Keptas

Tarkov's future is bleak. (i think it will die in 2 years)

GymTime

If they add something as realistic as weapon jams, then I really hope they make the bullet damage realistic. Its weird having so many realistic gun mechanics, yet many rounds feel like you're shooting nerf darts.

short_FUZE
9 hours ago, Keptas said:

Let me introduce some absolute garbage....

You should go a create a better game if you think you can and leave your crappy, negative posts off these forums.

Honestly, if you don't like the game, don't play it. Go find something else and leave us alone.

• Sad 1

Yeavo
Posted (edited)

I don't think BSG should deviate too far from their vision of "hardcore" but new player experience could use a bit tweaking and even lvl 1 noobs should have access to ammo that can penetrate armor (maybe have them limited and increase the amount you can buy per loyalty level?)

Would that make them game easier? No. Quite the opposite. But for some reason it seems the "hardcore" crowd is opposed to making the game harder for everyone and only advocate making the game harder for noobs. This is what I would consider "gatekeeping".

One example of "hardcore" crowd gate keeping is the mosin hate. Some people seem to think level 1 that knows what he is doing shouldn't be allowed to take out level 40 thicc boy, ever. Not even if the weapon in question is a bolt action with ridiculous reload times.

Edited by Yeavo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

GymTime
47 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

I don't think BSG should deviate too far from their vision of "hardcore" but new player experience could use a bit tweaking and even lvl 1 noobs should have access to ammo that can penetrate armor (maybe have them limited and increase the amount you can buy per loyalty level?)

Would that make them game easier? No. Quite the opposite. But for some reason it seems the "hardcore" crowd is opposed to making the game harder for everyone and only advocate making the game harder for noobs. This is what I would consider "gatekeeping".

One example of "hardcore" crowd gate keeping is the mosin hate. Some people seem to think level 1 that knows what he is doing shouldn't be allowed to take out level 40 thicc boy, ever. Not even if the weapon in question is a bolt action with ridiculous reload times.

This is exactly why they were complaining about Mosins.

I think gunplay should be based on skill, with a slight advantage with armor/gear. But hardcore/high-level players should not be nearly invincible to lower players just "because its not fair they get killed with 1 million worth of gear from a naked guy with a Mosin"

Anyone should be able to kill anyone. They already have an advantage with their M4 with a drum mag vs a one-shot, slow firing weapon.

Caster89Actual

I agree with OP. Player base is going to dry up if the team working on it let their heads up for air and sunshine.

• Like 1

skyflashde
vor 8 Stunden schrieb traumacode:

You clearly haven't been playing games for 25 years.  If you were, you'd realize that you should go for headshots, not armor shots.  A level 1 can and will kill a level 70 player with a well placed headshot.

If you were even 25 years old you would realize that headshots didnt even EXIST in early FPS games.

I am playing FPS games now for 35 years and most FPS games I played didnt even have the concept of a headshot. It just didnt matter where you shot people, it was all the same.

Headshots were a later addition to the FPS genre.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Keptas

And forgot to add one important statement on how i bought tarkov in in the first place. Half a year ago my friend started playing it and wanted to join him, but at that time i didn't have time for it. So half year later i bought it to make to surprise for him and guess what? He doesn't play it anymore of the problems i stated earlier. So i started to play and saw the same issues he stated earlier. 

One important parallel between dayz and tarkov is developer road map and goals. They are not addressing important features  and core mechanics, but adding more bloat. I saw they are planing to add  thousands new weapon mods. It was the same with dayz when they started to add gardening and similar poo, but core mechanics remained broken. Developers just promising that some magical day it will work out, but that magical day never comes once money dries out. 

There is another matter - cheaters. I saw several streamers who were playing very suspiciously. Like sprinting all the time and clearing whole buildings with sixth sense ability. And yes there are super human players like shroud whom i know from CS days, but he plays very differently.  

So basically streamers hyping this game, developers sell shitload of copies with no real anti cheat measures and it's recipe for disaster. How long tarkov is in open beta? Like 3 years and it's has fundamental flaws then it will stay the same. Same pyramid scheme like dayz was. Just milk as long you can and when money dries just release it 1.0 and few cash grab DLS's and be done with it. 

• Thanks 1

BESK

What bothers me is the elitists that always plays the "Its a hardcore game, deal with it!".

