Nomad510

what do i do next?

Nomad510

After spending some time unlocking traders doing quests and so fourth Ive run out of the motivation to continue the quests. They just seem to unlock ammo/gear/stuff that make the game cheaper to play but am i missing the point or is this all just geared to make it cheaper for me to go out in the world with a heavy kit with nothing to do but look for new people so i can say welcome  to tarkov?  maybe there are things in the making to fix this that Im not aware of?

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)

Hey there Nomad, there are a few reasons to quest. Making things cheaper is one of them yes but, it also gives you some decent rewards (money, weapons, ammo, cases, ect), levels you up, can even reward skills to make your PMC more effective (depending on the quest), it unlocks new things you can buy from traders (so you don't have to buy them for insane prices off of the flea market), it allows you to use certain upgrades in your hideout (because you need certain level traders/skills to build these upgrades) and it also allows the unlock of the Kappa container (the biggest secure container in the game) once you complete all the quests (with the exception of a few). 

With all that said, it is not required to quest at all but, it does help you move through the game a lot faster, helps teach you the maps, and overall just gives you a boost. Plus, you will spend a ton of money on ammo and other things from the flea market if you don't rank your traders up enough to buy it from them but, it's your choice in the end, those are just a few reasons to do the quests.

Have a good one.

Edited by TheWhistler

Nomad510

ty for your reply and while i do see some benefits in making some of this cheaper im just wondering what im making it cheaper for exactly.  What am i gearing up to do other then getting a bigger box that will be taken away in a couple of months. and please don't get me wrong i enjoy the game although im terrible  im just wondering if there is something im not aware of in the making.

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nomad510 said:

ty for your reply and while i do see some benefits in making some of this cheaper im just wondering what im making it cheaper for exactly.  What am i gearing up to do other then getting a bigger box that will be taken away in a couple of months. and please don't get me wrong i enjoy the game although im terrible  im just wondering if there is something im not aware of in the making.

Well, you can make your goal what ever you want it to be, that's the great thing about the game. You can try to become the richest man in the game or stack up the most beautiful guns and gear in the game. Or maybe you just want to be a completionist and do everything there is to do like quests.

Things get taken away after a long time, you have plenty of time to enjoy it, not just a few months. Though, after full release there will not be wipes either way. There is no endgame right now so technically there is no major goal you are supposed to complete (besides the quests to get to the Kappa), you just have to find your own way and decide what you enjoy doing most in the game.

Some enjoy being rich, others enjoy completing the quests, some don't care and just like raiding from time to time. It's up to you my friend. More gear, more money, completing quests/hideout, those are the main reasons (or just to enjoy the concept of the game). There will be an endgame eventually.

Edited by TheWhistler