Sign in to follow this  
MauryRedfield

What is the goal of having everything, if later in the wipe you will lose everything?

MauryRedfield

What is the objective of farming and progress, if they reset everything to 0, then it is a waste of time to try to have the hideout to the maximum and have a good stash with cases.

Saber123316

This is what Beta testing is.

Back in the day development teams had several "testers" that tested the game prior to release it was brutal and inefficient and often once a game was released many bugs were found by a user base. Back then patches were often few and far between or non existent ( Think console games prior to networking)

Now they have EA models that allow broad testing by a much larger base.

This is why on a few wipes I never played or played little.

Kthelmir

There is none and there is a reason why people stop playing in droves. Wipes need to happen for testing purposes and thats all fine. The Last wipe was completely useless and catering to the bazzillion "GiB WIPE PLX NIKITA!1elf" crowd.

What they should do is Release the damn game and put any further changes on their hyped up PTS where the Circlejerk Gang of Streamers can test the living poo out of it while the rest of us plays a non wipe enviroment with occasional updates.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

oldschool15

"It's not the destination, it’s the journey", Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Like 1

Billy_Bo_Bob

If there were no wipes then the game would become mundane and boring. Like playing pubg.

• Like 1

Harvg123
18 hours ago, oldschool15 said:

"It's not the destination, it’s the journey", Ralph Waldo Emerson

The best reason I've seen on this site 👏 I take my hat off to you my man

BanditMaka
Posted (edited)

The goal is to have great raids, you might get everything as a result but that's not what it was about.
It's like when people get Kappa and stop playing, cus they think they're done till next wipe.
What was the point in getting Kappa to never use it? I just lol.

Wipes keep the game fresh and bring back mass amounts of the player base, I'd be happy to have em every 3-6 months personally.

Edited by BanditMaka

Madiakz

I'd say quite simply to have a laugh and meet new people, some moments in Tarkov I will never forget :)

Orcrist641
Posted (edited)

What's the point in playing any game if you have to start the next game from the start. None of the stuff you gather in any game *helps* you going forward so why bother?

I mean, look at my Baldur's Gate character. All those quests completed, and the high-level items I gathered are useless now. What was the point of all that play?

Well, okay, I will concede that I had *fun* while playing those older games, so there's that...

tldr; It's the journey, not the destination.

Edited by Orcrist641
To add a P.S.

tobiassolem

What is the goal of living if we're going to die some day anyway?

To create memories, experiences, and try and make the world a slightly better place than it was before we came here, says the idealist in me.

In the case of Tarkov, we're here to create memories, experiences, and try to make the GAME slightly better than it was before we came here, again speaking from an idealistic point of view.

• Like 2