Sign in to follow this  
Hyre

Boosting is ban?

Hyre

“In order to avoid permanent bans, temporary bans and other misunderstandings - we recommend that you refrain from large and constant distribution of items in raids to other players. All this will be regarded as boosting, which is prohibited in our game. Thank you for understanding.“

Could someone please clarify this for me? .. “large and constant distribution of items in raids”. Ok, so this means my friends and I will get banned if I bring my level 6 IRL friend a makarov each raid? Just like professional RMT’ers who are making thousands of dollars? Because giving him a pistol 10 raids in a row will be considered boosting? So, this means we should play Tarkov solo from now on? Teaming shouldn’t be a feature anymore? What if we team up with our level 6 IRL buddies and we kill a dozen of scav’s... BUT OMG he’s looting ALL the kills, raking in literally tens of thousands of roubles. Am I boosting my buddy now as well? Will we get banned? Oh wait, my friend and I found a LEDX and we decided to share the flea earnings. So yeah, I gave him 1mil roubles through a few raids. So we’re getting banned? Because, after all, I’m boosting him. But wait, he’s lvl 30, and I’m Ivl 28. So am I really boosting him if his player lvl is higher than mine? My IRL friend spawned as a scav with a flash drive in his bag.. and gave it to me for my skier quest. He said.. “Here, take this flash drive. Now go and complete that bs skier quest. But remember you owe me a decked out M4a1”. Wait, before I get banned, I didn’t give him an M4a1 as of yet. Should I break the promise? Guess he gotta kiss that M4 goodbye. Dropping him that M4 somewhere this week would be considered boosting. If I get banned, ban him as well for dropping me  a flashdrive through some scav on scav action. Oh, on a last note: are streamers getting banned retroactively for accepting countless of “viewer kits”? Or only when they accept viewer kits as of now?

Dude, what is boosting. Wth is this made-up rule?

• Upvote 2

Kthelmir

This!

• Thanks 1

Thormato

Maybe if you start using your brain, you will figure it out?

• Cold 2
  • Sad 2

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Hyre said:

Could someone please clarify this for me?

200cac7178fa24604dc3451c7630077a.png
Then i asked about doing constant giveaways and if thats ok.
ad71a7aa2c9ea780c3c25a6031c22072.png

Did i clear anything? :D

In shorts. 
By "Boosting" they mean throwing items, they won't ban you cause you play as lvl 50 with lvl 5. 
But if you constantly bring into raids 5-10-15 milions of roubless then your account might be flagged cause it's suspicious.

Edited by Niewiarygodny
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hyre
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

200cac7178fa24604dc3451c7630077a.png
Then i asked about doing constant giveaways and if thats ok.
ad71a7aa2c9ea780c3c25a6031c22072.png

Did i clear anything? :D

Ty for the img 🙂

Edited by Hyre

voxthesergal

I don't understand the point myself. Like, I get the way they're trying to counter RMTs but..

I'm only complaining due to the fact that every other week/wipe there's more pressure on the throats of players who aren't doing scummy poo; this is the patch of the extract camper since the 'Find in Raid' thing - why raid when you can have someone hand deliver it to you; Now we can't even drop things for our friends without worrying about an imaginary 'flag' that might pop up because we dropped 'X' gun/gear back to our friends from the previous raid, or dropped them a high value item that we can't just 'offline trade' to them or that's locked behind a trader level. Y'know?

The way things are going I feel like I'm trying to buy alcohol for adults behind the 'Malt Mart' who are over the age of 21 but forgot their IDs and the big bad clerk has a stick up his ass and won't sell it to them. Legally they can do it themselves, but it's easier to have me do it.

DragunovCrux

This does need to be clearly defined. Most people do help their friends out with dropping much in raid. It's the same in any game. I get it if someone is getting 20 THICC cases, that makes sense, BUT-

There is NO CLARITY. You could be givivng a friend of your whom just joined a full kit and consistently every raid. Hell. you be leading a discord and helping a new member out.

Why?

You want to help them.

You want to give them good gear to enjoy the game and stay

Was this announced?

If it was announced, IS IT IN THE EULA?! (Don't give me bullshit that no one reads the EULA, that's not the point. It's a memorandum of understanding).

Regular people who play the game legitimately don't want to get banned for helping out people consistently.

PEOPLE that have discords with clans, or friends will help their friends consistently - THAT IS THE POINT OF A GAMING COMMUNITY.

Na0cho

I know this isn’t quite on topic but is it considered boosting if 5 friends go into factory, hold the main exit, have one guy naked so the scavs run to you, and have one guy just kill the scavs as they come in the door?

i did this once when they upped the level for flea market for a friend who had just started playing. Got his xp from level 5 to (I forget if it was 15 or 12 before they dropped it)

it goes quick I think it was like 2 raids because he was getting a lot of cap for like 20+ scav kills. 

this is what most games would consider “boosting” in my experiences. 

Thormato

Abusing the Hatchling Targeting was always forbidden

• Sad 1

RainmakerM4

Makarov is not worth 10 to 15 milion. OP, don't play stupid. ;)

Na0cho
21 hours ago, Thormato said:

Abusing the Hatchling Targeting was always forbidden

If you are referring to tagged and cursed then why are there streamers that do it all the time.  They camp in factory bathroom and draw the scavs in, abuse the ai to hatchet kill them?

Thormato
1 hour ago, Na0cho said:

If you are referring to tagged and cursed then why are there streamers that do it all the time.  They camp in factory bathroom and draw the scavs in, abuse the ai to hatchet kill them?

You missunderstood me, doing it solo is fine
But if you are in a group, making the scavs ignore you because htey hunt the hatchling so you can farm them, that is forbidden