_Primetheus_

Suggestions from a fellow developer

_Primetheus_
Posted (edited)

Hi BSG Devs.

First of all, you guys have created an amazing game here. You inspire me, I hope you are all keeping safe during this pandemic.

I have a suggestion that, if you think about it could possibly have several benefits to EFT, with hardly any drawbacks.
Please know that I'm not being critical of what we have , I die a lot and I love this game so very much still.

My thoughts are principally based on the mentality of the players that cheat... they don't want to screw people over, they just want the nice guns and gear. Right now getting that would mean having to be a better player, which is perfectly fair, but cheaters don't think that learning the game and increasing skills is worth the pain and suffering.

I think the other type of cheater is the people doing RMT and trying to profit IRL. They lose their ability to profit if players with real world money have other options besides paying for RMT to get ahead or facing certain death due to playing time constraints etc.

Your idea about tracking the found in raid items is great, and seems to be making a difference.

1) My principal suggestion is that you allow each player account to have multiple PMC's
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.1) Starting with 2 PMC slots for a standard account, adding potentially more for people that have EOD for example.
1.2) When you create your PMC you must choose... 
    a) Hardcore PVP PMC (Current PMC)
    b) Permadeath PVP PMC (like the name says, only a choice for the mentally ill - hell I don't think anyone would choose this... but you never know.)
    c) Hardcore PVE PMC (Same as current PMC, except no VS multiplayer, only co-op)
    d) Permadeath PVE PMC (As above, except with permadeath)
1.3) Fleamarket abuse is a concern so there is no flea market in the PVE modes! 
1.4) PVE PMC's need to follow the quests and unlock access to higher tier items the usual way.
1.5) You cannot transfer anything between your PMC's ever!
1.6) PVP then becomes the endgame META for the game, and if that's boring for the pro-streamers ... there's always perma-death mode.
1.7) The idea of this is to increase the numbers of people who first of all buy the game which is good for the dev team, but it also eases the matching process, by having more players online.
1.8) Scav runs are ALWAYS multiplayer, however you choose which of your PMC characters you want to give your items to, not a mix of characters, one only. pick... 

:)

2) Add a player tiering system. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.1) When players reach max level, they get offered a promotion quest, on completion of the promotion quest the PMC Tier is increased +1, This applies to PVE and PVP PMC characters.
2.2) Game matching is based on player tier or match players based on level | 1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 and so on...
2.3) New tiers can give something of cosmetic value, I'm sure you can some up with a plan here on how to reward higher tier players.
2.4) Add minimum gear point requirement for higher tier matches, cannot enter with cheap / lower lvl guns ie: moisins etc. this prevents endgame players from being punished. (may not work) 

Notes:
- PVE should still run "online" via BSG servers, not offline whatsoever, as we want to avoid decompilation of netcode etc. 
- Allowing players more options or gameplay modes will put everyone in their box, and should reduce the number of people cheating.
- Cheaters suck at the game, so forcing them to play against better opponents encourages their cheating behaviour... now if they want to cheat, they only cheat themselves and are less able to ruing the game for other people.
- These new modes will give that element of the player base other options, so they don't feel justified doing it.

3) Implementation costs and issues
3.1) It will drastically reduce cheaters, but not eliminate them completely.
3.2) It will probably mean more costs in terms of servers, but hopefully the increased player numbers will drive profits at the same time.
3.3) I know micro-transactions are not ideal, but there could be specific tier rewards for multiplayer.
3.4) This would not effect the core gameplay of tarkov, other than AI driven PMC's for offline mode, and scav runs and selecting PMC for transfer and selecting PMC screen will need more that 2 options. Will need naming PMC's obviously.
3.5) This also allows EOD players to replay and enjoy low level play with a new PMC.

Just some ideas guys, again I hope this helps in some small way
I love the game, if my ideas are dogsh_t, then thats cool also :) just know they're posted with the best intentions.

Peace.

Edited by _Primetheus_
typos & spelling

skyflashde

Yeah... sounds like a different game, so... maybe next game.

They are currently trying to wrap this game up and finish it so they can move on to their next game development. So you can guess what the chances are that they will now make a 180° turn and turn Tarkov into the game you describe above.... its like ZERO.

_Primetheus_

Perhaps. You make a fair point.

However Nikita has said the team already spend a lot of time dealing with hackers and cheaters.

This is time not adding features or working on maps etc. So... I think that cheaters can perhaps be dealt with in a different way. By looking at the problem from a few steps back, and a different angle.

If you get the psychology of these people, give them and some of the rest of us casuals a separate playpen where their cheating in Pvp would not matter anymore...

It deals the same blow to the RMT people.

Cheaters can go play with AI, get guns feel cool or whatever and then they'll move on. Or get good. RMT people can still play the game with friends or solo without worrying about getting smoked by lvl 40 thicc bois. Rocking the toys and the endgame gear.

We also get the benefit of PvE helping with  story mode. We get to choose our preference level based on our skill. This will mean less hate for the devs also. Even though I personally think the haters, and cheaters idiotic.

There is still gear fear, and if youre cheating in PvE mode then who cares. There is no PvE leaderboard, you want a leaderboard you are the type of person that enjoys challenge and will go play PvP anyways.

Look if the devs don't agree or that's for a different game, hey man that's cool. Just felt like it may help if it doesn't that's cool too.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Was hoping others would feel the same re the PvE experience.