fatal25

Pied Piper on Customs

fatal25

I have been running scav runs on Customs frequently over the past few days and noticed a re-occurring event that has now happened five times.  The first time it happened I got in with about 28min left and had to take a phone call so I hid in the corner until the call ended with 15 min left in raid.  I went through construction where there were no scavs or corpses and on to dorms where all the doors were open, all the loot taken, no scavs, and no scav bodies.  So I went to new gas on my way out to admin gate and again there were no scavs, no scav bodies, and every door was open.  On my way to admin gate I walked out the fence of new gas towards the UN checkpoint hugging the cliffs and there were so many scav bodies there I could not count them all.  The raider corpses were there with full durability on their armor and helms, which leads me to believe there were killed with a grenade(s) in mass.  Somehow someone had lured every scav to one location and killed them all.  

Over the past few days I have tried the same experiment, chilling out until later in the raid and have noticed the same thing four other times.  The mass of bodies is not in the same area, but whenever I go to dorms and there are no dead or alive scavs I start looking for the graveyard and have found the pile of bodies more than once.  Whenever I start to hear multiple grenades going off and what sounds like gunfire used to bait in scavs I assume someone is doing the same trick.  I especially like when the use the "shave and a haircut, two bits" rhythm in their gunfire to attract scavs or when dozens of rounds start bouncing off the location where I am sitting. 

I assume this is some kind of hack as the times I have heard the same behavior and start to move around I get shot through brick walls, rocks, and even in a metal shed.  I started moving towards dorms around 20 min today and got shot through the first floor dorms walls.  I heard someone in dorms shooting full auto and then tracers came out of the brick walls and died "head, eyes".  It was not a window, it was the first floor on the end just before the stairs.  I get that horrible lag and de-synch happens, but this was not the case and it has happened repeatedly.  I wouldn't waste my time typing this if I could attribute this at all to normal game bugs.   

I enjoy the game a lot, but the recent efforts to stop RMT (real money transactions) by messing with the traders and market have apparently made the hackers try new techniques.  I don't know why anyone would pick Customs as their map of choice for loot, but I am very convinced that it is happening.  Whoever they are I give them credit, they go in as player scavs so  I cant get their name to report them, as every time this has happened it was a player scav.  I could understand once, maybe twice, but now it has been five times where the hackers have cleared out the whole zone and piled the bodies up in one location.  Maybe they looted the magic flute of the pied piper that gets scavs to follow them.   

I don't know if the devs or mods read these posts, but I want to at least make them aware it is occurring.  If there is some legit way this can happen, please enlighten me.  If lets say a five man scav team can go in and lure all of the scavs from dorms, new gas, construction, RUAF roadblock, and the raiders to one location, say up by the substation, and not damage any of the scav armor or helmets I would love to hear the tactic.  

• Like 1

GhostZ69

The Dec's do not come to the forums.  For that you need to use Reddit, not the official EFT Forums.  

On to your post.  What you are experiencing is not a hack but someone who understands the mechanics of the game.  It is in fact something that the Dev's put in place themselves.  I am really surprised it took this long for it to catch on.  I am not going to go over what it is but suffice it to say that as soon as one of the paid advertisers of the game shows this it will be happening on nearly every map.

behi09ma

you asked a nice question, why customs?! we have better maps to do this trick with better loot, why they waste their time on customs!?

i hope you are wrong

btw i'm curios which server you you saw this?

Caster89Actual

It’s probably just someone with a grenade box of vogs and nothing else so he is tagged and cursed.

GlomeRoaming

The AI isn't that 'I' at times..