ShiroTenshi

Patch 0.12.7 Preliminary Patch Notes

BlooDxHound

Will there be a wipe?

• Sad 1

EinfachEcco

whats about the feature we can heal teamm8s with the own healitems and not to drop the stuff and then he needs to heal himself ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

SuperShotDK

Thank you Battlestate 🙂 and                                             Pog

SWOLLKINS
1 hour ago, Yunkster said:

Why even more reliance on soft skills that are outside of player control? Surgery skill and ADS skill.

Is this fun? Where NEETs and streamers who play the game 10 hours a day have a massive advantage over people who do not?

This is so dumb. Either delete soft skills or allow players a fixed amount of points to allocate into skills of their choosing. The current system is neither realistic nor player skill based.

This is accurate of how it works, if someone is out in the field getting more experience then they should have more experience, yes streamers play a lot so there characters will be better. But this is not EFT fault. If you want your character to be better, stronger, faster than you have to play... sorry you cant pay and win your way to the top. People who play more should have an advantage over people who dont play  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 2

MrMachineHead

I love the AI behaviour notes. They seem pretty awesome!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Marcelo_1979
59 minutes ago, Hirax said:

Its happening EVERYBODY CALM DOWN

OMG it's happening indeed 

giphy.gif

JerseyJoe

When will the patch be release?

DephoZ

Have you been thinking about how to reverse the bush campers or the exfil campers ?

Mabye add sneezing - coughs - farts or stuff like that when sitting in rooms or bushes too long ?

• Sad 1

t40r

Wow this is really exciting! Nice!

threlve
1 hour ago, Yunkster said:

Why even more reliance on soft skills that are outside of player control? Surgery skill and ADS skill.

Is this fun? Where NEETs and streamers who play the game 10 hours a day have a massive advantage over people who do not?

This is so dumb. Either delete soft skills or allow players a fixed amount of points to allocate into skills of their choosing. The current system is neither realistic nor player skill based.

rewarding people for playing the game is dumb? 
understandable but there's no point in grinding the game like the streamers or 'neets' do if there's going to be a fixed amount of points possible to go into skills, therefore basically deleting a quarter of the progression of the game itself.
as well as, you can always beat someone who has higher in-game 'skills' than you. just because their ingame character is more physically capable than yours does not mean their unkillable. just because they can aim quicker and take a bullet out quicker doesn't make them the next coming of god.
also, this current system is incredibly realistic. you start as a person with the same amount of 'experience' on the 'battlefield' as other players. as you progress through the game you get better at some skills, while at the same time, if you don't use a certain skill, it regresses. 
also also, you can argue it's player skill based. the people who are incredibly good at the game will get the skills to the higher levels quicker than those who maybe aren't as good at the game, who will take more time.

most fights you take in this game you're at a disadvantage, and this just makes it so in some of those fights there's a tougher, higher cliff to climb in order to achieve victory.
stop being ungrateful for BSG's long-awaited rework of some of the *harder* skills to grind. the skills don't make or break the game for some players, whether you're fighting someone with higher levels or you're just getting started and max endurance sounds really good, just be happy that they're making changes and listening to the community.

• Upvote 3

ShiroTenshi
1 hour ago, Probing said:

The PPSH have a bug that doesn´t show the screen for "Bullet in Chamber" in "Info" menú of the Weapon.

This is not a bug.

31 minutes ago, BlooDxHound said:

Will there be a wipe?

No.

Czecher

No new map ??? Damn this will take more than 3 years to get them all ....shame

• Sad 1

Klosteinmann
Posted (edited)

Can we take a moment to talk about how crazy OP some Elite Level skills are in this game? Or how we still don't have a matchmaking system implemented for newer and lower leveled players talking sub level <10? Curious to when they take a stance on this or going to introduce something like it.

Because that sure is going to be useful for balancing out the wave of new players for the next wipe and helping them to enjoy and have everyone have a better time at the game, without having to essentially put all the playtime into the game right after a wipe occurred in order to stay competitive or even stand a chance in a PMC fight.

I like seeing the AI getting smarter though because right now there kinda easily outplayed. While they in bigger hordes manage to easily surprise you with a headshot.

Edited by Klosteinmann
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Madoscan

Did I miss the bug fix for the ludicrous fire damage that kills you immediately anywhere near Gas Station on shoreline?

M4L1y

noobtubes ???

• Sad 1

LenzOA
2 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:
  • Increase the speed of the sprint

not sure if making the game faster is a good thing. maybe slowing it down, adding more recoil and adding EXTREME recoil 1-3 sek after moving to the game would increase the experience of the gameplay

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

oOllGAMERllOo

Sounds like a great patch and some really interesting additions. Can’t wait.

KiloNein

When?

Edrein
17 minutes ago, Klosteinmann said:

Can we take a moment to talk about how crazy OP some Elite Level skills are in this game? Or how we still don't have a matchmaking system implemented for newer and lower leveled players talking sub level <10? Curious to when they take a stance on this or going to introduce something like it. Because that sure is going to be useful for balancing out the wave of new players in the next wipe and helping them to enjoy and have everyone have a better time at the game not having to essentially put all the playtime into the game right after a wipe occurred in order to stay competitive or even stand a chance in a PMC fight.

It seems unlikely. Most responses you're going to get are generally in the vein of 'git gud' or 'cheese like everyone else'. It would be nice to get slightly more balanced lobbies but sometimes the David vs Goliath situation can be fun too. Definitely not for brand new players though, that's incredibly frustrating for them.

Wrathful_Scythe

Promising changes. Not so sure about the HP buff but the behaviour changes for Scavs look very promising.

I'm also looking forward to get viciously killed over and over again at the new spots in customs.

