Sign in to follow this  
MouldyNuts

Stuck on Delivery from Past all wipe

MouldyNuts

Playing solo is already a challenge, but this quest just takes the god damn cake. I have been hard stuck on it for the whole wipe, and it makes me just want to quit this game and find something else to play. Every bloody time I get close to the delivery room I get rushed by duos/trios. When did factory become so sweaty, it used to be the place to learn how to play. Now it just feels like Call of Duty.

behi09ma

try night time raid

• Like 1

Kthelmir
Posted (edited)

Thats what queueing groups >2 with Solos gets you. And since Factory for the longest time was 6 players + x amount of scav players and now is 5 Players + x amount of scav players, a 5-man PMC group can farm it ad absurdum pretty much uncontested. 

Factory as a whole is a bad map. It had its purpose early on in the development cycle, but at this point it should long be integrated into customs as a onsite location.

The game is hard as is but i still hold that groups >2 should not be queued with solos. And to be frank about it, if players prefer to hunt solos in groups of 5 it shows what they are made of. The game is just as unpredicatble if you limit groups and solos to their respective queues. The only difference is that Solos that are not "Pestily & Friends" would finally have a fighting chance and not be dependend on stupid luck.

Addendum: I can hear the screeching REEEE! mob approaching fast so watch out for "This game is Hardcore & This game is ment to be played in a Team" Arguments. Not everyone can stomach the REDPILL.

Edited by Kthelmir

MouldyNuts

It's just really frustrating that all the Prapor quests are locked behind this damn quest, I have attempted to drop this package off approximately 10 times now. The last time a trio of lvl 40+ players all pinned and naded me to death. I am level 18 for gods sake. Is matchmaking with people my level too much to ask lol, there are enough players for all the high gear players to fight each-other, and let the scrubs catch up on these basic quests. 

chrisragnar

I say remove teams or lower to duos max. It's kinda weird that 5 man that already have pretty easy time also get to play factory easy peasy no suprise pve mode mode. 

MouldyNuts

The worse part of it all is having to go back to customs and get the package again and again. The office where the package lies is such a friggin hotspot for players with really nice gear to just spray me down, while i scream and retaliate with my crappy vpo

chrisragnar

Look for 4 ppl on official discord that want to farm factory and join with them and finish the quest and leave. That's my advice if you are having such unfortune

• Like 1

MouldyNuts
1 minute ago, chrisragnar said:

Look for 4 ppl on official discord that want to farm factory and join with them and finish the quest and leave. That's my advice if you are having such unfortune

I really don't enjoy using discord, and every team I have tried to join just kills me on spawn. Not falling for that for the 15th time

chrisragnar
Posted (edited)

Teamkilling I'm pretty sure is against the rules and the reason karma will be added. Going thru official discord I imagin you can report them, just save a picture of chat and record in-game. Other than that you'll have to just keep trying I guess.

Edited by chrisragnar

Kthelmir
Posted (edited)

Never join a team without being in a VOIP application with them.

Other than that i can only strongly recommend that you delay when playing customs. Find a defendable spot with the least amount of angles of attack and hold it down for 15 minutes to give the rest of the players time to eliminate each other and thin the field. After that slowly progress through the map. A good spot to lay low is behind 3 story Dorms in the high gras near the tent camp. Bring no backpack to have a shallow silhouette and just wait. Another good spot is on top of the garages behind Red Customs. There is a dumpster on the backside near the Tanker, use it to jump up top and go prone near some of the tire dumps.

When you are on factory there is 2 options. If you spawn near the quest area rush it directly go prone inside the shed and pray. If you spawn further off, delay like on Customs and hold down the fort. Try to not attract anyone and just chill for 5-10 minutes. Most of the fighting is over by then and you have a chance to get over to the shed with less opposition.

