Sign in to follow this  
Durhnevir

Some idea about traders

Durhnevir

I had an idea yesterday, I think it could be a good way to spice up the game. I'm sure i'm not the first to come up with it but I want to share it with you anyway.

(First things first i'm not english so if i'm not clear enough tell me)

My goal with this idea is to slow the game economy, and to maintain a high  level of difficulty, even for high level players.

First, traders disappear from the menu. Menu is your hideout and that's it. You can still  receive/send messages to the traders for tasks and things that I will explain later.

Traders would be accessible only in some places on maps (Exemple : Prapor in one of the closed building in Custom, Peacekeeper near an UNTAR checkpoint) accessible by pressing an intercom button, standing in front of a camera, opening a door. Thoose triggers would act as extracts, when extracted you would have acces to the trader's store.

After your poo done, you would re-enter a new raid and have to extract with the loot you just bought. If you want to sell, you have to take your items with you and make it to the trader's location.

You could also contact traders before entering a raid, buy an item and go pick it up at a "random" place on a map.

This system would dynamize certain maps, maps with traders would be of great interrest for everyone. The fact that locations of pick-up  are random would prevent from campers. At the exeption of the real traders location that could be protected by armed forces - like UNTAR faction for peacekeeper - that would open fire on nearby firefights (here I did not think it through).

For Fence, the system would be different, he would manage the fleamarket. He would not have a specific location but you would buy/sell something on the flea and he would contact you via message telling you the location of the dropzone/pick-up zone. Your item would be on the flea/sold, only if you make it alive to the dropzone/pick-up zone. 

I have two other features that are more optionnal because they are very harcore :

- Quests objects could be to bring (Ex bronze watch) /pick-up (Ex keys) directly to traders location, but that would highly up the difficulty of all thoose quests

- For insured items, the same system could be applied, waiting you at a certain location/dropzone

Consequences : 

- Much harder to have high tier stuff. For buy/sell stuff, you have to go through one entire map

- Much lower progression because half of runs would be for buy/sell purpose, not a bad thing when we look at the speed of progression for this wipe

- Looted stuff becomes much more important, you would re-use a lot more the stuff you looted instead of selling it instantly

- High level player are less god mod cause high tier loot would be more difficult to acquire

- As said before, dynamizing maps, more interests in certain maps

The bad point I can see here is that it may incite some players to camp traders locations.

That's it, once again if i'm not clear, feel free to ask me.

Thanks for reading me !

• Like 1