Keptas

Tarkov's future is bleak. (i think it will die in 2 years)

Keptas

Let me introduce my self - im new tarkov player like 20 hours (lvl 5), but i play fps like 25 years(q2,q3, unreal, cs, dayz, r6s to name a few). I'm not clueless noob because i watched a lot of gameplay and tutorials before buying it. This game meant to be hardcore and it should be about gameplay mechanics, but it isn't. Some quests are just plain stupid and huge grind and don't let me started on gun fights when you dump whole AK mag to player wearing tank armor and he dosn't even flinchn, but then he turns to me and kills in 1s with armor piercing ammo. It just caters to 1% no lifers -streamers who dictate whole game.  At this time tarkov has hype and i think it will reach peak at streets of tarkov release and then go in huge decline. Just imagine noob nightmare in 40 player map when geared gods pick them the like chicken ant statistically you have no chances of extraction. You will ask how i know that?  It has huge problem on  new player retention and when hype faids then new player pools stars to dry and then the money flow stops and developing stops too. It needs balancing system. Good example would be on gear level pools like t1-t2-t3 and would work like that t1 can meet t2, but very rerely t3 and so on.  I know that devs are very stuborn on that matter, but mark my words they will get this the hard way - when heads starts to roll...

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

HALLAH
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Keptas said:

Let me introduce my self - im new tarkov player like 20 hours (lvl 5), but i play fps like 25 years(q2,q3, unreal, cs, dayz, r6s to name a few). I'm not clueless noob because i watched a lot of gameplay and tutorials before buying it. This game meant to be hardcore and it should be about gameplay mechanics, but it isn't. Some quests are just plain stupid and huge grind and don't let me started on gun fights when you dump whole AK mag to player wearing tank armor and he dosn't even flinchn, but then he turns to me and kills in 1s with armor piercing ammo. It just caters to 1% no lifers -streamers who dictate whole game.  At this time tarkov has hype and i think it will reach peak at streets of tarkov release and then go in huge decline. Just imagine noob nightmare in 40 player map when geared gods pick them the like chicken ant statistically you have no chances of extraction. You will ask how i know that?  It has huge problem on  new player retention and when hype faids then new player pools stars to dry and then the money flow stops and developing stops too. It needs balancing system. Good example would be on gear level pools like t1-t2-t3 and would work like that t1 can meet t2, but very rerely t3 and so on.  I know that devs are very stuborn on that matter, but mark my words they will get this the hard way - when heads starts to roll...

Maybe you should try MapleStory. I heard the game is more forgiving to noobs and new players

Edited by HALLAH
  • Like 4
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

Keptas

You clearly didn't read my post. We can actualy compare tarkov to dayz very easily. Day z had huge ambitions and roadmaps, but didn't listen to community and was in forever beta state. When hype faided and new players dried too developers simple "realeased" it and forgot bout it. 

HALLAH
1 minute ago, Keptas said:

You clearly didn't read my post. We can actualy compare tarkov to dayz very easily. Day z had huge ambitions and roadmaps, but didn't listen to community and was in forever beta state. When hype faided and new players dried too developers simple "realeased" it and forgot bout it. 

I can't be bothered to read your gigantic 1 sentence post about how your walk in the park turned sour. The game is a work in progress other than infestation from china trash hackers.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Keptas

Typical fanboy argument when he has no real facts to say, but zealously defends  it's position :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Mrgurthbrooks

theres a door if you dont like it....... dont let it hit you in the back on your way out... theres tons of other games. if you dont like it, then move on. 

PardTheTroll

Well, that it is gonna die in a few years is being said for the last 2-3 years. Strange enough, while it is a bumpy ride, to put it nicely, it is far from dying. So, get in line, I suppose. You are not the first to preach this and not the last that is for sure.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1

tobiassolem

The huge influx of new players to Escape From Tarkov that do not understand the concept of the game leads to a lot of threads that mostly display a lack of understanding, and either are nothing but complete rants, or misguided attempts at trying to change the game into the basic recipe of every other game there is.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that need work, the game has faults with, for example its movement and there's  definitely some worry that there's simply too much left to be done within a reasonable enough time.

In spite of this, I think OP is wrong in his assumptions. And the reason why, is because there simply is no other game like Escape From Tarkov out there. There are so many carbon copies that get old quickly and die fast. So I can see where your idea comes from.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Orcrist641

It's pretty amazing all your previous experience and careful viewing of streams in advance didn't show you what a mere 20 hours of gameplay has.