Hardcore would be that every player played with zero stuff in their inventory from the start and that there was no magic box where you can hide stuff from other players. If your arm or what ever is blown of it stays off until next raid. Flea market? Forget that. If you want it, you find it.

But would that be Fun?

Tarkov is a fun game with a shitload of weapon mods. There is no other game like it. But its still a game. Agree to OP that most of the quests is just achivements. Kill X players with X weapon from X away. Pick up X items and give them to X. etc.

40 player map? I hope thats just a rumor considering the netcode and server capacity.

"Elitists" and Boehemia killed DayZ thats for sure. Still waiting for the Real 1.0.

• Like 1

Yeavo
34 minutes ago, BESK said:

Hardcore would be that every player played with zero stuff in their inventory from the start and that there was no magic box where you can hide stuff from other players. If your arm or what ever is blown of it stays off until next raid. Flea market? Forget that. If you want it, you find it.

Imagine not having SC to protect those precious keys of yours or anyother items. So anyone could just kill you and loot your keys, ammo stacks, meds or whatever. Now that'd be hardcore.

I know this game was sold with the sales pitch of having a secure container as a crutch (and removing it could even lead to lawsuits) but I really think this game would be both more hardcore and fair if there wasn't a safe way to store all those precious items at all. You'd really have to think and plan ahead before going to a raid and calculate what you must bring in and what you dare to lose. Gearfear on a whole new level.

• Like 1

oldschool15
Posted (edited)

some of the quest are.... bad imo

killing pmcs at close range with a mosin, shotgun on woods these weapons are niche and being forced to use them out of their niche has killed my desire to play. It wouldnt be so bad if i wasnt trying to use these weapons day after day but im feeling burnt out for the first time in 270 hours, maybee its just the 65 hours ive played on vacation this week idk

I think these type of quests should be side quests or achievements and not part of the main line for unlocking critical gear(5.45BT)

Edited by oldschool15
constructive idea addition

Salted1337
1 hour ago, Yeavo said:

You'd really have to think and plan ahead before going to a raid and calculate what you must bring in and what you dare to lose. Gearfear on a whole new level.

Plan ahead you mean 90% of the playerbase will be sitting in a bush for the first 20 minutes of the raid? Campers, extract campers, rats, people with really cheap gear would quadruple with a change like that. PvP would be scarce. Close to none. Raids would be completely dead. RMT demand would reach a new level and would result in a situation even worse from what it is now.

As much as you want it to be more hardcore, with the current given situation, it is just not viable. Yes, this game was advertised as realistic, but going completely realistic is just not the solution. We've deviated from that point since Nikita decided to do Twitch drops.

traumacode
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, skyflashde said:

If you were even 25 years old you would realize that headshots didnt even EXIST in early FPS games.

I am playing FPS games now for 35 years and most FPS games I played didnt even have the concept of a headshot. It just didnt matter where you shot people, it was all the same.

Headshots were a later addition to the FPS genre.

Nice deflection, but the truth exists that this game, escape from tarkov, has headshots.  Maybe in your 35 years of gaming it's time for you to get with the times and aim for the head.  You won't do well aiming for the body in this game which was the original point of my post.  Good luck to you in all your infinite wisdom.  I am older than 25 but thank you for your ad hominem attempt and subsequent failure.

Edited by traumacode
  • Sad 1

skyflashde
Gerade eben schrieb traumacode:

I am older than 25 but thanks for trying to ad hominem and subsequent fail.

Maybe, but you are still inexperienced in the FPS genre compared to people that actually were there when it started.

traumacode
Just now, skyflashde said:

Maybe, but you are still inexperienced in the FPS genre compared to people that actually were there when it started.

Still an irrelevant comment.  You're still ignoring the fact that because a video game was played a certain way decades ago that those rule sets would still apply to today's game/technology.  In the end, you can keep doing what you're doing but don't expect you will be successful or come to the forums complaining that your way isn't working if you aren't open to the idea of doing things differently.

skyflashde
vor 23 Minuten schrieb traumacode:

In the end, you can keep doing what you're doing but don't expect you will be successful or come to the forums complaining that your way isn't working if you aren't open to the idea of doing things differently.

Just that I am successful.

