Sign in to follow this  
marco2

Game is unplayable after reinstall (help pls)

marco2

Hi all!

My SSD died a few days ago so I had to reinstall windows and tarkov to my HDD. (it is a quite new HDD, western digital 1tb 7200 rpm) Before reinstall I had 60-90 fps on low-med options, but after I reinstalled everything I have barely 50 fps (on full low) and I have huge fps drops after deployment and when I'm in a gunfight. (huge = the game is unplayable) 

I tried other games like Valorant, Fallout 4, and R6S and I don't have any fps problems in those games.

I tried with multiple windows and nvidia options, multiple nvida drivers, game reinstall.. the only thing I did no try is windows reinstall but I don't think it would help. 

Do you have any (other) solution?

usethewiki

buy a new ssd?

marco2
2 hours ago, usethewiki said:

buy a new ssd?

the thing is: this "little" change in hardware should not affect the fps in this drastic way.. the game is literally unplayable

disastrous1234
Posted (edited)

try re-installing your video drivers or uninstall/re-install your drivers. HDDs and SSDs do not usually majorly affect gameplay FPS it affects the ability of your computer to read and write information things such as loading times into matches would be affected FPS is primarily affected by RAM and the video card.

edit: just re-read and you already tried installing different drivers, the problem is therefor most likely affixed to your RAM. Check your computers RAM usage while running the game. it is probably too high. perhaps one of your RAM sticks failed when your SSD failed.

Edited by disastrous1234

marco2
25 minutes ago, disastrous1234 said:

try re-installing your video drivers or uninstall/re-install your drivers. HDDs and SSDs do not usually majorly affect gameplay FPS it affects the ability of your computer to read and write information things such as loading times into matches would be affected FPS is primarily affected by RAM and the video card.

edit: just re-read and you already tried installing different drivers, the problem is therefor most likely affixed to your RAM. Check your computers RAM usage while running the game. it is probably too high. perhaps one of your RAM sticks failed when your SSD failed.

Shouldn't the ram affect other games as well?

disastrous1234

depends on the usage of said games

marco2
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, disastrous1234 said:

depends on the usage of said games

Well I just tested it on R6S and Tarkov, they are both using 6-6.5 Gb ram, while playing. 

The strange thing is: while in R6S I have 98% GPU and ~80% CPU usage (wich is normal), I have ~50% (both) in Tarkov and it is jumping between 0 and 50 (so this is the cause of the low fps and fps drops) now the question is why is there low gpu and cpu usage while I'm playing with Tarkov?

Edited by marco2

disastrous1234
Posted (edited)

windows defender maybe or your anti virus. check to see if those are blocking tarkov.

edit: trying to block

Edited by disastrous1234

marco2
9 hours ago, disastrous1234 said:

windows defender maybe or your anti virus. check to see if those are blocking tarkov.

edit: trying to block

nope, it isn't that. As I searched for this problem on the net I found multiple forum topic with the same problem... the first ones are from 2018 (the last ones are a just a few days old) and a tons of guys have/had better specs than I do.. it's kinda interesting that BSG didn't fix this problem (or optimise their game) in years.. I guess rip my tarkov carrier :D