Sign in to follow this  
Ken

So, the end of Sherps then?

Ken

"In order to avoid permanent bans, temporary bans and other misunderstandings - we recommend that you refrain from large and constant distribution of items in raids to other players. All this will be regarded as boosting, which is prohibited in our game. Thank you for understanding. Nevertheless, if you want to organize a contest and want BSG to help you with gifts, in-game prizes, etc. - write with your suggestions to [email protected] @news"

So the above was today posted in the official EFT discord. 

So by above  BSG logic this must mean that the Sherpa program has to end because boosting isn't allowed or do typical double standards apply here?

I mean don't get me wrong RMT is an issue and a gaming ruining one at that. It ruins the economy and funds hackers and boters who in-turn continue to use the funds to ruin the game for the regular player base.

The BSG fix clearly doesn't work and should not be effecting a regular players who it is meant to protect. There have been multiple reports of false bans (and yes, some may be full of it). However, some include streamers such as Anton. As reported by One Peg 4th July video. 

I like to help people who I play with and like wise does the rest of my community. Similar to an in house Sherpa run to help those starting late to catch up and those struggling with support. We as the legitimate players should not live in fear of getting banned because you (BSG) cannot implement a system that cannot identify a legitimate player vs a RMT. 

Nor can you state that boosting is banned when you offer an in house boosting service with the Sherpa program. 

So i could go further with Sherpa/BSG giving gear vs player helping his friend or community but I believe I've made my point.

• Upvote 1

LenzOA

bsg stated that they dont want you to drop gear to your friends, but rather help them in the raid to find the gear, finish quests and improve your game.

also:

"For clarification, you can give your you friend a key, ammo, weapon, etc. But not like 5 sicc cases filled with rare keys and bitcoins. Stuff like the Red Keycard or a Red Rebel may also flag you since these items have high values. 

Likewise, doing it once or twice should be fine, but continuously doing it for multiple raids may also trigger the flag.

How RMTers operate is pretty easy to see and distinguish from you bringing your friends weapon back. However, when we get into the level of bringing 5, 10, 15+ million into a raid that is where the difference between helping a friend and RMT begins to blur."

- ShiroTenshi

• Upvote 1

Ken
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

bsg stated that they dont want you to drop gear to your friends, but rather help them in the raid to find the gear, finish quests and improve your game.

also:

"For clarification, you can give your you friend a key, ammo, weapon, etc. But not like 5 sicc cases filled with rare keys and bitcoins. Stuff like the Red Keycard or a Red Rebel may also flag you since these items have high values. 

Likewise, doing it once or twice should be fine, but continuously doing it for multiple raids may also trigger the flag.

How RMTers operate is pretty easy to see and distinguish from you bringing your friends weapon back. However, when we get into the level of bringing 5, 10, 15+ million into a raid that is where the difference between helping a friend and RMT begins to blur."

- ShiroTenshi

Yet, it provides a service which is does exactly that in terms of the sherpa program, twitch events and random apology money which can all be considered boosts, its a contradiction. I mean EFT's various game edition can be consider boosting within a context.  It's all down to view point and prospective .  - This relates to your first comment. 

I like to play in a group, we love reserve.  Now with the underground extract now its less relevant but last wipe if I found a spare RR and a friend needed one I would give him it and that's not even for his gain but mine as it means I didn't need to cover him/press the button while they all the want to hermetic door to extract. However, giving him this and other items to several clan mates could result in me being banned for RMT. 

The issue has only arisen due to fix that doesn't work and is/could have unintended consequences. I have no issue with RMT players being banned and those buy for them. However, if even 1 regular player gets banned and it isn't resolved and compensated within a reasonable timescale then the system is failing. As I doubt they will receive the same level of support as Anton who was un-banned within 20 minutes. 

Edited by Ken

LenzOA

so if 2 people play together and if they are not EXACTLY on the same skill lvl one is boosting the other...

Niewiarygodny
4 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

so if 2 people play together and if they are not EXACTLY on the same skill lvl one is boosting the other...

Which is freaking stupid.
To keep it simple, you can be flagged/banned if you or your friend play more/less than other :D.

I can be banned cause i am giving away/sponsoring vieaways on my friends channel, which has nothing to do with RMT.

LenzOA
2 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Which is freaking stupid.
To keep it simple, you can be flagged/banned if you or your friend play more/less than other :D.

I can be banned cause i am giving away/sponsoring vieaways on my friends channel, which has nothing to do with RMT.

just use common sense. if this happens a lot, bsg will not autoban people but review it more often so people dont get just randomly banned. i dont see this as a problem at all. just look at how they gave people back the thicc cases or items that were lost in backpacks in their stash. and this was just for items, for accounts they will be even more careful.