BanditMaka

lol someone dig up the posts from 2 years ago saying this ish 😴

Niewiarygodny
19 hours ago, Keptas said:

Typical fanboy argument

Well your whole topic is typical kid who bought game without reading what he is buying, a person who bought it because "it looked cool on twitch or video" and now is suprsied that it's diffrent than he thinked.
Oh you watched some guides and tutorials? Cool, you know few % more than new players.
Because watching video about something is totally diffrent than playing and actually using it in game.

• Upvote 1

Bjason1
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Keptas said:

And forgot to add one important statement on how i bought tarkov in in the first place. Half a year ago my friend started playing it and wanted to join him, but at that time i didn't have time for it. So half year later i bought it to make to surprise for him and guess what? He doesn't play it anymore of the problems i stated earlier. So i started to play and saw the same issues he stated earlier. 

One important parallel between dayz and tarkov is developer road map and goals. They are not addressing important features  and core mechanics, but adding more bloat. I saw they are planing to add  thousands new weapon mods. It was the same with dayz when they started to add gardening and similar poo, but core mechanics remained broken. Developers just promising that some magical day it will work out, but that magical day never comes once money dries out. 

There is another matter - cheaters. I saw several streamers who were playing very suspiciously. Like sprinting all the time and clearing whole buildings with sixth sense ability. And yes there are super human players like shroud whom i know from CS days, but he plays very differently.  

So basically streamers hyping this game, developers sell shitload of copies with no real anti cheat measures and it's recipe for disaster. How long tarkov is in open beta? Like 3 years and it's has fundamental flaws then it will stay the same. Same pyramid scheme like dayz was. Just milk as long you can and when money dries just release it 1.0 and few cash grab DLS's and be done with it. 

Bro I think you just suck and you're all bitter you lost your gear.  That's what makes this game fun for some of us.  If you don't enjoy a challenge, there are plenty of other games to play.  CS:GO and COD may be more up your alley.  In those games being the fastest on the mouse is the measure of skill.  This game is nothing like that.  It's about being tactical and being smarter than your enemies.  It's also like an MMO, where investing time does give you better gear that makes it harder for other players to kill you.  That's the point.  If you want a fair and even playing ground for every player then 99% of the current FPS out there do just that.

Also if you shot someone in the head several times with PS, unless they were wearing an atlyn or vulcan, they are dead.  And if they were wearing that, well they chose to spend prob 1 mil+ on a set of gear, which they earned playing smart.  It's their reward.  And it's also a huge risk.  Some noob with mosin and a good shot will decimate that atlyn and poof, all that money and gear is gone.

Go take some time to look at ammo damage and pen charts (nofoodaftermidnight has a good one).  After that you won't be using PS anymore.

Edited by Bjason1

Keptas
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bjason1 said:

Bro I think you just suck and you're all bitter you lost your gear.  That's what makes this game fun for some of us.  If you don't enjoy a challenge, there are plenty of other games to play.  CS:GO and COD may be more up your alley.  In those games being the fastest on the mouse is the measure of skill.  This game is nothing like that.  It's about being tactical and being smarter than your enemies.  It's also like an MMO, where investing time does give you better gear that makes it harder for other players to kill you.  That's the point.  If you want a fair and even playing ground for every player then 99% of the current FPS out there do just that.

Also if you shot someone in the head several times with PS, unless they were wearing an atlyn or vulcan, they are dead.  And if they were wearing that, well they chose to spend prob 1 mil+ on a set of gear, which they earned playing smart.  It's their reward.

Go take some time to look at ammo damage and pen charts (nofoodaftermidnight has a good one).  After that you won't be using PS anymore.

LOL maybe read what i said earlier. I played it all(QUAKE, UNREAL, CS,  DAYZ, RAINBOW SIX, and so on) except COD because it's children game, but actually i saw tarkov streamers at max level  and gear playing like cod, just running and gunning without recoil.  

Yes,  i died a little bit, but it's just learning process, but i have money and guns. Just waiting for lvl 10 so i could sell on the market (it's near 2 million worth).

What i'm saying that this game has serious design and balance problems. Good example was today when i put whole PP-91 Kedr clip with armor piercing ammo at point blank range and player didn't die because he had op armor and helmet.  It's so arcadey that it's beyond belief.  No helmet exists that can block spray of bullets. Even if  bullets could not penetrate your brain would be to turned to mush from concussions.  Ultra geared players playing like with god mode and very rarely die.  If you call it hardcore then LOL. 