• Upvote 2

RegentStrife00
12 minutes ago, Klosteinmann said:

Can we take a moment to talk about how crazy OP some Elite Level skills are in this game? Or how we still don't have a matchmaking system implemented for newer and lower leveled players talking sub level <10? Curious to when they take a stance on this or going to introduce something like it. Because that sure is going to be useful for balancing out the wave of new players in the next wipe and helping them to enjoy and have everyone have a better time at the game not having to essentially put all the playtime into the game right after a wipe occurred in order to stay competitive.

Ok so I don't normally post on the forums or anything, but there is a serious problem with the diminishing return in regard to soft skills in general. As I am not totally against it, dropping the percentage return to 0% completely halts any progression on skill training while in raid. Raids can take a long time, and most people who thoroughly enjoy this game should be able to agree to that. Do Elite Skills give your PMC an edge in combat? Yes they do, but does it make them unbeatable? Not at all. There should still be some sort of experience gain no matter how much you use a skill. Let's take Endurance for example. This skill is leveled up by simply moving around in raid. I checked how fast the diminishing returns hit 0%, and it only took about 10 minutes for my PMC to be receiving no experience at all for his Endurance skill. 

The  problem I see here is mainly with diminishing returns being able to completely negate the experience gain to absolute 0. The lowest I could see it reaching is maybe 35%, much like World of Warcraft. It still allows progression without halting it completely, while still preventing people from being able to grind out an entire skill in one raid. It would take a lot of time still, but it would still allow a lot of progression and for a lot of people to be able to enjoy the perks and rewards of playing this hardcore FPS with the time they put into it. This game definitely takes time to play, and to be better at it. There are many videos out there involving streamers being in the 60's level zone without having Elite Skills. At this point in the game, your Private Military Company character won't even be any better than Scav raiders. 

Now, this game IS a grind. It takes a LOT of time for people to progress and really enjoy the spoils of their efforts. Halting skill progression to absolute 0 is a major mistake in my opinion, but diminishing returns is still a good idea. As said by many previous posts, it allows those who don't have as much time as others to have room to catch up without falling too far behind. 

33 minutes ago, threlve said:

rewarding people for playing the game is dumb? 
understandable but there's no point in grinding the game like the streamers or 'neets' do if there's going to be a fixed amount of points possible to go into skills, therefore basically deleting a quarter of the progression of the game itself.
as well as, you can always beat someone who has higher in-game 'skills' than you. just because their ingame character is more physically capable than yours does not mean their unkillable. just because they can aim quicker and take a bullet out quicker doesn't make them the next coming of god.
also, this current system is incredibly realistic. you start as a person with the same amount of 'experience' on the 'battlefield' as other players. as you progress through the game you get better at some skills, while at the same time, if you don't use a certain skill, it regresses. 
also also, you can argue it's player skill based. the people who are incredibly good at the game will get the skills to the higher levels quicker than those who maybe aren't as good at the game, who will take more time.

most fights you take in this game you're at a disadvantage, and this just makes it so in some of those fights there's a tougher, higher cliff to climb in order to achieve victory.
stop being ungrateful for BSG's long-awaited rework of some of the *harder* skills to grind. the skills don't make or break the game for some players, whether you're fighting someone with higher levels or you're just getting started and max endurance sounds really good, just be happy that they're making changes and listening to the community.

As mentioned in @threlve's statement, Elite Skills absolutely DO NOT make you "unkillable". A headshot is still a headshot, no matter what. The skills are a very small part of the game honestly, which explains how scavs are able to kill PMC's wearing level 6 armor. Overall, skills are designed to help and are completely realistic in respect to real life scenarios. The more an operator hones his combat skills, the better they are going to be at using said skills. As a veteran, I would have to argue against the idea that the skills are unfair. They aren't. I would just like to see the percentage rate for diminishing returns to be bottomed out at somewhere near 35%. This would make the most sense I believe, and I hope the Developers see this and take it into consideration. 

If anyone agrees or disagrees, keep it civil and just reply. I'm honestly not looking for a fight and it'll make the Developer's jobs a lot easier to read actual "Problem/Solution" posts without reading about how a bunch of people think they're dumb or whatever.

Peace.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

F4113n

So update tomorow?:>

Spectator6
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

not sure if making the game faster is a good thing. maybe slowing it down, adding more recoil and adding EXTREME recoil 1-3 sek after moving to the game would increase the experience of the gameplay

Many read that these line items in the patch notes are merely restating what the skills do. So they're noting that Strength still increases sprint speed, not necessarily that the patch will increase sprint speeds MORE. 

Regardless, I'm with you 100%

I'd welcome slower movement speeds overall. Shouldn't heavier/more encumbered players sprint slower than light and nimble players? Makes sense to me... 

Full auto recoil needs to be increased quite a bit and players should be more affected by ADADAD strafing all the time and constantly moving. Stable shooting platforms are a thing in real life for a reason.

Believe it or not, I think EFT could learn a thing or two from Valorant in this regard. IMO, that games has a good "feel" when it comes to player feedback on movement penalties, etc. Obviously it's more arcade overall, but the technical trade-offs are there and communicated well to the player.

Edited by Spectator6
  • Upvote 2

WarTraveller
3 minutes ago, RegentStrife00 said:

*Snip*

I have been thinking about the diminishing returns on skills for a while now, and I strongly believe it is done, along with certain other changes, to promote more, but shorter and more "action packed" raids. Whether that is a good thing in a presumably hardcore survival game .... that is up to one's personal preference I guess.

Annunaki

Please Please please make the ping limit higher so we can play with our friends BSG. 200 ping limit would be ideal. I am not the only one complaining about this. Others are having the same issue. We all love Tarkov, it brought us together. But we miss playing together since the ping limit got decreased. So please I beg of you BSG, make the ping limit higher. Great game btw, love every second of it.

• Like 1