Sign in to follow this  
Bacca49

Woods - Last PMC getting tagged and cursed or a cursed spot???

Bacca49

OK, I have a question to see if anyone else has had this happen. It could be my poor playing or something else, hence throwing it out there to see if anyone else has had similar (just in cas it's not me and it's a bug or something).

I've now had several raids over the last few weeks on woods where the following has happened (Note; this is always in the same general location, so I'm guessing that's part of it?);

1. It's late in the raid (yes I suck at woods and get sniped a lot, so take it real slow to try to survive, bad I know), and I'm guessing by now most or all other PMC's have left. probably about 15 to 20 minutes left in the raid. However, I think I've had this happen on one occasion a lot earlier it's just that I always seem to spawn the other side of the map most times.

2. I'm in roughly the same area, see attached map, on the backside of the hill west of the lumber yard (the side facing the open area towards the north extracts).

3. I see a single scav and take a pot shot at him (sometimes he's in that area, sometimes in the distance across the field).

4. Shortly after the shot (if I one shot him or not makes no difference), I find that the area start's getting swarmed by AI Scav's from every direction, including the previously clear dirtection behind me that I have come from. This seems to start between 20 to 80 seconds after the first shot. These are all heading directly towards where I am.

In most cases, I'm dead before I can get a good count (many of them seem to be able to see me through numerous rows of bushes and trees or from the extracts themselves), though one time I was able to get 6 or 7 of them before they finally got me trying to heal and low on ammo as that time they were a little more spread out in approaching and not all appearing at once like normal. At that time there were at least 3 still around me and probably more.

So my question is has anyone else had something similar or any ideas on thier behaviour? I know that I haven't seen this behaviour at other locations when I've killed scav's earlier in the raids (like around the scav house).

InkedWoods_swarm_locations_LI.jpg

BanditMaka
Posted (edited)

There is a thing (not quite tagged and cursed), it's easier to notice on factory or labs, where when you are the last pmc the AI only have you to aggro on and move towards. That can feel like you are getting swarmed or that they know where you are.

There's another thing (dunno if it's still an issue but was common at mantis on interchange) where scavs would just keep spawning and coming at you.

Finally, the spot you circled is one of the places I look for scavs when I need em on woods, I've definitely seen a lot in that area at times, and have experienced some rough AI ganks there for sure, since very little cover and they've always been better at seeing us through bushes. 

It never felt like the mantis thing, but maybe just the number of AI spawn locations + a lack of player traffic in that spot + you being the last player left, could result in what you're experiencing.

Edited by BanditMaka

p30pl3h4t3m3

"swarms" could happen on every map.