantage. It would only be true if only some players would have this option (say EOD owners), but if everyone can play PVE then everyone have exactly the same conditions. Further, the game very easily can have logic to deal with PVE and PVP coexisting side by side. I do appreciate there are some players who can play and complete everything in PVP without being hindered even slightly, but such players are rate and they could still do it even if other players could complete same tasks in PVE.

Secondly, this is not related with lack of practise or being crying baby - what you need to recognise is that not everyone are "world class EFT goods". Take for example any sport - you would not expect professional olympic athletes, competing in the same challenge as amature or disabled athletes, or kids... there are always different groups based on various criteria to ensure fair and interesting challenge. In EFT it is exactly opposite - everyone competes in the same game regardless how able they are. Yes that benefits the best players, but as in any field you can expect only tiny minority to be truly good at something, therefore such game design benefits maybe 5% of best players with 95% having something left to desire. 

• Like 1

Thormato

More than 200k active Players, you are right it wont be succesful, it already is

afgan_

200k sounds - like success,

However, I take comment as "long-term" success.. ~280k or so players was one-off peak. However, if the game will continue to ignore new players and just responding that "you need to practice more" this interest won't last forever. Hardly anyone can spend as much time as it is required to become good in this game.

Ramshu

The truth is that I would like to see a story mode or a campaign that was only PvE in Tarkov and if this could be played cooperatively much better.

I would like to take Star Citizen and Squadron 42 as an example, both are the same game, one is the open world and the other is the campaign, completing the campaign has a series of benefits for the open world, not only at the level of learning as a player, instead you get "reputation" and some items.

@afgan_But regarding the competitive ... this is an online game, you cannot create a game for each player, that is, if I am missing a finger on my left hand and want to play, I will have to adapt. The essence of competition is that the best are at the top, it will always be a pyramid, if we are all up, the competition does not exist.

Another point is that a game is for fun, the game already has a PvE mode, if it's just for fun you can play just that forever. While it is true that in the future they could add the possibility of playing cooperative PvE, and even a PvE progression, such as a PMC with its own inventory, abilities, hideout ... that is only to play in that mode. This I think would be great.

But we cannot forget that we are in the beta phase of a game, they need to try many things and the best way to test is by making the players interact not only with the game, but also with other players.

Regards.

ShiroTenshi

Hello

Please use the Forum search function, as per the rules. This has already been suggested and discussed numerous times in the past and answered just as many times.

Kind regards

#locked