MNMatthew

Is factory now 6 man?

MNMatthew

I just went into factory with 2 other people  in my party and I killed 2 USEC players (grabbed their dogtags) and then trying to extract we all got killed by a 6th person who had an EOD account. I thought Factory was 4-5 ppl. Did they change it back to 5-6??

JeffreyLF

its a bug

MNMatthew

What is, specifically? 

TUALMASOK

I didn't realise Factory was restricted, I've been in there with a 5 man team before and encountered other PMCs. I just thought it was 10-12 max.

GhostZ69

Factory has always been 6 man as far as I know.  We used to go in 5 man to do those stupid aggravating quests in there.  Always find the one PMC and kill him.

MNMatthew

On the Wiki it says 4-5 PMCs and I heard Nikita saying a couple weeks back that was what they changed it to, so I'm trying to get my facts straight. I know being complacent kills and should've been more careful, but I am more curious than anything.

Gideon_Kaine

From what I can tell - it is possible for you to actually end up with 10 PMCs on factory - even with the new reduction to 5 players.

I think it may be a bug, where the game grabs two 5man squads simultaneously and puts them in the same lobby - but I would assume that i could also happen with two 4 man groups, or any combination of squad numbers that puts it over the new 5 maximum

brian_fn
5 hours ago, Gideon_Kaine said:

From what I can tell - it is possible for you to actually end up with 10 PMCs on factory - even with the new reduction to 5 players.

I think it may be a bug, where the game grabs two 5man squads simultaneously and puts them in the same lobby - but I would assume that i could also happen with two 4 man groups, or any combination of squad numbers that puts it over the new 5 maximum

Can you explain or proof this somehow?

Gideon_Kaine
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, brian_fn said:

Can you explain or proof this somehow?

Unfortunately I didn't take screenshots or record gameplay so I can only give you what I have personally seen. Though it's pretty evident if you choose to believe me. So I went in with a 5 man squad three days ago. We took up on the convex bridge outside of three story office. Figured we would be alone for a bit - as the maximum was five players. 

We were killing Scavs and I see just out of the corner of my screen, back behind the large silo/tanks, see three guys running together. I figure it was Scav players - so I went down the metal stair case and popped out to shoot at them while my buddies gave me support from the catwalk above - we killed all three of them - lo and behold, dogtags. It was a squad of three PMCs - bringing the total to 8. So I assumed it had to be a bug of some sorts, it's only happened one other time aside from this that I can, through my word, say happened for sure - because other times I ended up dead and were unable to verify if they were PMCs or Scav Players by checking for Dogtags.

If it happens to me again, I will take screenshots with Dogtags in backpack so you can count them.

Edited by Gideon_Kaine

brian_fn
38 minutes ago, Gideon_Kaine said:

Unfortunately I didn't take screenshots or record gameplay so I can only give you what I have personally seen. Though it's pretty evident if you choose to believe me. So I went in with a 5 man squad three days ago. ...

Thanks, very interesting. From time to time we also go into factory with a 5 man team (quests), and when the rumors about the 5 player max came up, we thought, we are alone on the map. That was wrong, but in our case, it was only 1 PMC several times.

turbobear

Yeah they changed it to 4-5. And yes, the 6th person being able to join is a bug, Nikita said so.

• Upvote 1

Na0cho

Out of curiosity, and because all my friends think they are above it, how much money are you guys farming in a 5 man on factory? I know it depends on lucky scav drops but on average is it worth doing?  

There’s very little to almost no risk dying to player scavs if geared properly and even if one gets a lucky one Tap, your bro’s will just get your stuff or you’ll get it back in insurance. 

not sure if time/ money would be worth it and I would have to do some heavy convincing to get them to try. 

Gideon_Kaine
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Na0cho said:

Out of curiosity, and because all my friends think they are above it, how much money are you guys farming in a 5 man on factory? I know it depends on lucky scav drops but on average is it worth doing?  

There’s very little to almost no risk dying to player scavs if geared properly and even if one gets a lucky one Tap, your bro’s will just get your stuff or you’ll get it back in insurance. 

not sure if time/ money would be worth it and I would have to do some heavy convincing to get them to try. 

It's exactly what it is - luck.

Depends on the guns they have and loot they spawn with - but I have found labs key cards on scavs doing this. 
The scavs can also spawn with varying amount so cash on them. 5k, 10k, 45k, 50k

Bring in a large enough bag to grab multiple guns and even selling the shotguns/adars/aks you find can be a couple 100k.

I'm also pretty sure that player scavs can't spawn in until either A) A PMC has died (and that shouldn't happen as long as your team works together and doesn't do anything dumb) - or B) 10 Minutes have passed in raid. 

So essentially the safest way to do a 5man Factory run is to farm Scavs for 9 or so minutes, grab everything they've got - and then extract if you don't want to deal with player scavs.

Edited by Gideon_Kaine
Additional Information
  • Thanks 1