Sign in to follow this  
DwayneRaven

Gun stops shooting a.k.a. input problem

DwayneRaven

I am now facing an issue ever since I started with Tarkov.

During raids, sometimes when I full auto, my gun stops shooting. It is not caused by any lag, stutter, fps drop or anything that would performance wise, or visually, stop the game. It is fully random, and it is becoming super annoying, as I keep dying to this situation. 

I did some input checks, 1000 clicks, 1000 were registered, so there is no problem with mouse. I also see this occurring sometimes when I caps lock or press R, there is no input (no slow down, no reload). Which is not that bad, but not being able to shoot is total shi*.

At first, I thought this is a mouse problem, so I bought new one (unnecessarily). But the problem still occurs. 

Same issue here:
https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/63630-gun-stops-firing-in-full-auto-mode/page/4/
https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/121880-full-auto-stops-shooting/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGzoMf7NLgA

Devs? Any resolution? This is now on forums for 2 years and multiple users have problems.

BSG FIX PLS

• Like 1

ntlbeatz

i have this problem too, i bought new mouse couple a weeks ago and problem still exist.

ShiroTenshi

Best way to make sure it gets fixed is to submit bug reports with logs through the launcher. There are some bugs that BSG has not been able to reproduce, and if they can't reproduce them they can't track down the source. This is why the more logs the better.

walkr2

I have had this happened to me,

Notably the other day.. lead to my death, Ive also had no input when trying to toggle walk speeds too..
I have that one quiet frequent, unfortunately no luck when trying to recreate it.

I am going to submit with what I can, along with the recording later, If possible, I would ask the OP todo the same.

KiloNein

I think a lot of us have had this happen. Again, definitely has happened more this wipe.

I have it happen in about 1 in every 5 gunfights.

tobiassolem

This has happened for me as well. The times it happens is with the AKS-74U.

It's seemingly random as well.

KaelTheInvoker

I thought that BSG have updated the game with hidden jam mechanic. Absurd, maybe. 

• Sad 1

BanditMaka

I saw this happen to two people today on stream, same time. It wasn't a gun jam, durability thing. Thought it might be a server thing. Interesting tho, pray the cheaters don't have some lag switch 😅

BanditMaka

Yo today someone sent me a google search with links to an apparent lag switch for Tark, so maybe it was that. Devs help us all. Good luck with this one.

😟

xLostAndDamnedx
23 часа назад, KaelTheInvoker сказал:

I thought that BSG have updated the game with hidden jam mechanic. Absurd, maybe. 

nope,this issue been here for years and still not fixed

CoRRoNa

Happend to me as well. Doesnt matter which weapon. 

And i also noticed, it only stops when hitting a player char. Went Full Auto AS-Val around the corner and the first 10 Shots went straight in Full Auto, but the weapong stopped right after the first shot hit the other players chest.

Found out, its happening with all kinds of auto weapons.

Confirmed:

AKS, AK-74, M4, AS-Val, VSS, P90... so i guess its all full auto weapons

Caster89Actual

It is most certainly a desync server issue. I have noticed that when this started happening it’s like the quality of the net code dropped dramatically. Like 10 second long lag spikes where I hear footsteps move past me and someone teleports in front of me. Then I dump a 20 round mag of a PSx into their upper body and face and they walk away while I die.

i hope they do but I very much so doubt they will fix it in a timely manner. Get strapped in for a game breaker guys.