Sign in to follow this  
Tikosh

Suggestion for item limitation change on PMC

Tikosh

A lot of the changes to combat RMT affect the gameplay of the general playerbase.

Allowing only a specific amount of items/money on your character makes the stash management a bit harder, you can not just load all those items in your character to move them easily to the desired location.

The backpack stacking change makes accessing them way harder. Having multiple big backpacks in a stack results in being forced to have double that amount of space in your stash to unpack them. Sometimes this is hard to accomplish for EOD, for the standard edition this can be backbreaking. Before you could just put them on your character to have space to unload stuff from a scav run, this is now impossible. A lot of space is now required to stay empty and unused.

If you had that backpack stack on your character when that change happened like me you had no idea how to remove it without losing it. Dragging did not seem to work, ctrl clicking did not work at all. I did not play my PMC at all for more than half a week because I had no idea how to fix that.

These changes do not only hurt the RMT, they hurt the playerbase as a whole.

Why not change it so it does not really affect the playerbase and only the RMT?

Remove those general limitations on what can be on your character. Instead make it so that your PMC is locked out of raids if certain criteria are met.

Let us have any amount of stacked backpacks or valuable items on our characters. But if we go to the character selection screen disable the NEXT button if we carry to much of something. Equipping a huge stack of backpacks on our character or 10 bitcoins because we want to move them down the stash all at once? No problem. But we can not get past the character selection screen while we have that on our person. And add some mouse over text to the NEXT button for that case to tell the player why they can not play a PMC raid.

It should be easy to limit those items to small amounts to enable you to help a friend with a missing item or give them back their lost items from a past raid without them risking a ban. And at the same time it should disrupt any larger transfer of items done by RMT.

And if you want to go a bit further you could even make this for item groups instead of single items. "You have more than four valuables on your character? No raid for you!" This would restrict RMT even further, preventing them to just join with a big range of different valuable items instead.

It might be safer to start with a disabled NEXT button for the PMC so you can not bypass that system by going fast.

And if you want to implement this idea: Please test it thoroughly. We don't want to get locked out of raids because of errors in the system.

• Like 1

afgan_

Yes... sadly I must agree, many recent changes perhaps targeted RMTs, but disproportionately hurt genuine players. Whereas I agree that RMTs are an issue, it seems that BSG should really consider the solutions more careful (I am not saying they doing it deliberately, just kind of carelessly), sometimes alternatives are not really that hard.