Edited by Keptas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bjason1
3 hours ago, Keptas said:

LOL maybe read what i said earlier. I played it all(QUAKE, UNREAL, CS,  DAYZ, RAINBOW SIX, and so on) except COD because it's children game, but actually i saw tarkov streamers at max level  and gear playing like cod, just running and gunning without recoil.  

Yes,  i died a little bit, but it's just learning process, but i have money and guns. Just waiting for lvl 10 so i could sell on the market (it's near 2 million worth).

What i'm saying that this game has serious design and balance problems. Good example was today when i put whole PP-91 Kedr clip with armor piercing ammo at point blank range and player didn't die because he had op armor and helmet.  It's so arcadey that it's beyond belief.  No helmet exists that can block spray of bullets. Even if  bullets could not penetrate your brain would be to turned to mush from concussions.  Ultra geared players playing like with god mode and very rarely die.  If you call it hardcore then LOL. 

You shouldn't use a kedr with AP ammo because that ammo sucks.  If you are going to use kedr then use sp7 and shoot for the legs.  This is literally just you being a noob and not understanding the game man.  Quit griping and do some research.

• Sad 1

Keptas

Updated review (130 hours in the game):

This game has good moments, but for most of the time it sucks and yes it will die in a few years.

It's not hardcore, but just grindy loooter shooter. There are no real content, no dynamic missions or factions. 

Map design is mostly bad because of crowded spawns and quest locations. What idiot thought that it was good idea to make quest items location on high loot areas(near marked rooms or resort and don't forget about factory). Woods is absolute trash map and after few quests i abandoned it. Most missions i did was at night with night vision and playing like rat, because i got tired of dying for hours to do some basic task. It's just bad game design.

Game economy is not existent because either you are chad and loaded with cash or you just struggling.  Good ammo is very expensive and for most players it's not an option when a full mag costs 30k alone. 

It's matter of time till casual move away and this game will be dead.

And i highly doubt that bsg magical will fix all that in the future. What they are adding just maps, weapons and other eye candy and more promises. 

• Sad 1

inabearsuit
Posted (edited)

Unless either A) BSG fixes this mess or B) the people making mods for SPT come up with some innovative ideas... We can kiss EFT goodbye.

Plus, Dead Matter and STALKER 2 will slake my apocalyptic, first-person thirst.

Edited by inabearsuit
  • Like 1

Morgulis_RatMan
On 7/9/2020 at 9:33 PM, Keptas said:

Let me introduce my trashcan like quality perception of the game.....

Your point is so wrong.

High risk situations, anxiety, the fear of loosing gear, creates an adrénaline rush, when pvp win / getting loot, much like a drug to the body, and thus is and will remain addictive to a lot of players.

Now how can a video game makes ur heart beat so fast? IMO, i never felt this in front of a computer, this game is unique and i think that this is what is keeping peoples coming back to a raid, even after loosing 1m. To sum it up his game as a long life ahead. Deal with it.

Morgulis_RatMan
Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 9:33 PM, Keptas said:

Let me introduce my trashcan like quality perception of the game.....

And i should add that you not being good at the game, doesnt allow you to rent multiples times about the game.

U could have just stoped playing it and moved, actually just do that we dont need your pointless rant, that wont chang anyting anyways

or idk ur just looking for attention ? well then GIT GUD OR UNINSTALL. there u go.

Edited by Morgulis_RatMan

CandyWrapper
5 hours ago, Keptas said:

Updated review (130 hours in the game):

This game has good moments, but for most of the time it sucks and yes it will die in a few years.

It's not hardcore, but just grindy loooter shooter. There are no real content, no dynamic missions or factions. 

Map design is mostly bad because of crowded spawns and quest locations. What idiot thought that it was good idea to make quest items location on high loot areas(near marked rooms or resort and don't forget about factory). Woods is absolute trash map and after few quests i abandoned it. Most missions i did was at night with night vision and playing like rat, because i got tired of dying for hours to do some basic task. It's just bad game design.

Game economy is not existent because either you are chad and loaded with cash or you just struggling.  Good ammo is very expensive and for most players it's not an option when a full mag costs 30k alone. 

It's matter of time till casual move away and this game will be dead.

And i highly doubt that bsg magical will fix all that in the future. What they are adding just maps, weapons and other eye candy and more promises. 

If you don't like the game, what do you care if it dies? Just move on. You've made your point once. Or can we expect another rant how you hate the game after another 100 hours of playtime?