Harvg123

I know you shouldn't have to, but if you are wrongly banned you can appeal and if you are legit you WILL get your account back. 

You cant go your whole life scared of something just incase one day it might happen. Its ridiculous. Just carrying on playing as usual and within a fortnight they will clearly have the data present to distinguish between "friends" playing together and "RMT friends" playing together. 

Niewiarygodny
4 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

just use common sense. if this happens a lot, bsg will not autoban people but review it more often so people dont get just randomly banned.

Do you belive in that?
I mean i belive in EFT, but i doubt in such decisions made by BSG. 

They should make straight rules, even if they would be stupid to follow, because saying "oh don't drop items for your friend or you might be falsly banned"
Ok but how much i can throw to my friend? Whats the reasonable amount? How big can be lvl diffrence? Is taht even matter? Etc.

If they clarify how that poo work then it will be all good. 

What they "could" do in my opinion?
- Remove ability to go into raid with ANY barter item (Like why u wanna go with ANY barter item into raid, unless it's part of joke (like i carried BP filled with toilet paper) or to throw item to your friend/do RMT)
- Make straight rules whats allowed/whats not allowed
- Make it simple taht all ppl who go to Factory and drop gear/any items for friends, will be automaticlly flagged 
- Allow droping gear on all other maps
- Make something to allow gear sharing with friends, dunno, maybe a clan stash with really limited amount of ppl there?
- Add more informations that if you are using buying money from RMT then you will be banned
- add stuff to make giveaway or dunno what

Why like this?
1. If they block barter items then there are 2 posibilites left. First will be gear (which can't be hidden in SC) and using flea market.
2. There is no way to extract from map really really quick without any risk, unless it's Factory (thats why such rule could appear)
3. If people are going on other maps that mean that they have to spend AT LEAST 5-10 min in map, also there is risk that they will die.

behi09ma
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ken said:

"In order to avoid permanent bans, temporary bans and other misunderstandings - we recommend that you refrain from large and constant distribution of items in raids to other players. All this will be regarded as boosting, which is prohibited in our game. Thank you for understanding. Nevertheless, if you want to organize a contest and want BSG to help you with gifts, in-game prizes, etc. - write with your suggestions to [email protected] @news"

So the above was today posted in the official EFT discord. 

So by above  BSG logic this must mean that the Sherpa program has to end because boosting isn't allowed or do typical double standards apply here?

I mean don't get me wrong RMT is an issue and a gaming ruining one at that. It ruins the economy and funds hackers and boters who in-turn continue to use the funds to ruin the game for the regular player base.

The BSG fix clearly doesn't work and should not be effecting a regular players who it is meant to protect. There have been multiple reports of false bans (and yes, some may be full of it). However, some include streamers such as Anton. As reported by One Peg 4th July video. 

I like to help people who I play with and like wise does the rest of my community. Similar to an in house Sherpa run to help those starting late to catch up and those struggling with support. We as the legitimate players should not live in fear of getting banned because you (BSG) cannot implement a system that cannot identify a legitimate player vs a RMT. 

Nor can you state that boosting is banned when you offer an in house boosting service with the Sherpa program. 

So i could go further with Sherpa/BSG giving gear vs player helping his friend or community but I believe I've made my point.

ok first of all, you mentioned Anton, which he did not get ban at all. nikita clarified that in his recent russian podcast, that when they did the ban wave, around 25 players who where in the same raid with RMTs got an error, and anton was one of them. they called nikita and he checked it, the account did not got ban in the system at all, the client just needed a reset. so that was just an error.

the false ban claims that spread in reddit are not legit. nikita said we checked they account and saw as an example he gave 28 flash drives to other! who does that as a legit player?!

also nikita said for now all of the banns are manual, in the future they will make it semi auto but again they will check every case, so if you are a legit player you should not be worried at all.

for the love of whatever you believe, please let BSG do their work and after changes, wait for at least 3 weeks if something went wrong, come forums for complain. 

and i forgot to say, if you want to help the newbies or friends, giving items or roubles is the worst way if you ask me. the newbie will not learn how to make money and will just expect someone to get money and if he couldn't, he may get help from RMTs. helping them by guiding them through the map, questing with them, showing the high traffic area, giving the strategies. i don't thing sherpa is just giving items or roubles to someone hah!!!

