ShadowOS

No love for Solo players

ShadowOS

I enjoy everything about this game but I am tired of having to kill a group of 3 or more in order to survive a raid. All my friends don't have time or patience to play this game so I am stuck to playing  solo. So please and a solo / squad mode. This would literally make the game 100% more enjoyable for a lot of us. I would rather wait 10 min in queue than have to match another group. I just want to play and have fun, tired of having a disadvantage. 

• Like 1

JeffreyLF

Hamm
Posted (edited)

as a solo player i love going against duos or squads..you just need to have map awareness and listen for sound Qs if you know if theres broken glass or something on the ground / wood floors. the more you go against them the better youll get at outplaying them, cause you can just shoot everyone, if they arent good they will hesitate for a second to see if its there teammate or not

Edited by Hamm

drikfan

The choice of when and/or how to engage makes this game so exciting though. Sure, sometimes you get steamrolled but you do get better at it and even dying after taking 3 of a 4 man squad is a blast. 

RemedySeven
1 hour ago, Hamm said:

as a solo player i love going against duos or squads..you just need to have map awareness and listen for sound Qs if you know if theres broken glass or something on the ground / wood floors. the more you go against them the better youll get at outplaying them, cause you can just shoot everyone, if they arent good they will hesitate for a second to see if its there teammate or not

This..

Ricky-LaFleur

Hahaaaa anybody who says they love going against duos as a solo is lying to themselves or either they go against duos that have absolute trash tier gear and trash tier awareness/skill. You go against a solid 2 man team with good gear you're dead. Unless you get a lucky grenade off.

• Like 1

drikfan
13 minutes ago, Ricky-LaFleur said:

Hahaaaa anybody who says they love going against duos as a solo is lying to themselves or either they go against duos that have absolute trash tier gear and trash tier awareness/skill. You go against a solid 2 man team with good gear you're dead. Unless you get a lucky grenade off.

Thing is, like 50% of players are average. If you're a bit better than average, you can kill teams with smart play. 

• Upvote 1

DissAbledGamer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, drikfan said:

Thing is, like 50% of players are average. If you're a bit better than average, you can kill teams with smart play. 

This isn't pubg or Csgo... even if you go against 2 idiots, 2 (1 shot from each) shots to the arm and you're liekly dead or crippled enough where one or the other will end up getting you, making the whole raid = null. 

I have no problem getting kills, as my KD is 15... it's just retarded to constantly die to a team or cheater then have 1 good game not even break even only to lose couple more. Having to hatchet run to make up the profit liek SO MANY PEOPLE DO is retarded as hell. 

Edited by DissAbledGamer
  • Upvote 1

chrisragnar
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hamm said:

This always sounds good when you are saying it. But depending on other players incompetence in a game where evey seems very competent, is a bad strategy.

For OP:

Be creative

Iv been trying out alot of sniper, mostly reserve. Just bring a cheap VPO with a silencer and a pistol. Spend 2/3rds in towers just popping people. Then last few min go loot some the bodies on the way to manhole. Been really profitable and fun. Just dump your vpo in a tower when you go loot. Even if someone finds it they won't take it 😛

Edited by chrisragnar

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ricky-LaFleur said:

hahaaaa anybody who says they love going against duos as a solo is lying to themselves or either they go against duos that have absolute trash tier gear and trash tier awareness/skill. You go against a solid 2 man team with good gear you're dead. Unless you get a lucky grenade off.

There are diffrent ppl playing Tarkov.
There are solo players who kill 5 man squads.
There are solo playes who hide in corner of map
There are duaos who knows everything how their partner is playing.
There are duos who kill each other quite often.

And more.
The more ppl, the more confusion there is.

So because you cant kill duso/trios or even bigger squads, does not mean that others can't.
Been playing solo for 2-2.5 year, i was doing ok, not perfect, not horrible, just ok and i was learning for most of that time how should i play EFT :D.

15 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

This always sounds good when you are saying it. But depending on other players incompetence in a game where evey seems very competent, is a bad strategy.

And thats beutiful that you have no cause you have no clue vs who you play, how experienced he is, how many ppl in team :D
I.e. when i was playing solo and they added arm bandanas, i was always having one, quite a lot ppl added me and were saying that "my friend abandoned me and run isntead fighting" when there weas no friend ^^

Edited by Niewiarygodny
  • Upvote 2

chrisragnar
4 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

There are diffrent ppl playing Tarkov.
There are solo players who kill 5 man squads.
There are solo playes who hide in corner of map
There are duaos who knows everything how their partner is playing.
There are duos who kill each other quite often.

And more.
The more ppl, the more confusion there is.

So because you cant kill duso/trios or even bigger squads, does not mean that others can't.
Been playing solo for 2-2.5 year, i was doing ok, not perfect, not horrible, just ok and i was learning for most of that time how should i play EFT :D.

And thats beutiful that you have no cause you have no clue vs who you play, how experienced he is, how many ppl in team :D

I don't like chance or gamble, it sucks when you lose and it spoils the victory when you win 😛 so i tend to try and make as informed decisions as possible.

• Upvote 1

-Tkullberg-

After 700h ingame i can only talk for myself that i love being solo player. Backstabbing squads in their back with my lovely sniper. When run around like headless chickens :D

traumacode

I've killed a 5 man team a few times in 800 hours.  It's rare, it is possible though.  About playing solo, I really don't enjoy it that much now because if I don't run into other squads, I run into "tactical waiters" and extract campers which is off topic but still relevant as a solo player.  It really takes away the enjoyment when you only have 1 person to try and breach and clear choke points.

Thus I just play in squads now and found this game to be much more enjoyable.

Bjason1
11 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

For OP:

Be creative

Iv been trying out alot of sniper, mostly reserve. Just bring a cheap VPO with a silencer and a pistol. Spend 2/3rds in towers just popping people. Then last few min go loot some the bodies on the way to manhole. Been really profitable and fun. Just dump your vpo in a tower when you go loot. Even if someone finds it they won't take it 😛

lol yeah you and your VPO are killing players on reserve.  If you're going to BS actually try what you're BSing about first.  The only thing you're killing on reserve with a VPO are scavs bud.

chrisragnar
10 minutes ago, Bjason1 said:

lol yeah you and your VPO are killing players on reserve.  If you're going to BS actually try what you're BSing about first.  The only thing you're killing on reserve with a VPO are scavs bud.

Yeah its mostly scav players (alot of the time with raider loot tho), but iv got a couple of PMC's that stopped at very unfortunate places to loot. You have to realise im in a tower, they dont know im there and they are standing still, i just aim for their face.

Here is at least two but i know there were more but i think i turned them in for the "Friend from west"-quest where you have to kill USEC, i finished the last kills for that quest on reserve so i know there should be more USEC tags.

VPO-215.PNG

• Upvote 1

catfaceuwu

Sounds so realistic to life like how so many people have disadvantages and will never get ahead how will you overcome the experience alone. You can do it~ 

• Confused 1

DissAbledGamer

This game has too many challenges to go any further than this and the biggest challenge is the cheaters. The 1v4's are manageable if there weren't so many F'ing cheaters, but just right now I killed 3 out of the 4 in a 1v4 and the last guy decided to toggle and shot me in the eye through 2 layers of walls. I am uploading to report this jackass, but what is that going to do... absolutely NOTHING because he's A) not going to get banned and B) if he does he can just buy another account for some odd reason they allow these aholes to come back.