I'm 200 hours in, and I still consider myself a newb here, and I barely feel like I've scratched the surface of the game. Yeah, there are definitely bugs - my stream viewing prepared me for that - but they are actually nothing compared to what e.g. the final release of Stalker had when it came out, and that was pure single player.

In any case, for me the thrill of  discovering stuff and learning the maps while staying alive as a solo player with bad equipment in maps surrounded by late wipe players who are all geared up is still keeping me hooked. Otherwise I would... stop playing.

lls

You won't stay a low level noob forever though. When this game does release and if there is no  seasonal wipes or anything like that..then you will eventually hit the flea/auction level and unlock all you need anyway. It may take some time but even as an ultra casual it would be inevitable. So in the end everyone would balance out and it would be more based on skill.

I find the low level vs high level more of a right of passage thing that everyone goes through. I would like to see traders in the field so no more Amazon delivery for PMC anymore. Then it would bbe nice if they can remove the whole questing system and make all unlocked from lvl 1 with your $$ being what matters. This is how it will be in 6-8 months of 1.0 launch so why bother with the fluff.

rvn01

It very much depends on several factors (investors reaction to huge influx of players, ability to fix netcode and other various core mechanics...)

I agree with the observation that "hardcore" games, either dry up on playerbase or "convert" into a shitty casual product. This is usually a factor of the game having high skillcap with stacked odds for the veterans (MMO's with insane grinds or games like quake with very high skillcap)

On other hands there are flight sims and such staying afloat wich are far from casual friendly, so maybe tarkov will end up doing fine in a similar way.

rvn01
6 minutes ago, HALLAH said:

? All your post was about crying. Wah wah wah! I got killed! This game will die! People will leave and this game is dead because people like me suck! Wah wah!.

You're free to quit. Won't be missed.

*I play FPS for 25 years. Against, what, bots or 3 year olds?
*Wah wah wah!!! I'm level 5 and already complaining about the game! Wah wah! I shot a high level guy with PS ammo and he didn't die!!! WaH!! game suck! it will die in 2 Years!"

MapleStory is a good alternative. 

You dont think he might have seen a few games die over those 25 years?

• Like 1

Keptas
Posted (edited)

Guys i'm not complaining that i have rough start and yes i'm noob. Actualy i mostly try to learn maps, just loot and extract and avoid confrontations as possible. What i don't get that there is a lot situations when it's imposble to win. I have good mechanical aim, but when you dump AK rounds in the head he doesn't die of his op armor it just plain stupid.  It feels so arcady because no helmet can protect from AK rounds unless it's lucky ricochet. And for quests...  prapor delivery quest it' just imposible to do alone unless you are so lucky like wining jackpot. It just bad game desing. Good loot spawns(for instance customs dorms) are always protected by geared squads and so on. I like a challenge, but tarkov feels like more arcade shooter with some players having imbalanced level advantage than hardcore skill game.

Edited by Keptas
correction

lls
3 minutes ago, Keptas said:

Guys i'm not complaining that i have rough start and yes i'm noob. Actualy i mostly try to learn maps, just loot and extract and avoid confrontations as possible. What i don't get that there is a lot situations when it's imposble to win. I have good mechanical aim, but when you dump AK rounds in the head he doesn't die of his op armor it just plain stupid.  It feels so arcady because no helmet can protect from AK rounds unless it's lucky ricochet. And for quests...  prapor delivery quest it' just imposible to do alone unless you are so lucky like wining jackpot. It just bad game desing. Good loot spawns(for instance customs dorms) are always protected by geared squads and so on. I like a challenge, but tarkov feels like more arcade shooter with some players having imbalanced level advantage than hardcore skill game.

They say since the start this game is meant for team play. You want to play solo then you have a constant uphill battle. You chose your destiny :)

Stick with it man soon you will get over the hump and it will be just another shooter. Especially if you OG.

Keptas

It should be a skill game - where aim, recoil control and movement play a huge part, but not meta builds.  And i don't have anything against squads, but i don't have one and i guess im not the only one. It's all fun and cool when you can hunt noobs and solos, but when that player base dries down. What then?

Van_Hellspit

They were saying this on the forums 2 years ago, and here we are, Tarkov bigger than ever.

1 hour ago, Keptas said:

Also the 'core' community wnats this game to get harder, which it sure will. The quests are an easy enough grid.

lls
14 minutes ago, Keptas said:

It should be a skill game - where aim, recoil control and movement play a huge part, but not meta builds.  And i don't have anything against squads, but i don't have one and i guess im not the only one. It's all fun and cool when you can hunt noobs and solos, but when that player base dries down. What then?

