Sign in to follow this  
n0stalg1a

Please fix late spawns.

n0stalg1a

Deployed on factory at 18 minutes to go and player scavs had already spawned. Deployed on shoreline the moment the screen came on it went straight black and I was dead. There are many other occasions this has happened also. In a game where you lose everything you would think that this would be somewhat a priority to the risk v reward for pmc players.

niclol5

dude

today i lost over 4m rubbles cuz everyone starts walking in place and i start taking damage out of nowhere

btw my ping is 19 

Bathory93

I thought something was up been getting into reserve 3-4 mins late sometimes with a high end pc with ssd and m.2. 3-4 mins on reserve may as well extract most of the loot is gone.

King_Kiff

Why even bother? 2 full minutes and still getting put into matches.

Might as well just give me the death screen and send me straight back to the main menu. The 10 second in game are a mere formality at that point... 

• Sad 1

behi09ma
48 minutes ago, King_Kiff said:

Why even bother? 2 full minutes and still getting put into matches.

Might as well just give me the death screen and send me straight back to the main menu. The 10 second in game are a mere formality at that point... 

if they kill you, next time you will come here and cry about losing your gear without even playing in raids.

they already know about this and there is a mega thread for this problem. no need for making another topic for it

King_Kiff
3 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

if they kill you, next time you will come here and cry about losing your gear without even playing in raids.

they already know about this and there is a mega thread for this problem. no need for making another topic for it

Yes there is, this shouldn't be a thing anymore.

behi09ma
24 minutes ago, King_Kiff said:

Yes there is, this shouldn't be a thing anymore.

i hope they fix this. but i didn't have that much late spawns this wipe. it's so rare for me.

btw install your game on SSD, if you have not done that already. a friend of mine spawns 3-5 mins late in raids due to this

King_Kiff
10 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

i hope they fix this. but i didn't have that much late spawns this wipe. it's so rare for me.

btw install your game on SSD, if you have not done that already. a friend of mine spawns 3-5 mins late in raids due to this

Load times are not an issue for me.

During busy times I can get more than 75% late spawns on reserve or interchange 

brian_fn

Got worse the last days. Got more late spawns and desync like before. Maybe the last technical changes aren´t that good. 

tobiassolem

Listen to the answer about Late spawns from Nikita, here:

Times: 1:12:07

and

1:21:14 primarily

To get rid of late spawns, we need to spawn all the players at once. So we need to load all these players, and we can't show you the progress - because you don't know how many players are in the game, that's the concept. So we need to wait for some time to load all the players into the game, then when it's ready, when everybody are ready... we need to spawn them, at the same time, and from that moment the countdown will start. The raid timer will start. That's the perfect idea, how things should work.

The thing is, a lot of players load the game for a really really long time, especially when they don't have an SSD-drive (or faster), so that's why we need to make some kind of limit, some kind of timer limit for how long we should wait for this player to load. How much time will you wait for him? Ten minutes? Fifteen minutes? It means that you will wait more.

It would increase waiting times more, yes... we can spawn in the same moment, but again ... it can decrease the timers, and especially, we have recorded [cases of players taking] 25 minutes to load, some people take a really long time, it can be even with SSD-drives, something is going on on their PC's, like the anti-virus started its check, and the load times will significantly increase. So we need to kick them, we need to kick these kind of players - right after ten minutes, we need to kick these players. Will they be happy about this change? I don't know. Especially we need to do it, we need to do a lot of work to make this thing; and its planned. All I want to say is, things are not SIMPLE.

ps. Similar threads were merged into one singular thread about late spawns

chrisragnar
55 minutes ago, King_Kiff said:

Load times are not an issue for me.

During busy times I can get more than 75% late spawns on reserve or interchange 

Does that mean you didn't install on you ssd, or you already have? Probably the biggest reason things are slow is people installing the game on external drives.. when I played R6 you could always tell when you had a laptop player with external drive because everyone ela had to wait for them to load for 3-8 min extra.