xMeliodis

Garbage extraction sights

xMeliodis

I just started this game and i feel like im back in school having to do hours of research for a maybe answer.... i cant even get to a ducking extraction point because i dont know what they look like and ive watched video after video. there needs to be makers for these extraction sights or a ducking tutorial that shows how to atleast start playing the game... this game is hoping that the internet will keep it alive... if we didnt have the internet to look up 99% of the content in this game, this game would be nothing and lost interest for most people.. ive had the game for legit one day and ive played maybe 2 hours total. while ive watched 10+ hours just to get an idea of how to play... i understand you guys are going for a different more extreme game style and feeling of game. but you need to understand that this game will die... its TO hard for just trying to pick it up and start to learn... there is no learning phase (in-game), you have to look poo up on the internet or youre fucked... and the healing poo. like there is so much, sooooo much to learn. like i have played many FPS games, and none even come close to how ridiculously hard this game is for no reason. they want it to be so realistic, and you cant even break ducking windows like idk who thinks that these are good ideas but no wonder you guys havae been in beta for 3 almost 4 years................ 

• Sad 4

Harvg123

Nothing like a newbie saying

4 hours ago, xMeliodis said:

no wonder you guys havae been in beta for 3 almost 4 years

Its a hard game, learn it! You wouldn't be able to compete in an open-entry chess tournament against mixed skill players after been playing for a week so don't expect this to be different!

chrisragnar
Posted (edited)

What map are you starting with? Customs should be reasonable fast to learn the extracts.

But obviously it's like almost all tasks in life. You are not born with it, ya have to learn it. It's scary if people think they are done learning because the finished elementary school.

Edited by chrisragnar

chrisragnar

If you want a game that you can just pick up and be pretty much as good as everyone els right of the bat just play battlefield, any of them.

• Sad 1

oldschool15
Posted (edited)

-watch a guide on cutoms map, just to get a very ruff feel for cardinal directions and where main extracts are

-play for a few days in offline mode on customs with a map from the wiki open on your browser so you can alt tab to look at it, you can even keep the enemies off the first few runs till you know the two main extracts

-once you can easily know where your current location is and about where you need to go, only then you should try online

-proceed to watch a factory map guide from youtube, then do a few runs in offline mode on factory, and then start using your scav on factory online to get a feel for the map. finally you know the map well enough to use your pmc online for factory

-continue this process to woods, interchange, shoreline, then reserve. (i would suggest that order)

Once you become confident in the map layouts you may start looking up more detailed loot guides on those maps.

this was my strategy having purchased 2 days before the wipe and it has worked out well(it took me about a month, still havent touched reserve)

Edited by oldschool15
  • Like 2

Thormato
Posted (edited)

This is the ingame Costums Map

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.76cc89285796b8f5e389bb119b75f4cf.png

Not to hard to find 3 Extracts just by looking at it, if you have just somewhat of a brain: Trailerpark, Crossroads and Old Gaststation
Exploring the Map you will find small Bunkers: Zb-012 and ZB-011 adding 1+1 you can find out, oh look they are extracts
Same goes for the RUAF Roadblock, its a Military Roadblock, not hard to find
And there is 2 possiblities where the Boat is, left or right site of the river, go stand on the bridge and you will see it
and oh look i found all this information by using ingame stuff
So no you dont need the internet, you just dont want to play the game, you want to finish the game without doing anything

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.a285f9c98c8423d214ad330eadc5dff9.png

And you needing hours of research to find out where the extracts shows what kind of person you are...
You need exactly 5-15s depending on your internet speed

They even have pictures of the extract, amazing hö?