Edited by Kthelmir

TheHappyMile
Posted (edited)

that quest is hard and becomes harder the better equipped people are.

my go-to is hiding until a few minutes are left on the clock or go in with good equipment if it's early-wipe and slay your way through the pistol-players.

hiding becomes more hard the shorter raids are - 15 minutes factory is not really solo-friendly ^^

other ways as stated above are finding a team to cover you or try to do it in a night-run (use NV, probably hide). night-raid's advantage obviously is reduced thread by player-scavs

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Kthelmir:

rush it directly go prone inside the shed and pray

highly depends on what player/group spawns behind you. I died this wipe trying to do it that way xD

Edited by TheHappyMile

Zetmor
Posted (edited)

You can try night-time Factory ... but without NVG, just using flashlights, like a pair of it. SCAVs don't make a difference, and you'll blind PMCs on NVGs ... and if you move fast enough the flashlights wont be a disavantage actually. The main point being flashlights are rather cheap. And when in a corner waiting for a quest timer, you can go dark.

(actually happened to me that ANOTHER player entered the room, he was doing it in all dark, no lights no NVG ... he did not notice me at all lol ... I was still on my "place object" counter, and I killed him after 😛 lol)

Edited by Zetmor

BanditMaka

Yea I prefer solo as well, and this used to be a really tough one.
As has been said, night time is the way to go.
Maybe force yourself to run all your scavs on factory for a day, and just get comfortable on the map, then run your pmc and take it slow. Use comtacs, wait to hear shots and avoid.
Yeah it's harder later in to wipe for people being more geared, but it can be easier as well in that people aren't checking that spot constantly knowing someone will be on that task.

If you are really having trouble you can try play off peak your time, and although the players you do get will be sweatier you might not get a full lobby.

MouldyNuts

Got the case again, tried a night raid, got to the room, and there's a dude in there with a silenced m4 and night vision goggles on. Got deleted again, I guess i'm stuck with Prapor hating me for this wipe. 

Orcrist641

Don't despair! I'm a newb with a 23% survival rate, and I managed to get past it, though I'm now stuck on one of the later quests in there (getting the message from the dead body)

I ended up doing it with very basic gear after getting nuked multiple times with good gear until I was broke. Try the super cheep route: Get a glock or other basic pistol to take care of the odd scav, and Hail Mary into there. I found that having less apprehension due to losing gear helped me play more relaxed; of course the big problem with this one is having to go back to Customs if you fail...

All I can say is, you'll get lucky with your Factory lobby eventually. Now, the "farming" one, where you have to fix both control boards in much more exposed positions - that one almost made me give up 😛

MouldyNuts
8 hours ago, Orcrist641 said:

Don't despair! I'm a newb with a 23% survival rate, and I managed to get past it, though I'm now stuck on one of the later quests in there (getting the message from the dead body)

I ended up doing it with very basic gear after getting nuked multiple times with good gear until I was broke. Try the super cheep route: Get a glock or other basic pistol to take care of the odd scav, and Hail Mary into there. I found that having less apprehension due to losing gear helped me play more relaxed; of course the big problem with this one is having to go back to Customs if you fail...

All I can say is, you'll get lucky with your Factory lobby eventually. Now, the "farming" one, where you have to fix both control boards in much more exposed positions - that one almost made me give up 😛

If i could put the item up my prison wallet and not lose it every time I die in factory, it would be so infinitely less frustrating.

behi09ma
21 hours ago, MouldyNuts said:

Playing solo is already a challenge, but this quest just takes the god damn cake. I have been hard stuck on it for the whole wipe, and it makes me just want to quit this game and find something else to play. Every bloody time I get close to the delivery room I get rushed by duos/trios. When did factory become so sweaty, it used to be the place to learn how to play. Now it just feels like Call of Duty.

dude like i said before don't even bother yourself with finding more people for doing this quest. it's not big of a deal. i assume this is your first wipe doing the quests. just go night time raid and rush there if you have close spawn. you will do that in first attempt.