I don't think you have the right crowd in mind bud.

We like it for the same reason you do. Superior gun mechanics, modifications, that feeling you get the second you spawn in raid that poo is for real. Just hearing a twig snap can send you into an adrenaline frenzy. Only this game has succeeded in that in my life..and ive played em all since wolfenstein. Granted it fades as you get better but it still remains the best shooter there is..even with it's problems.

TheHappyMile
vor 25 Minuten schrieb Keptas:

It should be a

your problem is, that you want it to be something you like. 

while dev's and at least the players that get into it very early on want another vision of this game.

as tobias wrote - there's lot of things to be fixed. and I ensure you, I do not like the way they handle recoil for example. I dislike having a "meta". but you know what - those things hopefully will change - simply do not expect it within the next months...

but do not try to join a game you do not understand completly, that's in development for half a decade just to change it to your vision with 25h of playtime.

KaelTheInvoker
Posted (edited)

In my opinion, one of the important problems right now is major mismatch between the fundamental idea of the game and the current realisation of gameplay.

While the game was supposed to be a realistic and real-economics based shooter, now the game is the opposite of what was intended. And everything would be fine, but the developers do not take any measures to implement the planned mechanics. 

Instead of introducing the things promised from alpha (radiation, jamming weapons, lively traders economy, for example), developers are engaged in endless input of content that can be entered later. Why do we need  mods for 1911, that is not used in the game? Stationary weapons, which spent a huge amount of development resources, but not used in raid process at all? 

It's really strange and irrational for me.

Edited by KaelTheInvoker
  • Like 1

chrisragnar
2 hours ago, rvn01 said:

You dont think he might have seen a few games die over those 25 years?

There is probably more doubt he has lived 25 years..

• Like 1
  • Hot 1

chrisragnar
45 minutes ago, KaelTheInvoker said:

In my opinion, one of the important problems right now is major mismatch between the fundamental idea of the game and the current realisation of gameplay.

While the game was supposed to be a realistic and real-economics based shooter, now the game is the opposite of what was intended. And everything would be fine, but the developers do not take any measures to implement the planned mechanics. 

Instead of introducing the things promised from alpha (radiation, jamming weapons, lively traders economy, for example), developers are engaged in endless input of content that can be entered later. Why do we need  mods for 1911, that is not used in the game? Stationary weapons, which spent a huge amount of development resources, but not used in raid process at all? 

It's really strange and irrational for me.

Does anyone actually want weapon jamming? Also it's probably not the same dev working on attachments and radiation.

traumacode
3 hours ago, Keptas said:

You clearly haven't been playing games for 25 years.  If you were, you'd realize that you should go for headshots, not armor shots.  A level 1 can and will kill a level 70 player with a well placed headshot.

/thread

ACuddlyBadger
13 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Does anyone actually want weapon jamming? Also it's probably not the same dev working on attachments and radiation.

Yes. This is Tarkov, not a run and gun arcade FPS where everything works. In fact this is where I think manually operated weapons should shine. Bolt actions and pump actions don't care about what type of ammo they are fed as long as it is to dimension. They don't care about gas system pressure. I would take a bolt action 7.62x39 if I had to choose between a bolt action or a cheap rattling old full auto AKM. I think the low level full autos and experimental ammo like M995/Igolnik should have a higher chance to jam, it would punish the aggressive close range full auto faceshot meta and give manual weapons a reliable nature, especially early wipe.

TechoverMana
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrisragnar said:

Does anyone actually want weapon jamming?

Yes. Just a realistic version of it. If it's just like Far Cry 2 or STALKER where after 3-4 mags your gun is acting like it's got bubble gum in the works, or just based entirely on weird RNG mechanics that someone pulled out of their posterior, then no.

If it's based on mean time between failures based on technical documentation of the weapon and ammo and regularity of maintenance, demonstrations or tests, many guns would still  be able to fire off hundreds, even thousands of rounds between cleanings before any sort of failure or even noticeable performance decrease would happen, or even hundreds of rounds of continuous mag dumping before ROF starts to drop or the bolts start sticking, often far more ammo than anyone carries with them.

Edited by TechoverMana

Salted1337
Posted (edited)

Why do you guys want uncontrollable mechanics? Why do you guys want to have RNG mechanics? Wouldn't you rather want more refined and controllable mechanics? Sure weapon jams may have a place in this game, however, it should be thoroughly planned out. Because otherwise it's going to be a mess and in my opinion jams should depend on the weapon durability considering weapon durability is being used for duck all currently.

Edited by Salted1337