Spoiler

grafik.png.5f28cb899aa9570ac4d16a12f9a438a4.png

grafik.png.9f135fbbb350bf3a4d8ac06a8136f1e3.png

More than 200k Player managed to be smart enough to find stuff out by themself, but because someone like you cant do it, the game will die, you are pathetic and hillarious at the same time
If there would be an Tutorial, it would last for atleast 10 Hours befor they could teach you everything
You would cry so loud if that would be the case, because "Why do i have to play a tutorial for so long"
This game is meant to be explored and that you find out stuff by yourself, the internet works against that and it is your own fault if you use it

Edited by Thormato
  • Like 1
  • Hot 1

ACuddlyBadger

Press O twice dipstick. Extracts in this game are relatively easy. Extracts should not be a right because you won a firefight, they should not be listed either, only shown through the game environment itself. You are playing this game like its purpose is to be a run of the mill looter shooter with a stash mechanic, its not supposed to be that. its that way for testing purposes for the later story mechanics. 

• Like 1

chrisragnar

Instead of wasting time in offline I support using your scav runs on maps you want to learn

pwnt0r

Just wait, By the time you get decent at the game you will realize desync and peekers advantage add much more excitement to the experience.

This game hits you in phases of abuse, most of which are not fun. This is not a game to take seriously; in its condition it forces that as an impossibility. 

traumacode

Best advice I have for you is play a few rounds offline and learn the map.  Look for big structures on the map once you load in to orient yourself while looking at one of the player made maps on another screen/phone if you have it.  You will quickly learn the extracts this way.

• Like 1

oldschool15
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pwnt0r said:

Just wait, By the time you get decent at the game you will realize desync and peekers advantage add much more excitement to the experience.

This game hits you in phases of abuse, most of which are not fun. This is not a game to take seriously; in its condition it forces that as an impossibility. 

I know people who take texas holdem seriously, i see no difference here:)

Edited by oldschool15

pwnt0r
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oldschool15 said:

I know people who take texas holdem seriously, i see no difference here:)

Except the dealer Isn't dealing your cards all face up and changing its mind half way through handing you a 3 instead of an Ace. 

Edited by pwnt0r
insert quote

Caster89Actual
Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 12:25 AM, xMeliodis said:

I just started this game and i feel like im back in school having to do hours of research for a maybe answer.... i cant even get to a ducking extraction point because i dont know what they look like and ive watched video after video. there needs to be makers for these extraction sights or a ducking tutorial that shows how to atleast start playing the game... this game is hoping that the internet will keep it alive... if we didnt have the internet to look up 99% of the content in this game, this game would be nothing and lost interest for most people.. ive had the game for legit one day and ive played maybe 2 hours total. while ive watched 10+ hours just to get an idea of how to play... i understand you guys are going for a different more extreme game style and feeling of game. but you need to understand that this game will die... its TO hard for just trying to pick it up and start to learn... there is no learning phase (in-game), you have to look poo up on the internet or youre fucked... and the healing poo. like there is so much, sooooo much to learn. like i have played many FPS games, and none even come close to how ridiculously hard this game is for no reason. they want it to be so realistic, and you cant even break ducking windows like idk who thinks that these are good ideas but no wonder you guys havae been in beta for 3 almost 4 years................ 

Watch some streams. If you watch worrun you will see multiple extractions in a 20 minuet span.

edit: and I disagree I think the game is to easy.

yeah it’s hard at the start and there are innumerable amounts of bugs that are frustrating but all in all getting rich is wwwwwaaaayyyyyy to easy.

Edited by Caster89Actual

Uncley

I feel for the writer of this node.

For new players it is very hard to detect extraction points, as they usually not differ at all comparing to other backround graphics.

What bad will happen if ectract points were marked with something; A door, luminated circle or with a tiny rainbow.

• Like 1

oldschool15
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, pwnt0r said:

Except the dealer Isn't dealing your cards all face up and changing its mind half way through handing you a 3 instead of an Ace. 

Now imagine you can ante for a quarter of the cost without significantly reducing your odds and still getting the same same pot. Thats the game I'll play, quarter ante bout the same odds

Edited by oldschool15
  • Sad 1

RemedySeven
Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 12:25 AM, xMeliodis said:

This game is obviously not for you, and to assume the game will die simply because you do not like it is just stupid. Everyone that is playing now was just as confused and lost as you at one point and they took time to learn the game because they wanted to play a challenging game. 

Edited by RemedySeven
  • Upvote 1