Edited by behi09ma
  • Upvote 2

DiBBz
45 minutes ago, Harvg123 said:

I know you shouldn't have to, but if you are wrongly banned you can appeal and if you are legit you WILL get your account back. 

errr thats just completely false, you cant appeal your ban. because as BSG have said your ban is final.

this is why its worrying to a good part of the community. because you could be sponsoring a bunch of people with gear. like nikita directly said on the russian podcast. they have no way of knowing if its RMT or not. hence why anton got caught up in the false ban. if a streamer got caught in the ban there is sure to be loads of false positives which he directly said there was alot in the podcast. and that in order to avoid situations like this in the future just done boost your buddy.

Harvg123
14 hours ago, DiBBz said:

errr thats just completely false, you cant appeal your ban. because as BSG have said your ban is final.

This is not true you can contact battleye to appeal the ban. 

DiBBz
21 hours ago, Harvg123 said:

This is not true you can contact battleye to appeal the ban. 

but battle eye are not the ones banning you. its BSG directly themselves as they clearly said in the podcast they are monitoring all items in the game and taking appropriate steps if abuse is shown... hence why they directly made the statement on the russian podcast that if you have a buddy that youre boosting dont do it as you could be potentially flagged for RMT.

battleye isn't auto banning people for RMT. its BSG that has that info and making the choice themselves

Harvg123
On 7/8/2020 at 5:19 AM, DiBBz said:

battleye isn't auto banning people for RMT. its BSG that has that info and making the choice themselves

BSG are even more easily contacted than Battleye so I dont see your point? 

You are right with that though, Battleye bans HACKERS and BSG ban RMT'ers.

BanditMaka

So boosting people == to guiding through the game?
I don't think so.
If you can't help somoene without giving them a bunch of in game items, then you aren't really helping them.
What they gonna do when you aren't there.

On 7/6/2020 at 5:48 PM, DiBBz said:

You can appeal through battleye if it's a ban through them, or through support if it's related to this.

Will probably take a while, but the ability to appeal exists.

jc984
Posted (edited)

I don't even understand why people are even doing RMT....its all going to be gone in a wipe anyway. Its completely stupid to waste your money on a digital item that is guaranteed to be wiped eventually until this game is fully released.

and not being able to share weapons with your squad does kind of go against the "realistic" flag on this game.  I mean if my buddy is just starting out or had a serious of bad luck in raids i like to give him an extra AK or even a pistol to increase our chances of survival (not much, ammo and armor seam broken to me atm) then it makes sense....i mean if i can give him a better weapon to watch my back with why not?

Maybe a good solution is to make the high value trade items, gear, etc for a certain tier/level be locked to your account after you exit the raid with them. And you are only allow to sell them with certain npc traders or destroy them...kinda like a MMO. That would make RMT hard to me without hacking....which increases their chances of being banned for hacking. As it will be ALOT harder to me, for them to find the item, find a buyer, and trade all while in the same raid with time limit, scavs, and other players hunting you.

That is just my suggestion.

Edited by jc984

behi09ma
14 hours ago, jc984 said:

I don't even understand why people are even doing RMT....its all going to be gone in a wipe anyway. Its completely stupid to waste your money on a digital item that is guaranteed to be wiped eventually until this game is fully released.

and not being able to share weapons with your squad does kind of go against the "realistic" flag on this game.  I mean if my buddy is just starting out or had a serious of bad luck in raids i like to give him an extra AK or even a pistol to increase our chances of survival (not much, ammo and armor seam broken to me atm) then it makes sense....i mean if i can give him a better weapon to watch my back with why not?

Maybe a good solution is to make the high value trade items, gear, etc for a certain tier/level be locked to your account after you exit the raid with them. And you are only allow to sell them with certain npc traders or destroy them...kinda like a MMO. That would make RMT hard to me without hacking....which increases their chances of being banned for hacking. As it will be ALOT harder to me, for them to find the item, find a buyer, and trade all while in the same raid with time limit, scavs, and other players hunting you.

That is just my suggestion.

if you don't have time reading the posts above, atleast read the tweets from BSG.

no one will flag you for giving your friend a weapon or some gear. you will be flagged if you give him a valuable item that worth millions.

for example red rebel, sicc case full of cards, bitcoins, expensive keys and something like that.

this is not my understanding, this is BSG's sayings. please instead of watching some stupid non informed people's mouth on reddit, just 5 min or less reading official BSG tweet will solve lots of problems and will erase so many complains from the forums. i'm not saying, it will erase complains from reddit, cause lots of cheaters and RMTs are there and they spread these rumors to make more and more complaint on reddit to force BSG to step back.

• Sad 1